pro player who took a break and now became noob :(

N

nightstalkerk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I use to play poker but when usa ban online poker i had to stop. now i come back and the game is sooo much harder. I wonder if any of u feel the same way. i dont know how i can be net positive. hope for some guidance thank you!

Q

Quarkwest

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really miss the american players hopefully some day they will return. Welcome back tho, what site are you playing.on?

M

Maximillianvalue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it got so much harder didn’t it. You just need to study study and drop a stake and work back to the high level

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just persevere. There is still a lot of money to be made, just focus in learning and you will progress.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I use to play poker but when usa ban online poker i had to stop. now i come back and the game is sooo much harder. I wonder if any of u feel the same way. i dont know how i can be net positive. hope for some guidance thank you!

Welcome back nightstalkerk!

It can certainly be a challenging return and a scary idea to come into games that have become 'much tougher'. The reality though, is that while people have a better sense of the proper ranges to use, best bet sizes, and all that good stuff... there are still plenty of players who don't.

Game selection is an always will be your best friend in having the fastest and most profitable return to the online poker tables. If you were able to win before you'll certainly be able to win again, it's rally just a matter of getting back in the rhythm, shaking the rust off, learning how to identify good spots again and becoming comfortable pulling the trigger again.

Also fortunately there is a wealth of information at your fingertips. Investing a few hours and maybe a few $$$ will yield a great return on investment!

Here's a Free Playlist to get your fundamentals back in order http://gripsed.com/free
(For slightly more depth check out the links in my signature)

If you want a great crash course on cash games this one from run it once is great ($50)

If you're more into tournaments then Ryan Laplante's course & site are the nuts ($35/mo)

And if you're looking for something a bit more advanced (but a bit more expensive) check out http://pokercoachingoffer.com

I've been thru this process many times, I find it takes a couple of weeks to start getting comfortable again. The most important thing I've found though is to not psyche myself out. When I think everyone is so much better now I feel like I have to overcompensate and put in 100s of hours studying which only causes fatigue and stress.

Relax, enjoy the game, remind yourself you know what you're doing. If you need a little brush up invest some time in those courses above, but also just focus on playing, getting back into rhythm, becoming comfortable again on the tables and it will come back. I promise!

Good luck & Happy stackin my friend,
Hope you find this post helpful :deal:

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just realized, that more i play, worst i get in poker. I believe zoom poker made me play so bad, coz i play there a lot and it's very different game from regular poker.
For example in zoom if u get 4bet with QQ or AK u always behind or fliping, when u get 3bet on the turn, u always facing set, str8, or flash and so on...

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really miss the american players hopefully some day they will return. Welcome back tho, what site are you playing.on?
Come on over to ACR - were all here ready and waiting to play people who sterotype other players based on where they are located on the globe.

I just realized, that more i play, worst i get in poker. I believe zoom poker made me play so bad, coz i play there a lot and it's very different game from regular poker.
For example in zoom if u get 4bet with QQ or AK u always behind or fliping, when u get 3bet on the turn, u always facing set, str8, or flash and so on...
So your saying everyone is a nit and plays straight up, no bluffing. Sounds like a field of players who forgot about a major part of the game.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah.... the good old days, when thousands of fresh fish joined daily and thought that reading one blog post titled "How to Win at Poker" would make them the next Chris Moneymaker...
It has become more competetive, or better it has returned to being more competetive.
But you are in a good place to refresh your skills here on CC !
Did you take the 30 day poker course here? It is a great starting point to get yourself equipped with the strategies you need today.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same here I stopped playing about 10 years ago, and I also find the games too hard to beat, or is it me who is too rusty. Dont know, will find out a year from now

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all things must pass...change...evolve...

adopt...adapt...improve...

GTO

good luck.