Poker Tracking Software: How It Can Be Misleading

T

tribalbeast

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi guys & gals , new to the forum thought id lay down my first post.

I'm a long time poker player but only recently have I become a winning player. I got tired of losing and began studying strategy, specifically MTTs and more often than not i find myself in the final 3 tables. (micro/low) (180-1000 player fields).

Anyway the point of the post is just the other day deep in a tourney I took quite a large sum of chips from the tables chip lead, the hand was played well by both of us but i came out on top.

The player then began attacking me in the chat which is not uncommon. However one thing he said did grab my attention. "no wonder you've been a losing player for x amount of years and have x amount of ROI.

So obviously we all know these softwares exist but what my question is how much faith can we really put in these softwares. I'm no longer a bad player but on paper I am. Is this a disadvantage for the player using these tools against me? Or more importantly .. Is this an advantage for me?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's good and bad, depending on who is playing against you. Players who read this stat may interpret you as someone who plays trashy cards and makes loose plays, so they may be more likely to overbet against you and at the same time also not respect the hands that you may be playing against them. Your bluffs may be less likely to work.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those types of databases are probably useful for high stakes pros, but useless for the 95% of us who are recreational and/or low stakes.

E

eutot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They can be misleading when player constantly changes style, but also useful to spot fish..

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your opponent. You should use the software but also observe by yourself.