Online poker in Mexico

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live in Arizona, only about 150 miles from mexico. Is it legal to play online poker, in Mexico, if I am just a visitor in the country?

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i dont think its legal for you to play in any country since you live in arizona and poker is banned in the usa However if you have both citizenship then you might be able to play at pokerstars or full tilt poker.
There are some sites that allowed usa players so you should try that instead of going to mexico to play on pokerstars and full tilt poker.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you will need to contact the poker site that you would like to play and ask them of what would need to be done. i know that people from california going down to mexico to play but they are still citizens of the US and they play on a regular basis without any problems from the sites or the US government.

B

blobman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
US citizens cannot play for real money on a pokerstars even if they are outside of the US and in a jurisdiction in which online poker is legal unless they can prove residency wherever they are living. I'm not sure exact about the details since I was trying to find out this info myself a bit back, but I tniigh you would need either official permanent residency status in Mexico and/or at least be able to send pokerstars utility bills to prove you're living in Mexico (which you wouldn't be it seems in your scenario).

I wish it was easier such that if an American goes on vacation to Europe for a month they could play on pokerstars but pokerstars wants I play it super safe with the US government and therefore makes it very hard for Americans to play even legally outside the US.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Actually it's not that difficult to play while in other countries. Once you know what you're doing it is fairly simple to get it all set up & in motion.(utility bill & bank account at new residence in new country. Where I reside (canada) you could get that done here in 24hrs.)