KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Short Deck Poker

seems Short Deck Poker is becoming more and more popular
i just played a tournament in that first time ever... its hard cause without 5,4,3,2 cards easy over value your hand...
and rule changes...
A flush beats a full house & Three of a kind beat a straight

i did pretty good for first time came 5th... anyone have experience in this variant?
any strategy suggestions?

:wink:

E

edijs126

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
seems Short Deck Poker is becoming more and more popular
i just played a tournament in that first time ever... its hard cause without 5,4,3,2 cards easy over value your hand...
and rule changes...
A flush beats a full house & Three of a kind beat a straight

i did pretty good for first time came 5th... anyone have experience in this variant?
any strategy suggestions?

:wink:

Hi, I have no experience, but I watched a stream of Lex and he played there, the game is fun but sometimes it is difficult to switch from simple hold'em. Good luck and get 1 place.

:D:D:D:D

T

timz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
short deck

i have played alot at acr just typed a long replie but it said to short so here it goes pocket pairs best if u dont flop dont play hands will be better than normal

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played in it. I did not like. I prefer the classic version.

FerC182

FerC182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like this version, I'm more the original, but sometimes I like to play PLo. Of course I do not get well and I fall fast. :D

T

timz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6+

ya i just whent back to play reg holdem cause no one playing 6+ forgot how much i didnt like reg short deck much better:damnmate:

T

timz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6+

ok i post alot to this thred and i checked out all pro info on the sub here what 10.000 hands tells me pocket pairs still best but only if u hit set AA will loose to straight or just 2 pair more than reg holdem but still good about 65 percent suited cards are 20%bet i only play if i would not suited flush is great hand but anything can happen in this game seen Ahigh flush loose to straight flush straight easy to get bet light becase set beats that all hands r easy i got 3 royals allready i dont play J6 Q6 J7 Q7K8 K7 K6 AS MOST TIME 2 PAIR NOT VERY STRONG and if both cards dont play u loose 70%of time in straight for sure but plz come give it a try more playable hand u can still bluf steal pots just more player flop action:cool::damnmate:

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi thanks comments
i played Short Deck again on 64Spades and actually won money came in 2nd!!! woot woot
in a way i like it cause in reg NLH i play pretty tight so i fold all the time and its boring... with short deck seems you get playable hands a lot

doubt any of my software or huds would work proper?

D

DGautreau86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do preflop equities run tighter like in Omaha?

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not know this variant of poker. I prefer the traditional hahaha. Good luck in your games.

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For strategy - definitely play more hands, AA isnt that strong like in "normal" holdem

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Short deck seems to be a very very aggressive form of poker. Obviously I see why the game is popular with the high stakes players. Definitely a gamble more game due to the fact that you get more good cards.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, when I was dead, it seemed interesting. Then i tried it, but I didn't really like it. I would be more happy with similar changes to Omaha, Stud or Draw. Why always holdem?

T

trixxxter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have only played a handful of times, but not a big fan

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had someone stake me in my 1st short deck tourney on 64spades last night. he gave me enough for buy-in plus add on. I took 4th for $64.90. He turned his $11 investment and turned it into $35. He cashed too but for under $20.:D:D

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I've never played poker short deck but a lot of friends told me that it's fun, that has a lot of action.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had someone stake me in my 1st short deck tourney on 64spades last night. he gave me enough for buy-in plus add on. I took 4th for $64.90. He turned his $11 investment and turned it into $35. He cashed too but for under $20.:D:D

Where do you play tournaments for 6+ (short deck)? At pokerstars, I only see the cash tables in this format.

And yes, it's fun! :icon_sant

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Short deck is OK on coin poker, a bit of the ALL in club tbh. far to many hands to work out where you stand and what you should call with.

interesting if your winning, bad beats galore

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Love Short Deck!! Lately Short deck and PLO have been my way to make back all the cash i'm losing in regular holdem lol

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never played short deck,but i heard its soo fun,must try short deck poker... :D

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is pretty fun but it takes a bit to get used to. I think its like PLO in that you need strong hands, usually at least 2 pair or more otherwise your hand isn't good.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips

I am happy for you , congratulations .

Short deck for the time being for me is sth not to try yet . I have witnessed some crazy cash game short deck hands , because players like me didn't quite knew or understood fully the ierarchy of cards and strategy of the game . A hand for ex that sb went all in with 4 of a kind (if I remember correct ) only to be called by A9s diamonds , I didn't know at first why he won-he had just a flush Ace high beating full houses according to the short deck rules and lower hands but not 4 of a kind :D ,
Ace is the low, is that correct , maybe it was a staight flush A6789??:confused:, that I thought kinda much later :(

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am happy for you , congratulations .

Short deck for the time being for me is sth not to try yet . I have witnessed some crazy cash game short deck hands , because players like me didn't quite knew or understood fully the ierarchy of cards and strategy of the game . A hand for ex that sb went all in with 4 of a kind (if I remember correct ) only to be called by A9s diamonds , I didn't know at first why he won-he had just a flush Ace high beating full houses according to the short deck rules and lower hands but not 4 of a kind :D ,
Ace is the low, is that correct , maybe it was a staight flush A6789??:confused:, that I thought kinda much later :(
I believe 4 of a kind is best then flush beats a boat and trips beat a straight. Keep all that straight and you will be ok!!:D:D

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I do not like the short deck. I used to play with a full deck. Although it may need to play more than a few times to like it. Maybe later...

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
That's interesting, I never tried to play short deck before but now Youve made me curious :D