Scheduling your poker and change of plans

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many out there have found that they have cancelled appointments, changed plans or called in sick just to play in a tournament that you've been waiting for? Do you tend to schedule events and such around the times of tournament plays to not disrupt your poker life? Just curious?

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've either cancelled dates or had a girl come over and watch to play which is prob why im single

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If the tournament is very important for me, then I will cancel all meetings. If the meeting cannot be canceled, I cancel registration in the tournament.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If I have the entire day free, I play as much tourneys as I can get ( two tables at once).
But if I have any thing to do that I cannot postpone, I choose the ones accordingly to fit on my schedule.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, who plays professionally and he lives with poker planning your playing session.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I change my schedule to play also :) there are times when I can't reschedule but I try not to have those :p

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I am using the SS want to get into the club and play a lot of freerolls, I do not have a financial reserve, but I'm a workaholic, which sometimes achieves something positive

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if you final table unexpectedly just tell them you have a really bad gastro. Then they will offer themselves to postpone.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying not to mix real life with poker, it is not my everything, just a hobby. So never faced with such problems...

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I told myself I wouldn't cancel plans with friends or family just to play poker, especially freerolls, but it really stings to put an hour and a half of effort into a Cardschat freeroll just to have to leave it midway.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Yes I tend to take my planned annual vacation around SCOOP and WCOOP.

Mon-Fri I have an evening routine it is centres around poker. Get home play CC stars freeroll and about 4 tourneys. Then from 6-8 I refuel my tank and do what I need to get done for the day tomorrow. From 8 I play around 6 tourneys whenever I bust them I go to bed.

From Friday night to Sunday midday it is me/family/chores time. Poker has zero priority I play only if I am bored or want to kill some time.

[Please do not do same as I do in next 3 lines]
I have played to day break some times and just went to work as normal with no sleep.
I have in the past start tourney from work on my mobile late in the day when I finished work and just waiting for last 5 mins on clock to past.
Also I can comfortably 2 table and drive it beats sitting in traffic doing nothing.

While I have a routine based around Poker. Real life always takes priority. There is always a next tournament or a next game that I can play. I have sat out and blinded away many big tourney when something comes up.

Only today I was close to chip lead in a $1.10 satellite to Storm I was very comfortable and family came to visit me I sat out 40 mins. When I came back on tourney I had 5 blinds and ended up 3 places short of itm.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing only evenings when i have free time. But when im going to play in a big tournament im telling that to my wife and friends. Playing poker not collide with my work.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I do not play in big MTT, at least for the moment. My tournaments last no more than 3 hours and I am calm about my plans for the day. Whenever possible I try to plan playing time. When I first started playing poker I was given a ticket to an expensive tournament for new players. I waited for this event for 2 weeks, and when the day of the game approached, my friends called me and invited me to a picnic. I had to forget about poker on this day.

mad_bad

mad_bad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have my favorites games tab on stars, than I have scheduled all mi mtt and stg games

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played poker in tournaments when my schedule was empty time, so nothing bothered me playing poker.

U

Umka1986

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play only when possible, when the game does not interfere with the flow of life, because the game is a game, and life is life.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker every day but I do not miss appointments or work for it. I play after work to relax as poker is my hobby but I don't miss something important like work for online poker even though there are times I wish I could play a tourney that work interferes with such as the cardschat freerolls scheduled while I'm at work.

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every evening i canceling all plans aimed at me by the outside world (except of very very important for me) in order to play freerolls :)

Last edited: