Taking Pleasure in Defeating Certain Players

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you every come across another player or players that just get under your skin for some reason and so you take extra pleasure in taking them out of the game or even just beating them in a hand? I don't want anyone calling anyone out by name or any distinguishing statements, just if you have felt this way and for what reason. Was it because they always seem to get lucky? You took a bad beat from them? Poor table etiquette? What was it?

While I hate to admit it, there are a few players I feel this way about. It is never because of their 'luck' or a 'bad beat' but usually about their table etiquette. If they are sore losers or bad winners it just seems to really irk me and those are the players I seem to remember from game to game. Never do I remember who fluked out and cracked by pocket Aces but be rude it chat and talk crap - I'll remember your name forever;).

I just can't handle that behavior:mad:

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Have you every come across another player or players that just get under your skin for some reason and so you take extra pleasure in taking them out of the game or even just beating them in a hand? I don't want anyone calling anyone out by name or any distinguishing statements, just if you have felt this way and for what reason. Was it because they always seem to get lucky? You took a bad beat from them? Poor table etiquette? What was it?

While I hate to admit it, there are a few players I feel this way about. It is never because of their 'luck' or a 'bad beat' but usually about their table etiquette. If they are sore losers or bad winners it just seems to really irk me and those are the players I seem to remember from game to game. Never do I remember who fluked out and cracked by pocket Aces but be rude it chat and talk crap - I'll remember your name forever;).

I just can't handle that behavior:mad:

It's beneficial not to hold onto any negative emotions at the table, regardless of why..

People being asshats isn't anything new and singling out a player that you most want to bust/take chips from can lead to errors of judgement arising from that desire..

That being said, yes of course, I have felt that way and there has been extra pleasure removing certain characters from a tournament...

It's best if that happens organically rather than by design...

Here is a list of the CC members and other poker players I hate most and relish eliminating....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As if I'd do that and I don't hate any of you!!

:love:

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People being asshats isn't anything new and singling out a player that you most want to bust/take chips from can lead to errors of judgement arising from that desire..

I agree and I don't necessarily single a player out, I just have an extra feeling of pleasure when it happens. And truthfully it doesn't even have to be me that does it, just seeing it gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling:love:!

In a sense, it's like watch KARMA in action:D.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You hit the spot with this one.Every has their limit of suffering and here where is my currently:when i see a player who is just bad player and he is limping every damn hand he has with nothing and after let say half way of a tournament has one of the biggest stack he immediately becomes my target of destruction.Everyone who plays cc freeroll and say that he don't have such a moment is a liar by my modest opinion.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I agree and I don't necessarily single a player out, I just have an extra feeling of pleasure when it happens. And truthfully it doesn't even have to be me that does it, just seeing it gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling:love:!

In a sense, it's like watch KARMA in action:D.

You're certainly not alone with that feeling!

As long as it isn't affecting your judgement- take as much pleasure in jerks getting busted out* as you like..! :)

It's even better live... You can see their faces! ;)

This topic (not your thread but the subject) is something that has been a process of evolution for me.

I used to be one of those asshats. If anyone sucked out on me, ever, even if I was only a marginal favourite when the chips went in... I'd get salty as hell and, sometimes, lose my marbles completely...

Now, it's all relative... I never spouted the vile atrocities that some of my other fellow asshats would, but I did berate, insult and try to ridicule their play or intellect.

This is extremely shameful. I deeply regret and repent my behaviours. The worst was the realisation that my actions could (probably did) have scared away new players from our beautiful game. They wouldn't have had any idea what they did wrong.

Looking back, this breaks my heart and I cannot go back and undo it or send each and every player a message expressing my sincere apologies. It's in the past now, and we have to live with the past.

However, our pasts do not define our futures! It's a bold new day, every day, and it is never too late to change.

Thankfully, I have finally reached the stage (just recently in fact) where I am extremely happy to lose in spots where I was the seventy, eighty or even ninety percent favourite, safe in the knowledge that I'm doing it right and over the course of my career, I'm going to profit immensely from those spots in the long run.

Here's a kind of example...

In the past I frequently bemoaned that on 24/8/18 and 25/8/18 I finished 892nd/38,123 then 86th/35,715 to win $22 and $55 WCOOP tickets, only to go on to lose in very sick spots in both the $250k gtd and $500k gtd events entered.

One of them (as some of you might remember reading elsewhere around the forum**) was early game, heads-up, all-in, preflop hero AA villain AKo. equity doesn't get much better than that, until the flop runs out QJT and you're back in the lobby wondering what the universe is trying to tell you.

I can see that for what it was now and rather than bemoan it, I'm super proud of it***!

Not too long ago I was all in pre with AK v AA, and I cracked them... If memory serves, in exactly the same way. I felt for the guy (or gal) but it was definitely a moment of realisation that, if you play long enough, it does eventually balance out...

Now, I might have meandered a little but there is one last thing I need to say...

I never, EVER would have got to this stage (let alone any further I may progress) without the help, support, advice and good examples set by all the truly amazing people who come together to become cardschat.

I'm forever indebted to you and could never thank you enough!

Look forward to seeing some of you in 34 minutes..! :love:

*Perhaps not the safest wording I've ever used on the forum... :/

**I pledge never to mention it again from now!!

***These days I prefer to play it slower and give myself the opportunity to get away from extremely unfavourable boards, sopping wet with four diamonds or whatever...

Last edited:
Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Have you every come across another player or players that just get under your skin for some reason and so you take extra pleasure in taking them out of the game or even just beating them in a hand?

Yes. Curiously cardchat events are full of players like this :bebored:

B

BrazilBrazil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never worried about the player's way, I prefer to take care of the way he plays to catch him by surprise.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes. Curiously cardchat events are full of players like this :bebored:

Really?!

Full?

You must have been getting very unlucky with your seating...

About 95-99% of the time, the tables in CC games are civilised, polite and friendly in my experience! Or silent. Either is acceptable!

Perhaps I have much lower standards..

Or I'm just so terrible that everyone else seems fine! :laugh:

Either that or there is some hyperbole in play here... :bebored:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I kind of enjoy busting bad players. Like for instance today I 3-bet AK, someone behind 4-bet jammed with a relatively short stack, original raiser folded, and I called. He turned over 22, I hit, and he was out of the tournament. This felt good, because he did not get rewarded for his wild play. It also meant, I got to win his chips, before he dusted them off to someone else.