Is Online Poker ....

B

BoonDockPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is online poker sucking all the enjoyment out of Poker for you? Lately it has been for me. I mean losing to a runner runner flushes 5-7 times a day lately but can not hit an Up and down straight draw with a flush draw to go with it in last 8 attempts to top off the KK vs AA, QQ vs KK type hands that you get all the damn time and to top it off the wonderful AK vs AQ with a Q on river type hands you get 1000 times a day. It seems to get real bad after withdraws. **** I just cant win anymore 3 consecutive days after withdraw its been like this. Just wearing me down getting the calls you want only to get screwed so many times in a short period

I know its not rigged but lately I see how many think it is.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Honestly I can understand your frustration. I and pretty much every poker player has gone through what you are going through at the moment. I have had a few long downturns over the years and the one thing that will happen, is it will end.

If you play live it can happen there as well and trust me its worse live. Some of my worst beats have been live and the worst loosing streak of my poker carrier was live. A group of us would get together every week for a couple of tournament each week. I had been a good winning player with this group or people and we had 25-30 each week. When it happened it happened quickly and it was ugly. I went go over 40 tournaments without a cash over a 5 month stretch. Hell, I was not even close most of the time. When I finally came out of this bad run I started to win some I suddenly went on a hot streak, I went in a 3 week span winning 3 and finishing 2nd in another out of 6 tournament..

If it does start to get to you and gets to be not enjoyably take a week off from poker. I have done that several times over the years. My attitude would be better and the enjoyment would be back.. Good luck Mate.

B

BoonDockPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It just seems so amplified its getting to me. Set over Set out of a tournament (not once but twice in 30 Min) I know about the streaks of poker but it seems more amplified. Its not the money thing as I am playing micros so what $0.50 to $3.30. As I was writing this AK vs AQ Flop AK8 turn Q river Q.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I’m having an issue with stars that’s really starting to annoy me... I play a lot of satellites and after I win the 1st round often have to wait for the next round to start... the issue is when the final table stars it disconnects me and I need to re login often causing me to lose as they hammer around blinds.. anyone else having an issue like this

B

BoonDockPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It just NEVER stops... PLEASE make it stop...lol

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer live to online, but that is because I have some amazing memories of conversations and such things. Online is not about the fun of interactions as much as it becomes a business to people. I think a lot of people never get a chance to understand the poker that someone like me came up with. That saddens me. Everyone is all about bots and EV. They never talk about faking a tell and bluffing with 72 os against someone who came to the table cocky. There is some sadness to me in the difference.

B

BoonDockPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UNREAL.... In cash game ran $20 to $76 than the same thing happened to me in the 2 previous Tourneys...

i have 77 on the button Mid position raises to 3xbb 2 callers to me so I call...

Flop comes 7KJ

Raiser bets 9 actually 1 caller so I push Get called by raiser with KJ....

Turn 3

River K

so the proper number of outs to have on juicy stakes/intertops is 6 because is hits 100% of the time.

3 times in less than an hour.

So not only do they not give you your withdraw (Yes I am running it up now to a a point its a felony) than file a complaint and sue if I do not get. Good start to in a day up $100 plus a $110 Seat to the $10k and a $28 seat to the NY Day $2500... that all was last night. today i am now even for day.

Not 10 min later

in BB i wake up with AA

1 raiser 3 callers So I pot it and get 1 caller

Flop comes 6T2 rainbow

I bet Pot again he raises (a 1/2 pot more and he is all in) I call if he has TT so be it...

Well he has KT

Turn is a Q

River a ****ING T

So I lose to 5 outs again on the river in such a short time

Last edited:
B

BoonDockPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer live to online, but that is because I have some amazing memories of conversations and such things. Online is not about the fun of interactions as much as it becomes a business to people. I think a lot of people never get a chance to understand the poker that someone like me came up with. That saddens me. Everyone is all about bots and EV. They never talk about faking a tell and bluffing with 72 os against someone who came to the table cocky. There is some sadness to me in the difference.

I agree... But right now in Michigan all I have is Online because of the Communist Governor.

I played a good part in the Charity Poker in Metro Detroit. From Tournament Structures of a lot of the rooms, to Cash game procedure.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Its a normal part of poker. Even worse is internet going down when you are chip leder in the money and being antyed out.

T

TannyJW

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online Apps

Is online poker sucking all the enjoyment out of Poker for you? Lately it has been for me. I mean losing to a runner runner flushes 5-7 times a day lately but can not hit an Up and down straight draw with a flush draw to go with it in last 8 attempts to top off the KK vs AA, QQ vs KK type hands that you get all the damn time and to top it off the wonderful AK vs AQ with a Q on river type hands you get 1000 times a day. It seems to get real bad after withdraws. **** I just cant win anymore 3 consecutive days after withdraw its been like this. Just wearing me down getting the calls you want only to get screwed so many times in a short period

I know its not rigged but lately I see how many think it is.

Tons of Apps seem rigged nowadays tho, i also have the same problem. You can try out X-Poker, it´s new but all going well:)

rivermipasion

rivermipasion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think is a normal situation in poker , i lose and win usually AK VS AQ , or AA VS KK for example yesterday i lose AKS vs AQO when the magic queen fell on the flop :(

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly the best solution is to simply take a break, if you feel, that the amount of bad luck is starting to get to you. There is no point in playing, if you dont enjoy it. Getting away from the tables also protect you from starting to make bad tilted decisions, which will cause you to lose even more. How long the break needs to be is very individual. For some it might be enough to cut the session short. Others need to take a day or two off from poker, and others a week or more.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just accept you are playing online...no regulations period. If you are a US player, you are foaming at the mouth to get back to real poker. Thanks Phil Nagy!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case, you should take a break and forget about poker a little. Go about your business. Online poker is still better than live poker. You can sit down to play at any time.