Is online poker a hobby?

L

Lechtoler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
do you think online poker is a hobby or a form of earning for you?

This depends on you - if you just play for fun i consider it as a hobby, if you invest a lot of time into learning and practicing, reading blogs, books etc and try to get an edge over 95% of the player the hobby can turn into a hobby with a nice side income which is not a bad thing imo :)
All the best :)

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a hobby for me. I don't have the time to fully commit to it yet.

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Different for everyone, some it’s just about money, some it’s about fun, for me it’s about both as part of the fun comes from riskin a little money. Certainly a nice hobby. Tho u should have more than just poker to balance things out.

AlexeiShok

AlexeiShok

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, online poker is a hobby. But not only. For me, online poker is also an excellent income. If you play gently and be able to play, then you can earn normal money :)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For me it is a pleasure at the end of a day of work, a relaxation.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, the poker is a hobby a pleasure I relax when playing poker, poker game and when they are at work.:)

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
For me its hobby Once I thought it could be 'a job' but reality quickly called my ambitions ;D

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Poker is really complex and you need a lot of time to study and always improve your game (even pros or some awesome poker coaches/ players like for example Jonathan Little, still spend 1-2 hours daily to study different things about the game...) ; if you can't or don't want to put a lot of time into studying and playing the game then just keep it as a hobby and hopefully you will have a great time at the tables but if you want to make poker your main income be prepared for quite an interesting journey... In my case, I like to study and improve my game but at the same time I don't want to spend too much time or money on it and I like to keep it that way and always have fun by treating poker just as a hobby that might or might not add a few bucks to my income :)

Stay safe everyone!

T

Taktik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far, of course, a hobby, but sometimes a hobby can turn into a means of earning.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobby

do you think online poker is a hobby or a form of earning for you?

I'd say for most it's a hobby. For some it is a lifestyle. As long as you don't lose all your money and pay off your bills first and if married, the wife or husband is okay with it.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many people, so many opinions. Everyone has their own perception of life and life values. As for me, at the moment it’s still a hobby, I play online, but if luck is favorable, then I’ll go to live tournaments over time, but I’ll have to reorganize the game’s tactics a lot)

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The definition of a hobby is an activity in which you never get back what you put it in, specifically money and time. Let's say you own a custom car shop that you constantly have to support with cash injections. That's a hobby. You're not making a living out of it. If you're a writer, which I am, the question is: Can you play the light bill with what you earn as a writer? That being said, how many of you are paying bills with your poker earnings?

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
let's say both, some people considering online sort of income and others just a hobby to have fun

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a hobby if you play for fun as a recreational and it is a job if you are pro and really invest time and money with discipline.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it's fun and pocket money. It is unlikely that it can become my hobby.

tazzmaster62

tazzmaster62

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it's a hobby, keeps me at home where i need to be looking after my wife lol.

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it's a hobby for almost everybody. Even if you are a winning player, it is often a profitable hobby. Very few players can live on it. This is the definition of a professional player. If you're not a pro, it's automatically a hobby, right?

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for me is a hobby, passion, extra money. Studying poker also helps in real life by making EV + decisions on everyday matters.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It began completely like a hobby , gamble with money was fun at the beginning , but then , after some losses fun game couldn't go on , also got tired of losing recklessly (learned about BRNM , learned about freerolls , promotions , ways to win sth more in every site , what games I have and edge , the need to start studying {LOL}) .

Now I try to win sth more , but still it's a little like a hobby unrtil I finish some serious studying , but not fun reckless loose game like in the past :)

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its both for me, a fun pastime, with a cashout every once in a while :)