Playing Without HUD - Improving Observation Skills

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play in a non-hud site. I am more "feel player" and calculating odds and that kind of stuff is not my strength. That's why I don't get that much benefit using HUD, and con playing in the hud-friendly site is that also villains can use stats against me.

Secret tools like reverse tells, tanking bluffs and that kind of psychological things are my the most profitable weapons.

I have started to play brain games on a daily basis to improve my cognitive skills, like problem-solving, attention, processing speed etc, math also of course.

So, let's talk about how to improve decision makings without hud, and how to use available information in the most effective way. Do you do some brain training exercises like playing chess etc? How many tables you can play profitably without hud?

HansWurst77

HansWurst77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion it's always good to trsin your observations skills again and again. Wheter you can play successfull on sites that allow HUDs without using them on your own? I'm really not sure about it - I think at least not on higher levels.

HansWurst77

HansWurst77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you know where to find a list or something containing the sites that don't allow HUDs??

O

Omnom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally ive used HUD in the past but dont really bother today , my system sometimes gets slowed down and i prefer observation of the table over someof the stats . Granted they are useful but if you dont have a big enough sample size then its not really effective . I prefer without thesedays .

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally ive used HUD in the past but dont really bother today , my system sometimes gets slowed down and i prefer observation of the table over someof the stats . Granted they are useful but if you dont have a big enough sample size then its not really effective . I prefer without thesedays .

Yeah, and also opponents will change their playing style, especially fishes when they get a big stack, they will start to be tighter, and using hud in this kind of situations will just harm results

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's much better to play without hud in final tables, absolutely relying on ur intuition, but playing MTT it's impossible to rely just on observation tbh

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I No HUD

I prefer to play in a non-hud site. I am more "feel player" and calculating odds and that kind of stuff is not my strength. That's why I don't get that much benefit using HUD, and con playing in the hud-friendly site is that also villains can use stats against me.

Secret tools like reverse tells, tanking bluffs and that kind of psychological things are my the most profitable weapons.

So, let's talk about how to improve decision makings without hud, and how to use available information in the most effective way. Do you do some brain training exercises like playing chess etc? How many tables you can play profitably without hud?
I also prefer not using a HUD - for multiple reasons, the main one being - I want to be able to transition to live play without feeling like I'm missing a tool at my disposal.
I'm an art guy - specifically a character animator - so observing peoples mannerisms, tendencies and 'styles' kind of comes natural to me. I don't do brain training stuff, just use what I have always had. :)

Do you know where to find a list or something containing the sites that don't allow HUDs??
You can google it, but Coolbet and Unibet surely. And maybe nowadays Partypoker.
Seals with Clubs is another non-HUD site.

It's much better to play without hud in final tables, absolutely relying on ur intuition, but playing MTT it's impossible to rely just on observation tbh
Impossible? I don't agree - I play exclusively MTTs without a HUD and do well. I cash most every day in multiple events, and make FT in one or more of the events I play on a regular daily basis. No HUD. :)

HathelFoster

HathelFoster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing for about 5 years casually online, tried the HUD once last year I think, hated setting it up and it just got in my way to be honest.

I understand how it could be used effectively if you're playing against the same people often (high end).

I think I actually got banned from a site while testing the HUD as I was oblivious to 3rd party software rules so I've just sworn off it completely and play on short term observations and instincts and it keeps coming up positive each month (even if it's only $1 lol)

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never play with a HUD. Relying on player stats over players actual hand range and dynamic will cause you to end up leveling yourself. What works best for me is to just note the villains style of play and rely on my reads. Humans are known for being extremely consistent with their patterns so I stick to that. If a HUD works great for you stick to what works best.

Last edited: