Online Poker Comeback???

R

RedDawgz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey All,
I know after this recent revision over the Wire Act and what not there is some optimism for a possible return of online poker to the USA. What do you all think about it? (This might have belonged in News but didn't think so myself.)

RedDawgz

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey All,
I know after this recent revision over the Wire Act and what not there is some optimism for a possible return of online poker to the USA. What do you all think about it? (This might have belonged in News but didn't think so myself.)

RedDawgz
I don t live in usa, I noticed that there are not many offers for online gambling , and poker as there some restrictions. I can see that there is a Monopoly in the poker industry, the number of sites is very low . But , even so , we hear from time to time that some restrictions gets canceled. Good luck

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making online poker without a doubt legal in the US or at least most of the states would generate a lot of tax dollars from all over the world. I think the US is missing out on big income, for the government, from gambling.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Making online poker without a doubt legal in the US or at least most of the states would generate a lot of tax dollars from all over the world. I think the US is missing out on big income, for the government, from gambling.

This is probably the most interesting point concerning so called "vices" in the U.S. The legalization of poker/gambling and cannabis on a federal level would surely generate income for the federal reserve and a fathomable national debt solution. The powers that be, mainly "old-old-school" views on morality, should embrace this idea especially since their recurring mantra (in my lifetime) has been 'it's all about the money'. :deal:

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The pokerstars has advanced in some states, so I think that the general prognosis is good, we will see. in relation to the return I think it's great

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but still, Poker may not fall under Gambling, it's like everything depends on the person, what does the game have to do with if the person is sick! Um...

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see words tossed around. poker stars is advancing in the USA . The generation of tax revenue. Look at the actual numbers they projected to the states they operate in . Then look at the real bottom lines for each State. No one is impressed with any numbers produced in any state . Look at the data not hear say.

J

Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker comeback in the USA

Hi everybody,
Their definitely will be a comeback in the USA. When? Well that's a hard one to answer cause its up to congress and legislation which is a very slow process from my opinion. I see it is moving along slowly with some states approving it but only a handful.

It will eventually happen but will gradually take sometime. At least a few years before it starts to be approved all across the states in the USA. The future is bright with some states approving online already and moving in the right direction. Eventually it will happen but not without regulations by the Government in my opinion which is a good thing for poker.

I am not by far a well schooled politician in American politics but this is my opinion and just that. Coming to this conclusion is by listening, reading & watching what is unfolding in regards to the poker industry.

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully soon, very soon they can play from any state ...

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New York city authorities legalize online poker

Dexterity, not luck: a new bill on the qualification of online poker filed with the new York gambling Committee.

The author of the initiative was the mayor of new York Gary pretlow Sr. His bill proposes to change the qualification of interactive poker from the game of "luck "to the game of"skill". The adoption of this formulation will legalize Internet poker in new York.

The project has proposals from the new York state gambling Commission on how to license online poker operators. Permission will be granted only to organizations already eligible for lotteries and experience in organizing interactive games.

Legal operators will be required to pay 15% of gross revenue from interactive gaming operations to the Treasury as a tax on benefits. In addition, the gambling Commission may impose monetary fines on them. But all this-only after paying $ 10 million one-time fee for licensing.

Licensees will have to take measures to prevent minors from entering the system, as well as to play only within the borders of the United States.