Slow play

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What, if anything, can you do when a player constantly runs the time clock to zero during a tournament? I know some do it to stall and try and get into the money but I have seen some do it from the very first hand.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I had this when the Internet connection was very weak. And you can’t do anything. I don’t want to go out of the game.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they play a lot of tables.

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it is real problem. The pace of play in any low limit or freerolls is slow. Big turn off to many players. In higher limits people are paying attention and playing hands.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are players who specifically pull time, and this is all annoying. Even in the club there are players who pull the time at the beginning of the game. There are two solutions to this problem. First, try to get rid of it quickly. Secondly, you can complain to the support service, it will immediately be notified that the players need to be respected. If complaints continue, PokerStars can freeze his account, then the game will most certainly go faster:damnmate:

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This used to happen to me when I had a slow internet connection, it wasn't on purpose. I do see some players do this often but sometimes I think it's just how some play.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let them do! It's theirs! How old are they given, so they and use!

MAGICUZ
So poker stars itself gives them these 2 minutes! They have every right to use this time as they want!

I do not react in any way, it is their full right to use their time as they want, all on equal terms, you also have the same 2 minutes. Do what you want with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What, if anything, can you do when a player constantly runs the time clock to zero during a tournament? I know some do it to stall and try and get into the money but I have seen some do it from the very first hand.

I feel you

It's one thing when you're on the bubble and have 5-10BB and you stall a few seconds.

The constant Tanking in poker is killing the game for sure.

If people need to take 30-45 seconds for every decision because their playing multiple tables, than they should consider narrowing down the amount of tables they're playing at.
Why punish everyone else because your time management is bad lol.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course it is unpleasant when there is such a player at the table. recently, in front of me was a player, and when he entered a Bank with a raise ( with no lag time !), I pulled the time, almost all the extra time that I had ))). but it was not revenge, but it's so fun. in General, you get used to such things and treat them calmly as given.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Doing so is part of the game, after all, trying to destabilize opponents is one of the strategies to put them on tilt. I think we should use this only against harder opponents.

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has the right to use the time at his own discretion. Play quietly and naturally.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is true that it can be unpleasant but it is part of the game. Everyone has the right to use this strategy to improve these chances of making gains.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The time bank is the personal time of each player and only the player decides how to use this time. I think that sometimes it is possible to use a time bank on the bubble for entry into the prize zone.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Time is a right that every player has and he can use as he wants, play turbo tournaments if he does not want to wait too long.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my personal opinion is that 90 percent of players who are about to get into the bubble will take time, being on the verge of relegation I did it myself .... there are a lot of different reasons for which such delays in the game are possible: bad internet, possibility to get into Bubble, maybe he plays and does housework at the same time, he solves his problems and does not respect other players!

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow play is deadly, it is a common mistake in novices. I have seen that some professionals have made that mistake

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
annoying or not, time bank is part of the game

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
There are different reasons why the player is slow.

It could be during bubble or internet connection is slow, also the player maybe playing multiple tables. Or it maybe a strategy to annoy the opponents.

It’s their time to use and they have every right to do so.

Keep calm and play poker😂:):D

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There's no such advantage at delaying. The huge blinds structures "doubles" in seconds.
If your stack is low, you're already dead most of the times. Got marginal hands, in position or not, go all-in. Better shoot than get shot.

Last edited:
kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing can be done about it - we can only accept it.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't like a slow game, I just hate it when someone at the table plays, especially without good reasons.

seriousplayer

seriousplayer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why i slow play

sometimes I slow play to throw players off by waiting for the clock to half way through if I have a good hand. I also check to let them hang them selfs. its strategy as I look at that. watch your players some do it for a reason

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they play at many other tables and just can not always arrive in time to play their hand, so they have to be late. But I have patience and I recommend that others have it.

seriousplayer

seriousplayer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slow play can be a strategy move. I do it and 80% of the time it pays off. Just don't slow play AA. $0% of the time I do that I lose to players that chase cards to the river

B

Bobby6Hill

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it's the way of the game

that's poker