Playing styles around the world

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love that online poker has made it possible to sit with people from all over the world and a while ago I started noticing that there seemed to be similarities in the way that people from different regions or different countries play. Some play any suited cards no matter what they are, some are rocks. This doesn't really apply to really good players, I haven't tracked it thoroughly, just some observations. Has anyone noticed this same thing?

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
similar poker

I think this is because poker is a very universal, international and all-round game. And here color of the religion, professed religion or political predilections is not important. Not even the language you speak is important. At the same time, there are universal words in poker used in the game, regardless of which country you are a citizen. There are not many of them, they are main and constantly used. It is fold, check, raise, all-in, etc. And all the players have only one main goal - to win, so they often use very similar bluff, semi-bluff, and so on in the game So it is not surprising that the styles of players from different cities, countries, continents will be very similar. This is natural and awesome.:top::top::top:

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I most definitely noticed each person from a country does the same thing. It's quite amazing. That's why i always look and see what country i'm playing with. I can adjust my play accordingly. yes each person is different but a guideline is to take note what country they from.

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker

I love playing online poker... I been a fan of zygna before!

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I most definitely noticed each person from a country does the same thing. It's quite amazing. That's why i always look and see what country i'm playing with. I can adjust my play accordingly. yes each person is different but a guideline is to take note what country they from.

I have started doing this too. You can look to see where someone is from and have a pretty good idea of how they are going to play when you first get to a table,.. I think this can be a huge advantage, especially early in a game.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is really cool, the fact that the whole world can share the same game, the same table. But the massive dominant style these days is the maniac loose aggressive one, and more than never players open raise pre-flop, 3 bet, 4bet..., quite different from the old school poker.
But, depending on the players mood, at a certain game, they will play tight, aggressive, tory, maniac, no matter which country or region they come from.
I refer it by even observing myself. How many times I play intentionally bad, like a maniac, no matter which cards was dealt to me. If a player plays not as good as it should, it doesn't really mean he/she is a weak or a beginner player or even which place it come from. It may be be just the mood she/he is having at certain moment, also sometimes playing in a hurry, wanting to get off due to another task that must be accomplished, compromise etc etc. It's difficult to judge, better to judge ourselves first to get a good bottom line.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to slow play alot but sometimes it hurts me. I need to balance my slow playing

andi08

andi08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at the countries of origin, but only because I'm interested. Sometimes I try to chat a bit. But because of the country, it doesn't make sense for me to deduce the playing style, because we people are simply too different.