Sitting out ,do you try to steal chips ?

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you see a player sitting out in the big blind do you try to steal his chips by bluffing?

Last edited by a moderator:
oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 72off a lot and it wins more than it loses,and i will play it out of position no problem.Im fairly sure that should answer your question . gl at the tables,see u there.:rolleyes:

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Why not ... although in 888 people sitting out can taks your chips instead lol :rolleyes:

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
of course you go to collect the dead money but you have to watch the table dynamics first so you dont end up folding to resteals too much or calling monsters with weaker hands you have to be careful and try to steal safely )

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummmmmm absolutely ?? but yes just a min raise in case they are lurking :p

akran75

akran75

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no,I will play with them...realy,,

the question goes beyond logic.
If you want to get ahead in poker, you'll have to improve the logic a bit

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am on spin&go, I obviously steal their money, but if I am in a normal tournament, and lets I am a SB, I would fold if I don't have good hand, too many people before me want to steal his money too :D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course. If it folds to me in SB, its free chips, and it would be incredibly naive to not take them. If there are other players left to act after me, or who have already entered the pot, its essentially like an extra ante, and ranges can be widened somewhat.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you see a player sitting out in the big blind do you try to steal his chips by bluffing?

If someone sitting out at BB and i am at SB and no one entered the pot then i have every right to claim the pot.
I am active but he is not, and who do you think is entitled to have the pot? I don't consider it as stealing. It is the situation which pays off in my favor.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you don’t steal, you will look like an idiot.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

with a balloon to the moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes i try to steal those blinds. Sometimes i am a bit more carefull because there are other, aggressive opponents at the table who try to resteal. You need to observe very good the situation otherwise you might loose all your chips unnecessary.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, but I'd rather do it when I'm at Small Blind and the players folds... it's more safe.

quartz

quartz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In some rare cases you want to fold to a shortstack sitout on the bubble when there are multiple comparable shorties so you can keep raising them as they'll continue to play overly tight before the bubble bursts. There's a 2+2 thread on the subject somewhere

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I regret not sitting out like always. Especially when i had enough chips to get ITM.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
I always make a call when a person is afk :D Free chips, why not?

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,of course I steal the blind.Who is gonna check or fold it? Free chips are always welcome.

Gringo5521

Gringo5521

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Of course I did it. After all, it's logical. Otherwise, it’s the same as playing hockey when an opponent misses the puck, and instead of picking up the puck you give it to your opponent, saying "Try again." :D

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the perfect spot to pick up a premium hand from late position and 3 bet for value disguised as a steal. I find that lower stakes players adjust raising and continuing ranges way too widely when a player is sitting out.

L

lowscore23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you ever try to steal a blind and the person sitting out is suddenly back in with a huge hand. I swear some players use the sit out as a slow play strategy

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really only worthwhile if you are button/cutoff. Maybe HJ if button and cutoff are asleep at the wheel. Be a little more aggressive, but you can't just try to steal with ATC unless you have position; so this circumstance shouldn't really be a big part of your strategy.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have no idea about the opponent in the big blind, there is no point in taking risks. The loss of the small blind is immaterial. You can call and focus on the flop.

Poker Chips - History of Chips