Sitting out during a game.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only my opinion, I think sitting out for long duration should be eliminated. Sitting out for a few hands is needed for a of lot players, but for those that click the sit out button for long duration should be stopped. Come on you are here to play so play. I think after about 6 hands the sit out button should be reset. And if you stay out more then 15 hands you should penalized min 1 chip each hand you miss automatically. While I am here last mention the time button. Time button should never be automatic. If you are still watching and thinking but need more time then you have to click the extra time, that is cool, take your time. But people that try to play too many games the extra time is just wasting our time when they are ignoring our game.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see this as a problem. Everyone has a chance for the blinds. What is worse is those who have to leave and shove all in. Gives an advantage to those in the hand. Blinding out doesn't effect the game at all.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Dont tell me what to do :cool:
In fact people like you actually motivate me to sit out entire tournament (and still win something) even more ;)

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has the right to play as he pleases. The use of additional chaus is the right of every player. And I do not think that these changes that you are proposing are acceptable. If you are in such a hurry, just find another hobby.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely do that,but I see people sit out in CardsChat freerolls at GGPoker for more than 2 hours and some of them don't even play and get eliminated after.But I really don't like it when there are 3 or more sitouts at cash tables.They join a cash table and then choose to sitout for some reason.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't remember myself pushing sit out button at all but I don't see any problem when somebody is sitting out

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember that a lot of players sitting out don’t want to be—speaking as someone that never wants to sit out but occasionally I’ll have internet issue/or with the poker client that causes me to be sitting out when I very much don’t want to be lol.

Just make sure to adjust to the number of players sitting out and play on [emoji4] The only true negative effect this would have is if it tilts you/causes poor play—and the good news is that you can keep this from happening to you! [emoji106]

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It doesn't really bother me, but I think that if someone has to voluntarily leave the game for some reason that he or she has the option of just being removed from the game (along with all of his or her chips). It could be a button, that requires double verification to insure that an error doesn't occur.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Only my opinion, I think sitting out for long duration should be eliminated. Sitting out for a few hands is needed for a of lot players, but for those that click the sit out button for long duration should be stopped. Come on you are here to play so play. I think after about 6 hands the sit out button should be reset. And if you stay out more then 15 hands you should penalized min 1 chip each hand you miss automatically. While I am here last mention the time button. Time button should never be automatic. If you are still watching and thinking but need more time then you have to click the extra time, that is cool, take your time. But people that try to play too many games the extra time is just wasting our time when they are ignoring our game.

I don't see why this would bother you. It means that there is more free money on the table for you to take advantage of and it means there is someone left in the tournament that has no chance of winning it. Also, most tournaments these days have antes so the sit out player is not just losing chips in the blinds, but in every hand. This means the vast majority of the time, those that sit-out from the start will very rarely make the money.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments vs Cash Games

In tournaments it’s not too much of an issue. They will eventually lose their chips. Only issue is the player to their right has an advantage in stealing their blinds. In cash games, 6 player mostly, should not sit out for any extended period. Ruins the play.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I play 6-7 tables at a time, and in such cases, all I care about is my result. The time for each player is provided by the rules, and therefore everyone can use this time as they see fit.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thumbs Down

Not a fan at all!! If you are here to play poker then let’s play poker!

Z

Stay Safe

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not really an issue in tournaments, but it can be slightly irritating in cash games because it can basically make a 6 max game 3 or 4 handed, which requires adjustment that I have not really studied.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sitting out during a game

Hello.
I am sure some will disagree, but sitting out is only hurting yourself. Disregard the site allowing that. The active players have more in their favor by a player sitting out.
Dan'O

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Hello.
I am sure some will disagree, but sitting out is only hurting yourself. Disregard the site allowing that. The active players have more in their favor by a player sitting out.
Dan'O

888 disagrees with this statement ...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments a player sitting out still posts the blinds and antes, so I dont really see, how it hurts the game. The sit-out player is basically donating his chips to the rest of the table, and why would you not want that? On 888 Poker a player, who is forced all-in, can still win the pot, and sometimes this can be a little annoying, if its near the buble or a payjump. But again if the player was sitting in, he would surely have a greater chance of cashing, so its not like, he gain any unfair advantage.

In cash games I would like to see poker sites implement the following changes:

1) Broke players, that dont reload, should not be allowed to sit out.

2) Players, who just sat down, should not be allowed to sit out.

3) A decision to sit out should affect all tables at once.

As for point number 2) it could be a bit like the time bank, so that the longer you have played at a certain table, the longer you are allowed to sit out. Poker sites are moving to reduce the allowed time for sit out, but on 888 Poker it has come to the point, where I can often not even make a quick toilet break without being bounced from one or more tables, if I select "sit out on next blind".

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I turn off the time clock so that if I am sitting out it doesn't take too long.

M

ManiakKK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments a player sitting out still posts the blinds and antes, so I dont really see, how it hurts the game. The sit-out player is basically donating his chips to the rest of the table, and why would you not want that? On 888 Poker a player, who is forced all-in, can still win the pot, and sometimes this can be a little annoying, if its near the buble or a payjump. But again if the player was sitting in, he would surely have a greater chance of cashing, so its not like, he gain any unfair advantage.

In cash games I would like to see poker sites implement the following changes:

1) Broke players, that dont reload, should not be allowed to sit out.

2) Players, who just sat down, should not be allowed to sit out.

3) A decision to sit out should affect all tables at once.

As for point number 2) it could be a bit like the time bank, so that the longer you have played at a certain table, the longer you are allowed to sit out. Poker sites are moving to reduce the allowed time for sit out, but on 888 Poker it has come to the point, where I can often not even make a quick toilet break without being bounced from one or more tables, if I select "sit out on next blind".

On some sites you have 15 minute right to sit out. I dont see a problem if someone was bad beated and played for 1-2 h or more at the table... then the person sit outs to chill or go to the bathroom or eat...I mean why would someone not have a right to have a 15 minute break from the tables once they get know the players? I like it when some loose player gets out of the table and comes back in more then a new unknown one.

Also I dont see a problem why a people cant play one round and sitout without sitting back in, they have a right to observe the table without putting cash in.

But to respond to the author, I dont see any problem in geeneral people sitting out. Why?

Sometimes people need a break, or real life happens,they pay their comission while being sitted out.

I never have used sit out much, unless there is internet problem. Imagine that 3 times our electricity in the whole citiy of Barcelona went out one time and I was sitting 3 times in 2h for more then 20 minutes, couldnt log in for real money, not talking about the freerolls,

In the end i saved some invested money otherwise i would have lost all..

I like when people are sitted out actually especially in the tournaments, you know they wont call and it gives you position free..

If you play frerolls I get your point. Somebody is sitted out e.g. 7 players out of nine and then they wake up at 10 BB and start all in... I understand your frustration, but then dont play freerolls.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On some sites you have 15 minute right to sit out. I dont see a problem if someone was bad beated and played for 1-2 h or more at the table... then the person sit outs to chill or go to the bathroom or eat...I mean why would someone not have a right to have a 15 minute break from the tables once they get know the players?

Completely agree. Of course cash game grinders need a break sometimes to go to the bathroom or just relax their mind, just like MTTs players have an hourly break. And its really annoying, if this involve having to start all over again by going on waiting lists, getting to know new opponents etc. So sitting out in cash games is fair, if it is used as intended.

Also I dont see a problem why a people cant play one round and sitout without sitting back in, they have a right to observe the table without putting cash in.

This is where, I dont agree. For me this kind of behaviour is predatory and detrimental to the game. In no way, shape or form is it a "right" to occupy a seat without paying the blinds. If someone wants to observe, that is fine, but they must do it as an observer and run the risk, someone else takes the vacant seats first.

When I played cash games, I often started new tables. And quite regularly someone would sit down but then not play, until they were sure, there was a "fish" in the game. So you might have a full ring table with say 5 players, but 2 of them are sitting out, even though they just joined.

This is not conducive for getting new tables going or making the game interesting for recreational players, and this is why, I think, it should be stopped. Its an extreme form of "bum hunting", and poker sites have also taken other measures to stop "bum hunting" like banning seating scripts.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed

Absolutely I think sitting out should be eliminated.

Z

Stay Safe

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think sitting out should work a bit like time banks; the longer you're at the table, the longer you get to come back to your stack.
Lots of people want to play a 4-5hour cash session, but don't want to have to pee in a bottle. Sitting out for a few minutes two or three times in a 5 hour session is reasonable. Joining and instantly sitting out waiting for fish to come along shouls not be allowed.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Played a Freeroll one time (Not CardsChat) I was the only active player at my able everyone else was sitting out.

You never seen a player click the bet button every hand as fast as I did. I stole all the blinds until all the sitting players blinded out and I had all the chips from the table.
Went on to go really deep in the tourney as I had a huge stack the rest of the way.:)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think sitting out should work a bit like time banks; the longer you're at the table, the longer you get to come back to your stack.
Lots of people want to play a 4-5hour cash session, but don't want to have to pee in a bottle. Sitting out for a few minutes two or three times in a 5 hour session is reasonable. Joining and instantly sitting out waiting for fish to come along shouls not be allowed.

Exactly :congrats:

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people have a right to do whatever they wish...within the rules. If they want to sit out and forfeit their blinds during a tourney that's cool with me.

A cash game is different...normally they are given 3 rounds?? before being booted from the table...yes..?? It pisses me off if i am waiting to get onto a full table...and there is a sitter who has no intention of rejoining the game.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A cash game is different...normally they are given 3 rounds?? before being booted from the table...yes..?? It pisses me off if i am waiting to get onto a full table...and there is a sitter who has no intention of rejoining the game.

At least poker sites could start by booting players, who dont reload after getting felted instead of letting them occupy a seat for 3 rounds. Its very easy to implement, since poker sites use the feature already in MTTs with reentry. In those events a broke player is given like 10 seconds to decide, if he wants to reenter or be removed. Why not give cash players the same choise rather than putting them in sit-out mode?

Top 10 Games