Same player using two usernames

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing online yesterday and I started to see a pattern develop between two players at the table, I scrolled over their name and it showed me they're from the same country which really doesn't prove anything because at this site you see a lot of foreign players. It was just interesting to me that these two were from the same place, anyway as the game went on I noticed they had a lot of heads up play and every hand one of them folded to the other I'm thinking that's strange one of them never had a hand to play. As the game continued at no time did both of them particpate in a single hand it was one or the other. Could this just be a coincidence? maybe or was this a situation of one player scamming the game?

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's seems against the rules, you can take a screenshot and send to the poker room, they can identify a proximity of the players, collusion or anything else against the rules, and they can ban these players.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Feels like collusion. It happens a lot in minstakes. Just change the table next time.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's seems against the rules, you can take a screenshot and send to the poker room, they can identify a proximity of the players, collusion or anything else against the rules, and they can ban these players.

Yep, it was a free entry game and playing for a ticket to a .30 step game wasn't worth the hassell to contact the site. If someone wants to cheat for a chance to play in a .30 game it's pretty pathetic

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
was it a cash game?

is it a site that doesn't allow player-to-player cash transfers? they could just be sending each other funds to play.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For what you said, it looks like a case of collusion. If you want to do something about the matter, you need to save the hands and send to the poker room support so they can investigate and find out if there is any irregularity between the players.

DanyDiablo

DanyDiablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has happened to me ..... in tournaments I avoid getting into each other's hands since they play as a team. If it's a cash table, I get up, give them a little kiss and go. Good hands.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is so stupid and unfair for the others . Before playing you agree the policy and terms of the site and must follow the rules.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If this happened in a freeroll, its pretty unlikely, that someone has gone through the hassle of setting up multible accounts. More likely it was a case of collusion, where two players, perhaps friends or poker buddies, decided to work together as a "team". This is very easy to carry out online, because players can easily communicate via phone or chat (outside the poker room of course), if they are not sitting in the same room.

It is against the TOS of any poker site, but I agree with you, that since it was a freeroll, it was not really worth wasting the time of site security of this. It was likely two recreational players (beginners), and if you are a serious player, it is probably better for you in the long run, that they continue to play rather than getting scared off, because their accounts are banned for something as silly as this. Its different, if it happened in a tournament for real money like even just a few dollars. Then I would certainly report it, because it need to be stopped.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed in one of the twitch sponsored freerolls hosted on ACR there were two registrants who had the EXACT same name except one of them had a number 1 on the end of the name.
What I found so odd about it was the two names were 'possibly' a foreign word, however to my American eyes it just looked like a jumble of letters to me.

I made a screen shot and sent it to customer support asking them to check into it and mentioning - if we are going to stamp out collusion it should be done at all levels, not just high roller events.

Never got a reply - but sent the info on to people who can check on that kind of stuff.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
two registrants who had the EXACT same name except one of them had a number 1 on the end of the name.
What I found so odd about it was the two names were 'possibly' a foreign word, however to my American eyes it just looked like a jumble of letters to me.

I made a screen shot and sent it to customer support asking them to check into it and mentioning - if we are going to stamp out collusion it should be done at all levels, not just high roller events.

Never got a reply - but sent the info on to people who can check on that kind of stuff.

Well if it was the same person on two accounts that were spelled EXACTLY the same they'd have to be just about the stupidest cheater in the history of online poker. (ducy?)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I was playing online yesterday and I started to see a pattern develop between two players at the table, I scrolled over their name and it showed me they're from the same country which really doesn't prove anything because at this site you see a lot of foreign players. It was just interesting to me that these two were from the same place, anyway as the game went on I noticed they had a lot of heads up play and every hand one of them folded to the other I'm thinking that's strange one of them never had a hand to play. As the game continued at no time did both of them particpate in a single hand it was one or the other. Could this just be a coincidence? maybe or was this a situation of one player scamming the game?
You have to watch out fer dem darn foreigners.

:bandit:
Well if it was the same person on two accounts that were spelled EXACTLY the same they'd have to be just about the stupidest cheater in the history of online poker. (ducy?)
Probably just someone using two skins to play in the same freeroll, you see it all the time.

:top:

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Probably just someone using two skins to play in the same freeroll, you see it all the time.

Yeah that was my thought as well Zorba. One black chip and the other ACR. I also have a second WPN name - because at the time of registering for alternative sites - I had no clue BCP and ACR were the same network.

However - that is a form of dishonest play, if 2 playing on multiple skins, or possibly cousins playing the same event on the same couch.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Yeah that was my thought as well Zorba. One black chip and the other ACR. I also have a second WPN name - because at the time of registering for alternative sites - I had no clue BCP and ACR were the same network.

However - that is a form of dishonest play, if 2 playing on multiple skins, or possibly cousins playing the same event on the same couch.
Many people do it, you see it all the time, I must admit I have done it in the past in the crazy OD freerolls they have just passing time, I got an email from ACR to stop doing it, I haven't done it since.

WPN will act on it if you inform them.

I opened both BCP and ACR accounts when CC started games there using the CC links just to support CC, I used to mainly play on BCP as I found I was luckier there, I now play a bit on ACR, it throws those with HUDs off a little. :D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

LOL

yah... I didn't even consider that.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, some people didn't know at the time that ACR and BCP is the same site and probably made 2 different accounts but still this is against rules I assume.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, it was a free entry game and playing for a ticket to a .30 step game wasn't worth the hassell to contact the site. If someone wants to cheat for a chance to play in a .30 game it's pretty pathetic

It wasn’t worth the hassle to contact the site yet you took the time to make a thread here?
Cheating is cheating. If this player is willing to cheat at .30 than you can bet they will at any level. If players were diligent when they see wrong doing the game would be better for all. Please do not tolerate cheating.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, some people didn't know at the time that ACR and BCP is the same site and probably made 2 different accounts but still this is against rules I assume.

Hey krister - just to confirm and share - from my understanding of the ToC it is not against the rules to have multiple accounts. It IS against the rules to play them simultaneously in the same event. There are other elements related to this topic in the Terms of Service that can be researched.

M

Maggio_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So it seems like this is pretty much common?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, for such violations without consequences, you need to have an extra Internet. It doesn't pay off in terms of cost.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like collusion. Global Poker has a lot of this in the sngs.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Many skins using same network. How do you know it is the same user with different name?

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's against the rules. One day, long ago, I decided to create another account, another e-mail address, another nickname, but could not play both accounts at the same time at the same device. So tried to do it in different devices simultaneously soon I was detected and have had both accounts blocked. It was very hard to comeback again to this poker room. I spent many days sending e-mails explaining, receiving directions etc, etc, also had to send some documents. I nearly gave up but, fortunately, came back to play again. Advice: don't try it.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you suspect of collusion or any type of rules breaking, you must report it with all the evidence you have (EG: screen captures) via our Security Form https://www.americascardroom.eu/security-form/ for our Game Integrity department to review it, doesn't matter if it is on high stakes or in a freeroll.

That said, we need to emphasize about the fact that similar names aren't a proof of collusion by itself. Also, that it is technically impossible to have 2 skins open at the same time. :

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

It was that when I started I had two names too. But just so I can start in the women's competitions as well. :( That was about 18 years ago. It might not be a nice thing. I wouldn't think of it since.

Szyilard