Report for RTA? Or Am I Being Paranoid?

S

sundizzel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I sharkscope players I encounter regularly to see what their stats are like. In this instance (image attached), it seems that this person was a losing player for months, and in the past week, they have managed a 1st place, four 3rd places, and a 24/1408 (not to mention two 1/3 places in some jackpots), going from a bankroll of -$152 to a profit of over $1,000 in one week... The graph starts in June of 2020, and they only went down until December 24th, at which point they seem to have learned how to win.

I have never actually entertained the idea of reporting someone to the poker room, but these results are extremely suspicious to me at best. I would guess he started using a solver for real-time assistance.

So, do you guys think I am being paranoid, and he has simply been a luckbox for the last week? Or should I go ahead and report to the poker room?

Attachments

• Suspicious Stats.JPG
    Suspicious Stats.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 34
C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For one thing, he could have decided to start studying, so this could be part of his ability to turn it around. Some people are getting a feel for online and then they do. It could also be that they had a low point. This also happens quite a bit. You are reading too much into the situation for such a small period. I have periods where I do not even win once in any game. I also go through and clean up for long periods. It is all about timing.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a feeling that this person has been replaced. This is a very strange schedule. I wouldn't want to run into him after December in the new year.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
sundizzel - yes, it does look strikingly odd.

That said such things can be handled diplomatically. Explain to the site as you have done to this forum. You have suspicions but could be wrong, however, here's the SharkScope chart and thought it might be worth bringing to their attention.

I'll bet you get a thanks from tech support regardless of the outcome - they cannot stay on top of every player (contrary to what some sites are now claiming). If the player is innocent and has just upped their game 'no harm no foul'. But it does look decidedly off.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I SharkScope players I encounter regularly to see what their stats are like. In this instance (image attached), it seems that this person was a losing player for months, and in the past week, they have managed a 1st place, four 3rd places, and a 24/1408 (not to mention two 1/3 places in some jackpots), going from a bankroll of -$152 to a profit of over $1,000 in one week... The graph starts in June of 2020, and they only went down until December 24th, at which point they seem to have learned how to win.

I have never actually entertained the idea of reporting someone to the poker room, but these results are extremely suspicious to me at best. I would guess he started using a solver for real-time assistance.

So, do you guys think I am being paranoid, and he has simply been a luckbox for the last week? Or should I go ahead and report to the poker room?

There are a lot of reasons that this player could have these stats. Maybe they were only playing a little bit before and started playing a lot more and ran well, maybe it was a little patch of variance where they were just hitting everything, maybe the person was tired of losing and put in some serious study and improved, or maybe this is a winning player that just came out of a downswing. I think your sample size is too small to tell and frankly. I would not put too much faith in SharkScope. Look at your own name and see how accurate it is. I know I have done the same and it is not accurate for me.