Starting hands that you seem to get alot

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone have a certain starting hand that they seem to get A LOT more frequently than they should? For me it is 66. I played the CC freeroll tonight (took 7th thanks to a bad beat...rolls eyes) and I had 66 ELEVEN times. I had KK and 22 twice and 77 and QQ once. I thought that was weird but then I see the same person getting AA or another getting KK pretty frequently. There was one guy who got KK two hands in a row (I don't know if they were the same suits). I was beginning to think that this was a flaw in the platform but I also played on another site and was getting 66 fairly regularly (much more often than any other pocket pair) on there too.

So, I started digging through my hand history and out of the last 10,000 hands I have played. I got pocket pairs in about 8% of hands and 66 made up 17% of all the pocket pairs that I got.

Anyone else have the same type experience?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my case, not reason, is 10K, a lot of times i go all in and i win. i dont know why.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone have a certain starting hand that they seem to get A LOT more frequently than they should? For me it is 66. I played the CC freeroll on BCP tonight (took 7th thanks to a bad beat...rolls eyes) and I had 66 ELEVEN times. I had KK and 22 twice and 77 and QQ once. I thought that was weird but then I see the same person getting AA or another getting KK pretty frequently. There was one guy who got KK two hands in a row (I don't know if they were the same suits). I was beginning to think that this was a flaw in the "new" platform but I also played BOL and was getting 66 fairly regularly (much more often than any other pocket pair) on there too. So, I started digging through my hand history and out of the last 10,000 hands I have played. I got pocket pairs in about 8% of hands and 66 made up 17% of all the pocket pairs that I got.

If you start hitting sets with them, you may be the anti-Christ?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it has happened to me to touch a pair preflop several times or to touch AA 2 times in a row but it is exceptional. generally my good hands are spaced. which does not bother me as long as I manage to win these spots.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the short run sure... but once you've played 100k+ hands it all balances out

theskillzdatklls

theskillzdatklls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in 2007 when I first played poker I always used to think I got J4o a lot. Until the day when that stopped happening. Then I stopped noticing such things :p

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
In an ACR game today, I got 86 off, 4 times in a row and then 77 twice in a row. I don't know how random anything is in online poker. If I think about it too much, I may stop playing.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hands with unplayable rags in them. It seems to be a daily occurrence although people are winning with them often so I figure I have to loosen up and go with the flow. Feeling the glow of the flow I've tried this on occasion and ended up with a $0 balance. Things that make you go hmmmm....:)

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A/7 o
T/7 o
Those are the current starting hands I get most often. IDK why - just do. A/7 o is the most tempting - but I rarely play it unless the situation calls for it.
I rarely ever play the T/7 o - because the situation is not available - and it is maybe a 3% winner for me. However I see a lot of players winning with that hand, in bad spots even. It's not a hand I win with.

Also 44 - 22 often in EP.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you start hitting sets with them, you may be the anti-Christ?

LMAO. I seem to hit a set about a third of the time with them, but I also seem to flop either a lot of low connected boards with them or paired boards with one high card that I can semi-bluff with.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the short run sure... but once you've played 100k+ hands it all balances out

100k? I play more than that every year. I agree that it will balance out in the long run like everything else does.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a game today, I got 86 off, 4 times in a row and then 77 twice in a row. I don't know how random anything is in online poker. If I think about it too much, I may stop playing.

You are too awesome to every stop playing Nic!

Last edited by a moderator:
xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A/7 o
T/7 o
Those are the current starting hands I get most often. IDK why - just do. A/7 o is the most tempting - but I rarely play it unless the situation calls for it.
I rarely ever play the T/7 o - because the situation is not available - and it is maybe a 3% winner for me. However I see a lot of players winning with that hand, in bad spots even. It's not a hand I win with.

Also 44 - 22 often in EP.

A7o and T7o are hands that I would play if folded to on the button, or if I'm in the HJ and know that the button and blinds are tight players. I do not play 22-44 from EP unless short-handed or heads up. I would also play the A7 and T7 in these spots.

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually get QQ, but also often it is a losing hand, recently even having QQ I checked with hand 4.4, of course I lost

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LMAO. I seem to hit a set about a third of the time with them, but I also seem to flop either a lot of low connected boards with them or paired boards with one high card that I can semi-bluff with.
33% - that is extremely high for htting a set - consider yourself blessed with those hands.

A7o and T7o are hands that I would play if folded to on the button, or if I'm in the HJ and know that the button and blinds are tight players. I do not play 22-44 from EP unless short-handed or heads up. I would also play the A7 and T7 in these spots.
Yes totally agree if folded to in CO/Bttn or blinds, however that situation is rare. I get those specific two hands very often either in EP or after 1-2 early position raises. only 1 in about 30 times I regret not calling/3betting/ continuing with those hands from those positions. They are not winners - regardless of how I play them.
On certain occasions I will come in with those baby pocket pair from EP, although it is only when the table dynamic is right - or I get that tingly feeling to play a little looser. Of course it is totally set mining, and depending on the situation I end up with the steal without having to play post.
It's interesting to see how others deal with the hands that are nearly always throwaway hands for me - in certain spots.
Thanks for responding.

4nocreativity

4nocreativity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone have a certain starting hand that they seem to get A LOT more frequently than they should? For me it is 66. I played the CC freeroll on BCP tonight (took 7th thanks to a bad beat...rolls eyes) and I had 66 ELEVEN times. I had KK and 22 twice and 77 and QQ once. I thought that was weird but then I see the same person getting AA or another getting KK pretty frequently. There was one guy who got KK two hands in a row (I don't know if they were the same suits). I was beginning to think that this was a flaw in the "new" platform but I also played BOL and was getting 66 fairly regularly (much more often than any other pocket pair) on there too. So, I started digging through my hand history and out of the last 10,000 hands I have played. I got pocket pairs in about 8% of hands and 66 made up 17% of all the pocket pairs that I got.

I often get A4 o. But nothing at the frequency you are getting those pockets

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seem to get a combination from all 52 cards. Maybe it is just me.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
72 , suited by preference , I get a lot , LOL . Also A9s and very low pairs EP , especially when I am shortstacked . As if a little voice starts saying '' come on , first act and shove your pp '' , can't even remember the countless times others form middle or late position have called/reshoved with better pp or a decent hand for the flip , as if they knew I had a low pp , as if they think it's just a set up hand for me to lose if they also play/call/shove, can't remember how many times I have lost that way . Conspiracy theories :)

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I usually get cards I don't need a lot.

For example, this last saturday in the 2-7 one draw tournament, I got many high cards such as flushes, straights and quads... But when I play regular 5 card draw, I never get any hand!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands