Sit & go, did I play this good?

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should have done the same if I was in your position! So yes, you did the right thing in my eyes.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You won when things could have turned around for the other person.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop ok. I would have checked raised after the flop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can see, this is your first post, so welcome to CC forum. For your information there is a sub-forum for hand reviews like this. Please post there next time :)

On to your hand. You started with a very short stack, and its somewhat close, what you want to do with a hand like T6s in that situation facing a min-raise from the big blind. What you did is called a stop-and-go play. You just called preflop and then essentially want all in on the flop, when you connected.

I think, thats a fine way to play the hand, but I would suggest to move all in on the flop rather than leave yourself a meaningless amount of chips behind. Just simply push and be done. If they both fold, thats a great result, and if someone calls, then you just rool the dice. Even if you are behind, you have lots of equity with top pair and a draw.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can see, this is your first post, so welcome to CC forum. For your information there is a sub-forum for hand reviews like this. Please post there next time :)

On to your hand. You started with a very short stack, and its somewhat close, what you want to do with a hand like T6s in that situation facing a min-raise from the big blind. What you did is called a stop-and-go play. You just called preflop and then essentially want all in on the flop, when you connected.

I think, thats a fine way to play the hand, but I would suggest to move all in on the flop rather than leave yourself a meaningless amount of chips behind. Just simply push and be done. If they both fold, thats a great result, and if someone calls, then you just rool the dice. Even if you are behind, you have lots of equity with top pair and a draw.

I agree with this alot, the only difference in my style of play is for me this would've been a check/shove -- we have way too much equity in this hand to fold when we are this shallow stacked. Leading wins us the pot outright alot, but player pool tendencies are to over cbet and so we make more money when we check raise these spots in general.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps it is the best move to make. You hit the top pair and since you are the first to act, you bet not to give other players a free card.
And even if one of them has an over pair and calls the bet your hand has approximately a 50% chance of winning.