Previous thread about Algorithm...insight?

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello my fellow Card Chat associates.

So I read a post a couple days ago...something about how all online poker and maybe gambling in general is controlled by an algorithm......something about how the system basically favors players based on how much they can “Rake” and how the person writing the post witnessed it first hand after he did something he was loosing massive pots to villains who were basically being given “nut hands” and favorable flop/turn/and especially river cards.

So, I feel like over the years I see it more and more evident in my experience. It mainly happens after I make a withdraw. I made a $50 out of $83 dollar withdraw and went to work with the remaining $33

I have three of a kind on the flop and I go all In with $10. The villain had KK and a K comes out on the river.

In another hand Q, A, K on the flop. I have AK and I go all in with the villain who has K, 10 and a J comes out on the river.

Before the withdraw, I enter a buy-in of $12 and with-in 10 minutes I’m at $13, $14, $17, $24. After the withdraw if I enter with another $12..............I don’t make it past $12.01!

For all those that believe this.....what would you recommend? I usually withdraw for extra stuff like more groceries, more gas. I don’t need it, it’s just extra. Should I stop withdrawing? Is there a moment where I shouldn’t play for a period of time in hopes the algorithm may turn in my favor?

Please help?

Last edited:
carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This "scam" would be very subtle and difficult to prove, since the house could always adduce randomly in the dealing of cards, and it would be necessary to know the algorithm or have a database with millions of hands played, to be able to reliably demonstrate the "badness" of an algorithm that yields significant values ​​of variance.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also heard this saying, if you withdraw money from the poker room account online, you will lose more often, and lose in incredible hands.
But I don't believe it, everyone who plays poker for a long time understands that there are periods of time when you win and when you don't, it happens that you lose for two months.