Stalling for time

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't you hate when someone stall on you table?
I really hate to have such player on my table unfortunately I had one last Cardschat freeroll.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, we all do.

People can bring personal issues to the table. If they are frustrated in life, on-line poker becomes a easy vehicle to vent and get in other's faces, to release aggression- making silly raises every hand/street, running down the clock. Patently, some enjoy riling the entire table up.

Most players come to the table excited and eager to play- some do not, sadly.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the bubble, a lot of people are stalling. And they are essentially nothing to condemn. As time goes on, the blinds eat the stack. Another thing is when the sync mode is on, and some individuals continue to pull. That's really annoying. All the tables are sitting and waiting for one fool

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If the players at your table are profitable to stretch their time, then you have no choice but to put up with it; This is part of the game and is not prohibited by poker !!!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No one has any issue with someone stalling on the bubble. That's not just fine, its recommended as short stack.

That's not what I (and I believe the OP) are talking about. Its running the clock down just to irk other players. We've all faced it (and the likes of consecutive bingo all-ins) and as far as I'm concerned if it's players prerogative to play in such a manner, it's the prerogative of others to state they dislike it.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't you hate when someone stall on you table?

I really hate to have such player on my table unfortunately I had one last Cardschat freeroll.
I particularly do not like people standing on the table, I think he do it to annoy the opponent, but as it is not prohibited in poker, we will continue to play and try to ignore them.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens you just have to ignore it nothing you can do about it.:):):)

Aprendiz_Edu

Aprendiz_Edu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's really annoying to have such a player at the table, but I try to relax because I believe it's part of his strategy. I try to be more focused at the table to take advantage of the situation as many players will tilt, gl friend.

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the bubble, a lot of people are stalling. And they are essentially nothing to condemn.

I have done this on the bubble and will do it agree. Apologies in advance, but I'd rather eek into the cash then be polite and walk away empty handed.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes it's very annoying specially for those who do it before every single play and it is not a bubble phase or a hard decision but since they have some seconds + time bank they can allocate their time however they like!

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

The most annoying is when sync mode is on

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
It used to drive me crazy, but it is poker and anyone can play any way they like. I do now however use it as part of a strategy. 1 - to drive others nuts instead of me..lol and 2. to break up what others think I am doing.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It used to drive me crazy, but it is poker and anyone can play any way they like. I do now however use it as part of a strategy. 1 - to drive others nuts instead of me..lol and 2. to break up what others think I am doing.

This ^^^^^ in poker keeping your cool is one of the most valuable skills you can have in your bag ... it is used as a strategy and because it bothers people is why ... aside from limping into a min cash .. the thing is as far as I can find ... you are absolutely able to be bothered by what you allow to bother you ... take a breath and let it pass ..... you will be happier

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stalling is impractical, due to it taking time away from the clock which further reduces the amount of hands you can play per level at that indicated blind/ante thus increases the variance dramatically in the game. The variance becomes increasing worse as it happens in faster structures like turbos and hypers. Remember, everyone is there to play cards, not watch someone stall for a min cash. Play to Win!

Last edited:
B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love stalling. I stall all my MTT games.

Benefits. Stalling allow me to time the blinds so when I hit the button I the blind raises.

It put other player on a tilt because they are annoyed.

It makes the SB think I am scared to lose my chips and they often shove on me with trash.

It increases my chances of going ITM because other table bust out earlier.

It helps bluffing because it set the imagine you only want to play your best hands.

It removes any tell you have of how fast you call someone down, since you are waiting the full duration before folding.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There can be many reasons for the time delay, including playing on several tables at the same time. In general, a time bank is the personal time of each player and only the player decides how to use this time.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is one of the best tactic to piss off your opponent. It always work, in fact it work 100% to tilt someone.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good, at least some people are honest about using the time bank to irritate other players.

Not that it wasn't obvious.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Sometimes this happens, but of course, using time is a personal right for every player. I think there is nothing wrong with that. This player may be playing several tables at a time and so it takes time to make a decision.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When this happens online, which is the only format that I play in now, it makes me realize how accustomed I've become to online play and how unaccustomed I am to live play. To the question, I find it very annoying and rude. The one exception is when you're in a tournament and it's close to the pay line. Other than that, I think that there should be a strict time limit for all players.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
These types of threads make me wonder if anyone's actually played poker in real life. It's SECONDS! lol Try waiting for a shuffle every hand, on top of slow players.

Maybe they're playing many tables, or at work, or a number of different things, and not just doing it to "annoy" you. Just a thought..
Flipping out about it only hurts yourself, not them. Frankly, I get tired of hearing people flip out about it over and over at the table when we have a player like that. To me, that's more annoying than waiting a few seconds.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of player are inconsiderate of other players, they do not stay focused on the game causing the rest of us to wait. Some dump players think it makes them look like professional players thinking of the next move, sorry it does not. The ones I do not like but understand are the low stacks trying to make the bubble, annoying but understandable.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For short stack playing slow is much more useful. By playing slow you have essentially withering away the big stacks advantage. You essentially only have 1 move, push or fold. But by limiting the number of hands the big stacks can see, you cripple their play-ability. You are essentially turning a normal game into a Turbo because everyone (on your table) sees less hand before the blinds goes up.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love stalling. I stall all my MTT games.

Benefits. Stalling allow me to time the blinds so when I hit the button I the blind raises.

It put other player on a tilt because they are annoyed.

It makes the SB think I am scared to lose my chips and they often shove on me with trash.

It increases my chances of going ITM because other table bust out earlier.

It helps bluffing because it set the imagine you only want to play your best hands.

It removes any tell you have of how fast you call someone down, since you are waiting the full duration before folding.

This is my favorite type of player, so utterly clueless that they are willing to waste the most precious thing they have, that being time, in the hope that they are pissing someone off. Gotta be tough to have so little going on in your life. :sleep:

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like when players waste time, I just laugh. They would get more cards, and more hands in if they speed up. They might also get better hands by folding faster, so they can see more cards. With the low stacks , and in positions sometimes, just have to put all there chips in. But I believe the faster you fold ,the more chance you have of getting better cards, at the right times you will need them.