Online Poker moving away from HUDS

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems poker sites are moving away from players able to compile huge databases of opponents hands. We see this with anonymous log-ons, pokerstars is attempting to limit what you can and can't save into PokerTracker - HM2 and others.

How do the CardsChat members feel about this?? Like it, Hate it, Don't care ???? I would like to hear what people think.

I am a huge fan of being able to record all of my hands so I can review, I am not sure how I feel about all the rest of the limitations and Anon- Log-ons.

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am ok with anon opponents, I don't necessarily think you should be able to build a database of information on opponents using a hud. I do think that being able to rely on my hud to track info for individual sessions is important though. I will almost certainly play fewer tables if I can't see at a quick glance who is playing tight, loose, etc.

Also, yeah, it is really important for me to be able to track my own hand history so that I can easily review.

B

Brayan9052

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The advantage of online poker is over the entire database. If there is no database, it is like playing live. For example, we can play in a multi-player table one day and the other day one or two of those players are at our table. That is a great advantage for us if we have a database.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've found that Per Session Stats Work as well as Long Term Stats... But I don't Use a Paid for HUD with Global Data Base...

I Use fpdb (FreePokerDataBase) which is open source... totally Free!

http://fpdb.wikidot.com/

It Works Great and though I Have it set up for that sessions stats and have only been using it for two months now I found in the MySQL database 65,763 Players User Names have been recorded lol That's enormous... But that's across three platforms... maybe I should think about selling the data base to build bank roll...Hmmm HUD Sellers make money at it why shouldn't we...

Maybe CardsChat could have a Thread for the Sale of DataBase Data... is that ethical ? Would you buy the info?

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm kind of indifferent I guess. All that matters to me is how a player is playing during the game I'm in. Players can change habits and playing styles at any moment. So, what they used to do matters very little to me. If it happens to match up with trends, I'll pick up on that. If it doesn't, the data is useless anyway.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with the phone without any outsiders applications) and play quite successfully

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play each game as it comes not a computer wiz i just love playing the game

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say some sites should allow HUD's while others don't. We shouldn't restrict either of them because that's not good for the future of online poker.

Make sure you do your research if you are strictly against HUD's, you don't want to tilt yourself for your own mistake.