Pre-flop range on 25¢ 45 man SNG

L

lonenlynobita

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been surveying about 25¢ 45 man SNG at pokerstars and boy I am surprised.

I have been trying to tally the table's VVIP based on their position on the first two levels. In the tally, I came with the following conclusion:
  • Players are actually loser from the early position (UTG, +1, +2) or the big blinds while the cutoff and the dealers are actually tighter? My tally says that one of the cutoffs or the button joins the hand 15% of the time. That means they have an opening range of 9%. That is rather a nit.
  • In my tally, around 37.5% of hands is called by at least one of the blind. Which means that the blinds open with a 21% of hands
Will anybody confirms this observation? I mean, it probably makes senses. With the 45 man structure is really quick, I imagine the players from the early position have to open with a wider range, the button and the cutoff gives credit for the early raise thus the button and cutoff to play tighter, but 21% defending range seems rather loose when the opener is from the early position, so I am not confident with my tally.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
25¢ 45-man structure quick? They are not turbo... Plenty of time to play tight strong poker no matter what position you're in when it starts.