Playing against bots

H

Howard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a hot shot, I play small stakes. But I think I can hold my own.
I like heads up and play heads up sit and go's.
On a bad day I'll lose 6 out of ten. But I've been playing a bot lately
and it beats me 8 out of 10. with six out of the eight being ad beats.
I think it's a bot with and edge purposely installed by
the poker provider. What are your thoughts? Any similar experiences.

voli106

voli106

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bot

I also, comes a strong card the player is weak and he wins and so constantly. bot:D

voli106

voli106

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bot

I also, comes a strong card the player is weak and he wins and so constantly.

H

Howard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how many times have you played this same bot?

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And if you check at officialpokerrankings.com, you can see that it is no long history... almost it is new acounts.... i met that a lot time

ChipWinged

ChipWinged

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My main rule about bots: if you seat with bot then run out from him! If it MTT or Spin n Go you play with him once but Cash and SnG you can play more. So if you suspect a bot player, end last game/hand and change table. You'll really save big money.
I suppose, main problem with bots is ransom's behaviour. Maybe I am crazy but while I am playing with bots random hepls bots only (and then we have your 6 badbeats from 8).
Just stand from table, relax minute and sit on other. Good luck!

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the fish have all the luck

they move around on shit. yesterday I had a hand, I have a Queen king assorted, and the fish 5 king and he got a full house I'm shocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Can you prove that you played against the bot? The fact that in your opinion, the opponent played incorrectly, does not prove anything. He may have his reasons for such a game.

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What site is it that you are playing on? I've heard this accusation a few times, I was just reading a similar discussion on here earlier and there are others saying similar things. I personally don't believe it - especially if you're playing on a big site such as pokerstars. Even on other non-regulated sites like ACR, yes it's been known that bots exist and are used to give illegal advantages to players, but they don't work like that and to my belief have no affiliation with the actual sites. They make plenty of money without those scams, and it would be detrimental to them if anything like that got discovered.

H

Howard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you mean and I feel the same but I've pointed out a couple of BOTS
to them, they responded that they would handle it, and then the BOTS remain on the site. I try to avoid playing them but they're always on, never take a rest, never lose more than one or two out of 10.

S

Shade768

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont generally play HU games but reading this makes me disgusted if it's true

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I looked at PokerScout.com and followed up with the IDN link then I looked at a twoplustwo forum posting. The contributors there had something to say about bots and that network.

If you know of any proven bot cases can you provide the links? I am interested in the bot names, provenance and how these bots were coded so as to escape detection from the sites they were playing on.

I had PT4 installed recently and will be trying to filter out collusion and bot instances which I personally had encountered in the past but never had any documented proof. I'm learning and piecing things together with online poker (and there is a LOT to piece together) so that when I enter a game...any game I would like to know what I'm in for.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we played and thought alike, we would all be indistinguishable from bots.And since we are different all the way...

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think that small poker rooms themselves are engaged in breeding bots in order to maintain traffic in their rooms, therefore I play only in large poker rooms. I think this is the main problem today, hat can kill online poker, so big poker rooms should throw all their strength in the fight against bots.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you prove that you played against the bot? The fact that in your opinion, the opponent played incorrectly, does not prove anything. He may have his reasons for such a game.
+1
Guess what happens if these poor people end up in the FRC.
Looking at the leaderboard it's always the same players winning, much better than 8 out of 10. So they must be bots!
Then checking in the forum it gets worse:
These 'bots' are well behaved and can talk just about any subject.

Most likely (unless proven otherwise), it's players up against stable winning mostly TAGs.
Which is often the first thing they'll try to master when going 1 step up on the learning ladder.

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars. I thinnk i need a break after my all in (at 6max holdem sit&go max) with my 77 against call a for almost all chips with 93o and flop k37o (777 for me).... turn 3 ... river 3.... I didnt tilt, but decided enough... i lose early 8 of 10 spin&go max with better hands.. and always bad beats ! Human never play like this and thats why i like freeroll cc, because i know its fair play

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker stars. I thinnk i need a break after my all in (at 6max holdem sit&go max) with my 77 against call a for almost all chips with 93o and flop k37o (777 for me).... turn 3 ... river 3.... I didnt tilt, but decided enough... i lose early 8 of 10 spin&go max with better hands.. and always bad beats ! Human never play like this and thats why i like freeroll cc, because i know its fair play
Three weeks ago, I was winning 80% of the games I played .
Since then:
- I hardly get reasonable cards
- miss the flop 90%
- get a bad beat whenever I do get good cards AND hit on the flop
This is called variance, bad streak, or whatever.
Nothing indicates that it is not mathematically explainable.
Just keep going, statistics will go our way sooner, but maybe later.

M

mitsuaha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker stars. I thinnk i need a break after my all in (at 6max holdem sit&go max) with my 77 against call a for almost all chips with 93o and flop k37o (777 for me).... turn 3 ... river 3.... I didnt tilt, but decided enough... i lose early 8 of 10 spin&go max with better hands.. and always bad beats ! Human never play like this and thats why i like freeroll cc, because i know its fair play

Ugh. I heard ya!! I was very nearly ITM and I had this player pegged for a flush draw on the flop. I was right! Turns out... the turn and river had different plans and he hit a set of 3s (he had J3s).

Similar instance where I lost to the exact same hand in a manner that made me feel stupid for not seeing it coming lol. There's variance.... and then there's 888!

nop9gok

nop9gok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, so, too, suspicious players come across. Distributions are very incredible. I tried it myself as they did and they did it. But the result was bad in the end.

H

Howard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still trying to understand it all. In heads up Sit And Gos if the provider (I don't want to name them unfairly, I can't prove anything) allows the BOTs to always stay on because they stimulate play, people like me just don't play. If the BOTs would go away I would register. Their policy doesn't work. Secondly, if the BOTs are so good without help, why don't they play higher stake games? One thought is that the BOTS are supported by or in partnership with the provider. Finally, a plausible theory is that the stakes are so small the provider just won't care.

L

LYKOS2579

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bots

I believed that the big online poker sites can be protected against bots..i am suprised reading all these here

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Years back on poker threads I would try and tell players about bot online and they would tell me how stupid I was. That I was a loser an used that as an excuse why I didn't win. The funny thing was that I was building and selling them and trying to show how rigged online poker was. They didn't listen then and most wont listen now.