Online is forcing me to become a NIT.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got back from playing live poker last night a bit chippery because i won a little over 600 bucks. Not ready to go night night I jumped on penny poker. First 15 minutes had four flopped straights get rivered by flushes. Live that night i think it happened once. Not really point im making now.

Last night i played 417 hands before i went to bed. New i was tired because i accidentally folded a straight that would of won. Anyways to my point. Out of those 417 i was delt a 2,or 3 206 times. Thats almost 50 % of the time. Which never happens live. See i don't play hands with a 2,3 in them. Other than blinded in and possible draw very rare. So of coarse this is giving the illusion i'm a nit. That and i dont play mid card with low cards. Which to be honest is majority of the time.

Sad thing is i play most connectors and suited cards. Have a rule if nothing hits and have no drawing hand i bail after flop. Like you should. Online i find bluffing a serious leak at the lower levels .:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sadly I experience this aswell, i'm generally much looser at higher stakes/live, at the smaller stakes you just have to play like a robot.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah Poker is So Much Fun When You're A Robot. It would be like having Sex With A Robot. Boring. Lol. Good Luck At The Tables.

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I am greatly interested in your experience and direct comparison of online and real poker...
Do you think that the computer AI knows exactly how you play and what you fold and do not fold?
Knowing what you know of internet spyware, and record keeping in the digital matrix... and yo seem like a guy who has an idea what I speak of... do you think the computer AI can taylor-make hands and scenarios that are designed just for you, without obviously affecting game play... and operate that system with 8 or 9 players on a table, without anyone knowing?
I think they can... and I expect they do...and I see it a lot.
online poker Operators are similar to the pied piper... they know how to use lights, and sounds, and emotions to attract and addict you.
If you don't know this, you will get trapped...
https://patents.google.com/patent/US6506148B2/en
PLAY THE GAME... KNOW THE GAME!

Last edited:
B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Atleast you get a happy ending.............

I just played 465 hands of .10/.20 . losing ten dollars of free roll funds. still got ten more. But why bother. Looking at chart in 465 hands i had a deuce combination of each card ten times or more. No pocket deuces tho. You need to add that up 124 hands out of 465 i got a deuce. A three isnt much off. I never play deuce superstition so a whole lot of folding. Three is my second least amount played card.

I got no pocket aces today. Pocket kings three times lost two. Queens 1/1.
ace with card off i got 23 times. Ace with a suited card 11 times.
Flop straight 5 times and lost on river.
Turn straight 3 times and lost on river. All rivering flushes. Flushes were hot this morning.
Unbelievable but no quads today.
I know its hard to believe it could be rigged. Not sure why but its hard for most of you. Being called a NIT LAST night made me laugh.

Like i said its entertaining and free since i have never deposited so complaining to much is moot. Just be careful with your funds. Dont over extend yourself for any of these sites.

Closes thing ive found to live poker is the free money poker stars. Watch a few youtube tourney of pokerstars that was way out there but its regulated. If i had to take my chances it would be there. And i love my unregulated site. just have trust issues.

see you at the tables my friends.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds ALOT like my experience online. nothing i can do right. The right play always gets beat some how some way. Yet you see IDIOTS playing any 2 and hitting like they know whats coming. Then when you call there bs with a good hand they either have a better hand or of course continue there string of hitting with total shit. My online confidence is at a all time low, while my live game is still making right plays getting the right result. Yeah theres a bad beat every now and then but online its nothing but bad beats or set up hands.
ive even tried playing these trash hands i see being played(altho not very often can i force myself to) no luck, suited connectors 1 gappers 2 gappers nada. AA KK QQ JJ 1010 just dont hold up. very frustrated right now with these sites. and in every turny you see complete trash players with huge amount of chips early on and of course if they take mine you can bet when you look back later on they are gone.
SO why do these sites reward such trash players i just dont understand it at all

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds ALOT like my experience online. nothing i can do right. The right play always gets beat some how some way. Yet you see IDIOTS playing any 2 and hitting like they know whats coming. Then when you call there bs with a good hand they either have a better hand or of course continue there string of hitting with total shit. My online confidence is at a all time low, while my live game is still making right plays getting the right result. Yeah theres a bad beat every now and then but online its nothing but bad beats or set up hands.
ive even tried playing these trash hands i see being played(altho not very often can i force myself to) no luck, suited connectors 1 gappers 2 gappers nada. AA KK QQ JJ 1010 just dont hold up. very frustrated right now with these sites. and in every turny you see complete trash players with huge amount of chips early on and of course if they take mine you can bet when you look back later on they are gone.
SO why do these sites reward such trash players i just dont understand it at all

I wouldn't think you wouldn't see any difference between tourney and cash tables. I don't anyways but if they did it would be noticed. So think who would benefit if the high vpip player gets the win. Specially against a season low vpip player. Playing against software with software. I'm not crushing it but i can tell you if you have software and your vpip is lower than 30% and his is higher than 75% then avoid. They don't last the duration of tourney. Seems middle ranged people take them out and low range if they made it late take out the middle. Happens at the cash tables to.

But im a rigtard so don't take my word look into it yourself. Because im human and been wrong once or twice. Doesnt really matter once you make up your mind. Then you play for entertainment or your insane. Play wisely

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the title 100%.

PS can corner you and won't stop beating you down while you're huddled up.

Over the last two weeks, the string of bad beats I've had were unbelievable BUT it's not my first rodeo, just minimizing my losses by playing lower stakes and working IRL to pass the days.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's just called running cold. It happens from time to time. I think it's funny that when the cards go cold everyone runs to the forums to scream and shout about how the sites a rigged and they're just stealing your money, but very rarely do I hear how someone was running hot all night. "I had AA 5 times and they held up every time!" or "I got it in behind, but I binked a K on the river and sent him to the rail!".
You've got to learn to take the bad with the good. If you honestly appraised every online hand you've ever played you'll find the luck evens out and if it doesn't it's probably because you played badly.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just called running cold. It happens from time to time. I think it's funny that when the cards go cold everyone runs to the forums to scream and shout about how the sites a rigged and they're just stealing your money, but very rarely do I hear how someone was running hot all night. "I had AA 5 times and they held up every time!" or "I got it in behind, but I binked a K on the river and sent him to the rail!".
You've got to learn to take the bad with the good. If you honestly appraised every online hand you've ever played you'll find the luck evens out and if it doesn't it's probably because you played badly.
Been playing three years online and never had five aces in one night much less one tourney.

But just this morning i watched an ace hit the board 15 times in a row. Im not the only one catching on because ace rag is the bomb most hands. I have had 12 pocket kings so far. All but two lost to ace ,6-10. Twice to smaller pairs.

What sad is every time i get the godly a,k or a,q suited Nothing hits the board. I actually just won my second tourney not playing paired kings or queens. Which would of lost if i did play. Its the freebies that make you play at a site. Funny more free stuff the wackier the site. If you cant tell difference of live and online you haven't played enough live.
For the guy says online players are better. better at what? How many online champions did well in world poker tourneys? one maybe two? Look you learn the patterns you make a killing online. Real live poker you play with emotions in view. nOT HIDING IN A SCREEN. iTS A JOKE. AND THE JOKE IS ON YOU. :dancing2:

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Supposedly it's a random deal online but so often seems rigged. You must deal with variances and play smart for the level you are at.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Supposedly it's a random deal online but so often seems rigged. You must deal with variances and play smart for the level you are at.

It's hard to not let the variance get to you. You have to though. Get good a forgetting.

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a first happen the other day on Global. I got KK 5 out of 6 hands won 3 lost 2. Global may have the strangest RNG I have ever laid eyes on. Also on this site I once got JJ 3 times in a row. and actually won all 3.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cards run bad all the time it just seems to me the runs last a lot longer on line. The bad beats on line more often than live.

33Elias33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is generally harder to bluff online-- especially at lower stakes-- then it is live. Most people become calling stations once they hit a pair. This tendency can be exploited with big hands however.

oldgrinder63

oldgrinder63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got back from playing live poker last night a bit chippery because i won a little over 600 bucks. Not ready to go night night I jumped on penny poker. First 15 minutes had four flopped straights get rivered by flushes. Live that night i think it happened once. Not really point im making now.

Last night i played 417 hands before i went to bed. New i was tired because i accidentally folded a straight that would of won. Anyways to my point. Out of those 417 i was delt a 2,or 3 206 times. Thats almost 50 % of the time. Which never happens live. See i don't play hands with a 2,3 in them. Other than blinded in and possible draw very rare. So of coarse this is giving the illusion i'm a nit. That and i dont play mid card with low cards. Which to be honest is majority of the time.

Sad thing is i play most connectors and suited cards. Have a rule if nothing hits and have no drawing hand i bail after flop. Like you should. Online i find bluffing a serious leak at the lower levels .:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can relate to you, I play on club wpt and I have had to adjust my game to the type of dorks and donks I play with, but it is not how I would play poker live, it concerns me I will get into bad habits.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To night I had aces twice in a row then kings on the third hand. Still landed in the money but I feel like it’s against me. All three lost to sets and trips.

I fear it better to be lucky than good.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
To night I had aces twice in a row then kings on the third hand. Still landed in the money but I feel like it’s against me. All three lost to sets and trips.

I fear it better to be lucky than good.

What about the 100's of HighStakes MTT players online? You know... the guys on the leaderboards from the WCOOP series (etc.). Why is it not happening to them? Why do they never mention it if it is.... or why would they continue to put up at times over $50k in tournament buyins in one week if it were really like some are suggesting in this thread? (meanwhile I'd guess that most if not all players in this thread are either a) playing freerolls b) super micro stakes c) are mostly losing players in micro stakes. Which folks info. would have more merit? hmm... )

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That doesn't even seem possible to have a 2 or 3 50% of the time. I guess that's why you brought it up. Not sure what the average percentage should be.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about the 100's of HighStakes MTT players online? You know... the guys on the leaderboards from the WCOOP series (etc.). Why is it not happening to them? Why do they never mention it if it is.... or why would they continue to put up at times over $50k in tournament buyins in one week if it were really like some are suggesting in this thread? (meanwhile I'd guess that most if not all players in this thread are either a) playing freerolls b) super micro stakes c) are mostly losing players in micro stakes. Which folks info. would have more merit? hmm... )
Trolling again. If those big time poker players did join cc and complained would you be different? I don’t follow them.

Speaking of loses I’m willing to bet you have lost more than I. Even if we go that route even Ivey has backers and he’s pretty damn good. Enjoyed these conversations for sure

Forgot to mention maybe they have good luck and skills? You did say you are a poker player even if it’s not in your profile

Wonder if their ego could handle talking about a loss

Last edited:
T

TXTwoPair

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
me too

Wont say the site I played. I entered a freeroll bankroll builder and finished 3rd. Won over $600, nearly $700. Played some $1 cash games and built it up to $1016. As soon as I crossed the $1k level, I started losing. Every pocket pair, every AK, every race. Couldn't win much of anything. I was dealt KK 6 different times and lost every one. Every time I pushed with a good hand, it seems I was called with someone (or a bot) having AA. Going in with best hand online means nothing. I had AA, and was called on my preflop push with a 10 2 off and they flopped 2 pair. Needless to say, I am starting from scratch again. Hard to believe it not rigged in some way.