Only Two MTT At A Time

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I just found out last night that I can only play 2 MTT tables at a time, anymore than that and I can't focus or concentrate well.

I just don't feel comfortable with more than 2 tables open while playing and I prefer 1 at a time.

For one thing it shrinks the tables considerable, so that I cant hardly see the cards, let alone anything else. Moreover, each table after the first one is open starts to get small, after two tables it gets tough and I imagine over 4 MTT tables is a nightmare.

I guess I am just one of those that will be grinding it out longer than thes youngsters, who play 4-8 tables at once :icon_boun

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two's usually my max , i was playing three earlier flopped a boat on one and accidently hit fold switching over to that table smh

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that, after a but you'll get used with 2 tables and you gonna try to add 1 more and so on. That was my case , after 3 months or so i was bored at 2 tables and i opened 1-2 more and that was very ok.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mistake and Lesson Learned

Wow, that's a serious mistake. I don't want to do that one.

But I made a boo....boo...too. I had A of spades A of clubs and I thought I had suited AA clubs in my hand.

Well it was the river and the person had a beeb betting me in, I was playing 3 MTT tables simultaneously so thought I was on a deaw and couldn't see the cards good and the timer was dinging to alert me, when I noticed that board I thought that what was in my hand I had, the nut flush the board had flopped 4c 2h Kc turn was 9d and 3c I went all in thinking I am going to earn a cash finish in this MTT tourney. Well he eagerly called and I couldn't figure out how I lost, went on tilt until I replayed the hand. Finished like 13th payout was at 11. He had K & 9 two pair, it was like 50,000 chips could have made a 100,000 chips when if I called blinds could have made it to cash out.

So I am done with so many tables at once, my max is two as well.

two's usually my max , i was playing three earlier flopped a boat on one and accidently hit fold switching over to that table smh

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also can not play more than two tables. when there are more than one, the quality of my game drops dramatically

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
At the same time, I can play only on one table. I am trying to analyze the game of my opponents so I do not play on more tables.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
When I used a desktop, I could play 4 - 6 tables. But not on a laptop. Usually 1 or 2 only. Definitely cant concentrate as well when the beeping starts going off. End up hitting the wrong button. And usually doesnt work out in my favour...LOL.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you have a great reflex and speed to think ahead, you may be able to do 6-8 games at a time, ZI seen them pros online with elaborate setups doing it like that.

They even showed some that cheat like that and collusion too, even at the low stakes, because they figure getting 5 or 6 dollars an hour times 8 games is good money or they get in there and bust a player out and the winner splits the money with the others, so its you against all of them 5-6 other players.

All of them have been mostly in other countries as I can tell but we get on there with them and think the game is straight up.
When I used a desktop, I could play 4 - 6 tables. But not on a laptop. Usually 1 or 2 only. Definitely cant concentrate as well when the beeping starts going off. End up hitting the wrong button. And usually doesnt work out in my favour...LOL.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is actually my case as well. I cant concentrate when it over 2 tables and I start losing focus. I will be pushing in one table because I just got beat at the other.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with only 1 screen i prefer 2-3 tables and 1 window for the replays to take notes. usally works out fine.
with a second screen i don't mind playing 4-8 tables. but it's getting harder taking notes :D :D

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I just found out last night that I can only play 2 MTT tables at a time, anymore than that and I can't focus or concentrate well.

I just don't feel comfortable with more than 2 tables open while playing and I prefer 1 at a time.

For one thing it shrinks the tables considerable, so that I cant hardly see the cards, let alone anything else. Moreover, each table after the first one is open starts to get small, after two tables it gets tough and I imagine over 4 MTT tables is a nightmare.

I guess I am just one of those that will be grinding it out longer than thes youngsters, who play 4-8 tables at once :icon_boun

1) tables can be stacked, each at full screen, you'll see just the top table, but you can easily switch between tables.
2) to play at 4-6-8-10-12 tables with comfort you need
a) a big monitor or 2-3-4 smaller ones. A simple combo of 17" laptop + 24-32" monitor connected to laptop is good for 16 tables.
b) practice for 30-40 days at 12 play chip\freeroll tables if you want to play 8 tables for money in the future. Play 6-8 free tables if you want to be good at 4 real money tables... In a short period of time you'll get used to playing 8 tables with less mistakes, when you will have that feeling of comfort - you can go down to 4 tables and you will see that it's boring to play just 4 tables since you've spent a month playing 8.

It works in just one case. If you're not lazy. Mind and body adapts to any new conditions really fast if you're really working on it.
>>>Played 16 tables in the past... each day, for a long time. Tried to play more, but it wasn't as effective as 16, I need 30 seconds for decision per each table in order to play well at 20+ tables, cause I was running out of time while clicking all the tables. Well, I think I can do it today without mouse, using fingers at 40" touch screen LOL
GL

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
start small? The head roll 2-3 became, then during the week load plus one table and so on to a comfortable state, When you can safely play 6-8 tables The main thing for you to be comfortable is to play, good luck!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is certainly nothing wrong with playing less tables, and with tournaments, if I can see, I am about to make a deep run, I typically dont start any new ones up, so that I can concentrate fully on the one, where the money in beginning to matter.

That being said multi tabling is something, that can be learned through practicing. I play on a laptop, and yes tiled tables tend to get small, but a solution can be to stack them. This mean, you are only looking at one table at a time.

You are missing out on info in this way, and it can get confusing, if you are involved in several postflop spots at the same time. But on the upside it train you to focus on your own decision making process and not for instance, what happened at another table, after you went all in.

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing more than 2 is something you have to learn and get used to and its not that easy. if you feel like you dont play as well with more than 2 than you will lose EV by playing more. theres nothing wrong with playing 1 or 2 just play your best and maybe eventually youll get comfortable playing more. good luck!

B

bagoly696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not understand why the table goes together, but playing more than two tables is very tiring.

D

drXalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I can't play more tha. one MTT at a time because I need to concentrate and think or try to guess wich hand my opponent's hand