Poker computer program

marcofud

marcofud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you think that a poker computer program is too cruel to playing poker players?

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Marco,

I think the best analogy here is with chess. Computers can develop our understanding of poker and are helpful for training. As of yet, computers have yet to "beat" human poker players in the same sense that they have in chess.

The best chess players in the 1980s and 1990s played against the computers to help develop and program the software. Eventually, computers far surpassed human capabilities in chess, such that the current world champion (Magnus Carlsen) has no chance against a chess engine like Komodo. The amazing part is that human understanding of chess developed significantly, and continues to develop, because of the advances in computers and chess engines. Now people are exploring openings and moves that people never thought possible because of computers.

In the same way, we can analyze our poker games using computer software and gain insights and develop strategy. This alone has caused the average strength of the player pool online to increase tremendously from 5 to 10 years ago. But there is still a far way to go. As I mentioned, computers have not truly "beat" human poker players such that the best all around poker player (take your pick! Ivey?) has no chance against computers. Once this happens, our understanding of the game will grow in ways we didn't think possible.

To answer your original question, it is unfair to pit a computer against a human in an online setting. Poker rooms do not allow bots and certain software for this reason. In the same way, chess players cannot rely on engines during matches online or over the board.

Bigg197

Bigg197

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that there is already a bunch of software on this topic, in the yard 2019 is kind of like)

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I played live poker for many years, and when I started playing online poker and could not win, I was sure that all online poker is a computer program. I wrote this assumption in many forums, searched for people who think the same way I do. Later I met a man who changed my mind about online poker. I started working on my game, learned how to use software and began to win more often. Now I believe that online poker is the same as live poker, and if you play it correctly, you can achieve good results.

J

jrsilvamg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The virtual game is totally different from the live game, even though the virtual game is random

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In heads-up games computer will easily beat you for sure but other formats some high stakes regs are probably better