takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This might be, and probably is, an old issue... but when you need to make $ do you play better/have a better outcome than when you play for the sake of just playing to be the best at the table?
When I play to just unwind, say after work, I seem to do better. When I sit down and tell myself that I've gotta win this game because I've been losing for a few days I seem to not do so well. In other words is it a frame of mind that might determine whether I win or lose or do I just chalk it up to the fate of the poker godz? Tourney v Cash? Kinnish or Mike McD? I hope I'm making sense, here. Thanx for your input. :musicus:

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think we should limit ourselves to just those aspects. In my case I do not do it for either one or the other, because as all gambling, poker is random, so relying on it to solve it economically is a lot to ask. As for the glory, I think it is a goal more distant than the previous one.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for the money, the glory is a side effect of that I think. The more you win, the more respect or admiration you might achieve. :)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i just want to have a good time playing poker.i tend not to take the game seriously and try all the strategies that go through my head.but when i'm motivated enough to play my best level and that I set myself a goal to achieve. then the I achieve good result. yes yes the state of mind counts for a lot during a tournament.

Mmurilove

Mmurilove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe the two are related.
Initially, really playing under the pressure of money hampers our performance, so we should have a good control of bankroll. Also for this reason I prefer to play the tournaments, since we only pay once and we know exactly how much we are risking.
However I like to think that I play for both money and fame, even though the money is more important to me at the moment. But I believe that earning money will also gain the glory, and vice versa.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally play to challenge myself, for me its about improving myself as a player. My knees are too knackered these days for any physical sports so poker fills that competive void of consistently pushing for improvement. The money and glory are a by product and welcome bonus of this :D

U

Uiliam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for money, but is hobbie for me too. I dream play one tornament live for pokerstars.

K

koms85koms85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for $$$$ but little bit for glory

guccipix

guccipix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neither. Just play your best game on every occasion, whatever that means to you. Concerning yourself with ideas of why you’re playing is counterproductive to succeeding.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanx for the input, everyone. I was trying to get an assessment of the mind behind the cards, see what I'm dealing with.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Between the two, definitely money. I'd like to make a career out of it someday, if not at least be a semi-pro. But if I won a major televised event and got recognition for it, I wouldn't be mad!

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for the money and for fun. But in no case can we enter to not be the best. I always try to be the first, regardless of what I do, even though I often can not.
Glory is only a consequence

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just a beginner player. And I play primarily for fun. Although it would be nice to win a good amount of money.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for the money. The glory is an added bonus. It's best to not put a lot of pressure on yourself when you play. No matter how good you are at the game we all have bad days. You just have to learn from your mistakes if you made any and except the bad beats when you get them. Remember sometimes you kick and sometimes you get kicked.

B

beavis22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
mind frame

I play for money and entertainment...i find when i am care free and and playing with a good bankroll, I run well...on the other hand if my bankroll is low, i run poorly.:)