Poker is for single people or submissive

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have neither at the moment so I’m out. I happen to have a spouse that’s extremely needy so I’ve never had a peaceful session of poker. Add to that I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old who fight for my attention. I play poker on my phone and I imagine the people I’m playing in their quiet rooms with a computer sitting down peacefully and focused while I have my 2 sons and wife in my ear while I’m washing dishes, cooking or cleaning.... and then I wonder why I can’t win a tournament or a cash game or a spin and go.

Last edited:
hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hear you got 7 year old and 2 year old sons,Spouse dogs cats just about every other religious cult or salesman calling to the door in the middle of a hand.
Your not alone stay strong.:hahaha::dito:

mafioso777

mafioso777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have neither at the moment so I’m out. I happen to have a spouse that’s extremely needy so I’ve never had a peaceful session of poker. Add to that I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old who fight for my attention. I play poker on my phone and I imagine the people I’m playing in their quiet rooms with a computer sitting down peacefully and focused while I have my 2 sons and wife in my ear while I’m washing dishes, cooking or cleaning.... and then I wonder why I can’t win a tournament or a cash game or a spin and go.
the main patience and victory you will have in your pocket

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you

the main patience and victory you will have in your pocket

Thank you for supporting my decision. :) Maybe one day I’ll come back. I have to recognize this is not the time.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thinking about this, I do not really feel so bad, since I have much more freedom than you but much more bad luck. At least I'm on downswing in peace

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a 2 and 4 yr old and a wife who "needs" me,i'm not looking forward to the day they don't,,,, ;)

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think not worth sit at the poker, if you currently have a third-party cases that need your attention. It will disturb you. I guess you don't get any pleasure from the game. I play poker only when I have a free 4-6 hours. :eek:

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm married and play poker every other day. In between I spend time w/my wife and little dog; it seems to work out. When I do play I go into a different part of the house and put on some head-phones and jam my way to a final table. If I smell smoke I stop; that's only happened once.

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker must be unity, emotion and fun, for me it was never a problem, of course I'm not a professional but my wife plays with me, we learn together, it's really cool. I have a son too, he keeps piling up the tiles to build the building. :)

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You can manage it if you love what your doing. I raised two kids built a big business, played tournament pool all over the U.S.A. Coached soccer and baseball and still managed to play poker with the best. Im now retired with a great wife and 5 grandkids and still play poker daily. Just hope you don't need lots of sleep. lol

B

blessmeavraam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on enemy's game style i guess, but actually KK preflop is perma All-In :)

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a great wife and 4 grandkids and play poker most days.:):):)

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear you got 7 year old and 2 year old sons,Spouse dogs cats just about every other religious cult or salesman calling to the door in the middle of a hand.
Your not alone stay strong.:hahaha::dito:

:cheers: haha same here

Distort99

Distort99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's sound like to me that you guys have already won. Feel sorry for us poker players who are in quiet rooms. It can very lonely.

this is one of the truest posts ive seen. i have a wife, 2 dogs, 7 year old daughter, and a 6 month old daughter. my wife is pretty understanding of my poker playing now. at first she was getting pretty upset but with good reason, i wasnt winning very much. now that i have turned my game around she is alot more forgiving about all the time i spend on the computer. keep your head up though and eventually it will be your time to come back to the game. sometimes there are just more important things in life then some poker. as kdawg said though, your the true winner here it sounds like.

kddy

kddy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a lifestyle, of course when you take it professionally

P

Pillivey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad to read this

Sounds like poker Wasn't on your mind when you made those children . Kiss all of your poker dreams goodbye then add one more kid to the mix . Would love to play vs you ms.doubtfire 😘

Distort99

Distort99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like poker Wasn't on your mind when you made those children . Kiss all of your poker dreams goodbye then add one more kid to the mix . Would love to play vs you ms.doubtfire 😘

lmao true:2in1:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Why are your kids fighting for your attention, are you giving them enough attention.

:hmmmm:

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are your kids fighting for your attention, are you giving them enough attention.

:hmmmm:

Let's not go there - I have seen kids who get plenty of attention from their parents drive them crazy and not allow them any time to do anything else at all that doesn't have something to do with them.

From an unbiased non-parent - most kids can be extremely selfish.

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
find shorter tournys

I played in a few tournaments lately where they end within a couple hours. Even the $100 free rolls at ACR usually only take about 3 hours, so it's like sitting down for a good movie, or playin a round of golf. Hopefully you can find an "in between" to manage your time. Peace and enjoy being able to have a family...there are some who would give up Poker completely if they had something "else" to focus their energies on.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it is very difficult to have everything and it is also very difficult to get away from some cliché: luck in love, bad luck in the game .... lol ..... and in this case it seems that you can not even play ... but I also see that the things of our lives are cyclical and most of the time they tend to happen according to how we lead them .... good luck ......, now I have to go, my wife me calls and my dogs do not stop beating .... must be my children with my grandchildren who are at the gate.

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great! Good for you!

I'm married and play poker every other day. In between I spend time w/my wife and little dog; it seems to work out. When I do play I go into a different part of the house and put on some head-phones and jam my way to a final table. If I smell smoke I stop; that's only happened once.

When you have kids, that sh*t will change. Good Luck!

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think poker is for those who love it and have free time.