Poker online seems rigged, what do u think ?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it seems like it sometimes,but no.:cool:

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NO rigged at all. It's just the RNG and in long terms you'll see they balance in some way

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rigged is not the exactly word, but you will receive so much you will deposit. That is the recipe. The software will give that amount of cash regarding the rake you are doing for them. If you think that you will earn more than you will deposit, you are thinking wrong and that will never happen. Or if you earn a lit bit more that will not affect the corresponding software when you are playing. Everything is calculated.

I can give you example of mine last two weeks - I cashed every MTT tournaments I have played last week and earned a lot of money and with my last one there was a big cash-in. Simply, that is impossible, but the software gave me that opportunity due to the rake I am doing for them from the last months. Due to the fact I did not withdraw this amount of money, I decided to continue playing. And the last week, I entered around 20 MTT - I will not comment the fact I did not cash that is normal, but I did not win a single hand - that is impossible, but normal due to the circumstances above I mentioned, because the software at some point must gave back some of the money for them. And now from today they are starting to give me again some kind of money and I cashed-in in one tournament.

I am totally agree with the comment of the person from number 3. He is telling the truth in only one sentence. In conclusion, if you want to be 100% sure that everything is not rigged, you can see that if only you are giving the cards.:D:D I have played thousands hands live with different kind of people for fun/money and there were never hands as everyone have been involved in the online software.

G

greenman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rigged

i dont think rigged is right word . Butt i can say get a tracker and go from there . really how random can a program appear .

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gitchka has it spot on in my opinion.

If you have not made a deposit at a site, don't expect to win millions.
If you withdraw money, expect a losing streak until you have re-deposited all the money you originally won.

The site wants you to keep depositing money, the only way they can do that is if you lose your money, or someone does.

You will get opportunities to win, but I don't think that a person that doesn't promote a site will win a huge tournament.

These are all opinions, and none of us will ever know.

G

greenman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gitchka has it spot on in my opinion.

If you have not made a deposit at a site, don't expect to win millions.
If you withdraw money, expect a losing streak until you have re-deposited all the money you originally won.

The site wants you to keep depositing money, the only way they can do that is if you lose your money, or someone does.

You will get opportunities to win, but I don't think that a person that doesn't promote a site will win a huge tournament.

These are all opinions, and none of us will ever know.

proven is different than knowing . Get a tracker and know what has transpired . Never will you ask this question . New question will be am i that unlucky or this is crap. Data doesn't lie .Get creative with filter formulas blow your mind.Or you will see you just need to work on it. First filter pocket aces AIPF.if your win rate is 50% or less not close to 85%, better think hard . Another favorite is flop made hands of straight or better losing less than 85% better . get a tracker and stop guessing . good luck.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes

Good morning everyone, I don't know if this is the correct definition, but it seems that software most often favors the player with the most chips, I usually watch the replays of the final tables and the player with the most chips is the winner with more hands weak, I play poker 10 hours a day, and I see players with more chips winning with 27% pre flop all the time, all the time.
At a final table, there was a BTN player with Q8s vs BB AJs and Q8s full, and the player with Q8s had more chips, in the vast majority of hands he won with weaker hands, but he had a hand that he lost a lot of chips in. with AKo vs AA, and when he ran out of chips he started to lose with stronger hands vs villains with more chips.
The software is a program to favor those who have more chips for players to be eliminated faster and thus the site profits faster, there is a video of a great site explaining the draw of cards on youtube, but I am not convinced in the least that the site does not interfere with the results.
A proof that the site is programmed to give results and has nothing to do with luck, on the 888poker site, I win every day a spin to spin and win prizes, there are $ 33, $ 16.50, $ 5.50 Mtts tickets, Supertorn, Blast 0.10, a gift, a non-premium option, there are 8 options I spun this spin for more than 30 days and only Superstorn and Blast $ 0.10 come out, the site is giving me equal chances to win the prizes or is it a schedule ?

There is a hand that I will raise from 2x with A9s from UTG and villain with more chips from the UTG 1 call with 85o, flop A x 8, villain makes a shot and wins, the villain was winning all with very weak hands.

Attachments

• A9s vs 85o UTG vs TG 1.jpg
    A9s vs 85o UTG vs TG 1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve already thought about that many times, but in general I trust in the majority of poker rooms. I don’t believe 100% because there were many suspected cases, like Absolute and Ultimate Bet poker for example.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me no, only in some plays in all in, it takes a long time for the cards to come out, and sometimes those with the most chips win, with ridiculous games, which have happened to me.
Ex AA vs 10 7 and comes out 7 8 2 5 10
another example AA vs 37 diamond and it comes out color
and they were not small wells
but I also understand that they are letters and anything can happen
;)

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think many players have this doubt, but I don't believe that it is manipulated, the poker sites are not interested in who wins or loses, but in their commission, more so in microlimits, which is what I play.

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Its poker,not rigged but watch the rake.Only play with bad players and even they win sometimes

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems that software most often favors the player with the most chips

This is an indisputable fact, as well as the fact that distributions on most sites have become somewhat monotonous. All have flushes, straights and full houses. I'm not talking about Omaha at all. Weird and sad changes killing interest in poker.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can say this, online poker is not rigged.

Bad beats happens, Sometime due to the fault of the players. Most players will also talk about there beats but forget they give them as well. You also need to remember that you play way more hands online than live. Last time I played live we played about 25 hands per hour. In the last 4 hours i played online i have averaged 68 per hour.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Rigged?I don’t think so. Of course, when you were bad beaten, it may seem like that. But when you do the same, you don’t think about it.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
what do u mean with juiced?
Juiced means inducing more action by distributing bigger hands and more outs, more often.

I.e. One player flops two pair, another player flops the set and yet another player turns a FH, this kind of thing..

Nuts Vs 2nd nuts..

One player flops a set, another player goes runner runner straight..

One player flops the straight, another goes runner runner FH...

These are all things that happen every now and again in a straight game of course, but in a juiced game they happen far more frequently than probability implies they should.

Personally, I feel like there is something very wrong at Stars... Two and three outers seem to catch there inordinately-often from my perspective.

As others have mentioned you really need to have tracking data to have any leg to stand on..

Without data to support your argument one just sounds like a salty conspiracy theorist who took his first bad beat.

Until recently I've always vehemently defended sites like Stars and insisted it's a straight game but these days, I'm not so sure...

Stars have been involved in their fair share of shadiness in the past, that much I do know.

It's impossible for anyone to know one way or the other, but my feeling is there's something untoward going on at Stars, which is why I removed my BR and stopped playing buy-ins there.

It could quite possibly just be hands-per-hour, confirmation bias and variance but without data it's impossible to argue either way..

Even with data it's difficult to prove anything conclusively either way because of the nature of probability.

Just because a toin coss is 50/50 doesn't mean you can't flip ten heads in a row...

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I sometimes think so, too. But I try not to think about it. The probability of matches is a complicated thing. Poker professionals say that in offline games, too, anything happens in the hands. In general, amazing things happen in life that are also hard to believe. If you think about falsification, what is the point of the game, no fun. If you want to play, it's better not to think about it.

G

greenman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Juiced means inducing more action by distributing bigger hands and more outs, more often.

I.e. One player flops two pair, another player flops the set and yet another player turns a FH, this kind of thing..

Nuts Vs 2nd nuts..

One player flops a set, another player goes runner runner straight..

One player flops the straight, another goes runner runner FH...

These are all things that happen every now and again in a straight game of course, but in a juiced game they happen far more frequently than probability implies they should.

Personally, I feel like there is something very wrong at Stars... Two and three outers seem to catch there inordinately-often from my perspective.

As others have mentioned you really need to have tracking data to have any leg to stand on..

Without data to support your argument one just sounds like a salty conspiracy theorist who took his first bad beat.

Until recently I've always vehemently defended sites like Stars and insisted it's a straight game but these days, I'm not so sure...

Stars have been involved in their fair share of shadiness in the past, that much I do know.

It's impossible for anyone to know one way or the other, but my feeling is there's something untoward going on at Stars, which is why I removed my BR and stopped playing buy-ins there.

It could quite possibly just be hands-per-hour, confirmation bias and variance but without data it's impossible to argue either way..

Even with data it's difficult to prove anything conclusively either way because of the nature of probability.

Just because a toin coss is 50/50 doesn't mean you can't flip ten heads in a row...

Its important to stress collecting data for many reasons. Self reflection the main reason . I was tired of traveling to play weekly. My Roi was decent but wanted that comfort from home. Right away online I noticed how common people got hands you cant fold in good poker. Tired of reading many hands and faster play and my favorite is online players are stronger . My Roi was positive so why? Because it felt off and 80 bucks is nothing for piece of mind .

Took a while to get used to tracker. Learned sites only stored hands so long so imported cards and pushed on. Data doesn't lie . Started complaing to site reps and eventually they asked for my data. Ran like a god for two weeks after giving my info. Made a ton of profit. Just crazy. Then I get email saying they didn't find anything unusual other than runnng unlucky. But it looks like your luck has changed. So it told me they are monitoring my games.

Next day i signed up to a decent tourney since br was running great . Nothing but suck outs or super coolers. Some how i made it close to bubble and you know it gets crazy around bubble. Last five hands in a row was just incredibal loses. All short stack pushes after first hand .I called ahead taboot.
1 hand my flopped nut flush a,j all in ran into runner, runner straight flush. Nothing but hearts on board and both hands. Never in my life .
2 hand igot aces. short stack pushes AIPF. lose
3 hand queens . short stack push i call ace rag. lose.
4 hand kings, i think i pushed on this lost to flop trips.
5 hand was a,ks with less than 8bb. Had to push another short stack callwith a,6 suited.

Yes he hit the six and uncontrolled reflex tossed the computer. which proved costly. Took 8 months off and new computer new sites . Just cant get myself to deposit . Good news you can transfer tracker to a new computer. Just lost info.

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm pretty new to Cards Chat, but in my short tenure here I've seen this topic brought up so many times it's exhausting. The "evidence" of the game being rigged is anecdotal at best. Some of the worst bad beats and coolers I've seen have been live. Bud luck is bad luck and bad play is bad play. Don't blame variance on the site, blame it on the game itself - because variance is a fundamental part of the game. You WILL lose hands, and sometimes lose spectacularly. Sometimes you'll go on a long losing streak. It's bound to happen. Embrace it, and keep grinding.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More and more people know how to play and how to play the spots they are in. Therefore you become more and more reliant on the rng and thats never good