Next state to legalize online poker?

MagicDick

MagicDick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am curious if a bunch of states will domino like the weed industry.

I would be all for being able to play on stars again. :D

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I've read, all of New York, West Virginia, Kentucky, Illinois, Connecticut, and California have a real chance of legalizing online poker this year. Some are more likely than others. I think it's more important to figure if states will be allowed to combine player pools. I thought I saw recently that some new legal opinion on the wire act would basically NOT allow states to combine player pools. Right now, Delaware, NJ, and Nevada have an agreement allowing sites to pool players. Overall, online poker will be super limited if states aren't allowed to combine their player pools.

TheSeaWizard

TheSeaWizard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be happy to see pokerstars come to California, except the only issue is this: How soon?

I haven't found any articles highlighting any progress for the Golden State. We may not get it until 2020 or even 2021 at this rate. I could be wrong though.

MagicDick

MagicDick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the player pool aspect is critical. I am not sure if that is a function of federal laws being modified or because the states themselves have issue.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am curious if a bunch of states will domino like the weed industry.

I would be all for being able to play on stars again. :D
I think these dominos will fall much slower if at all. California is still far from getting anything going. There are 5 legal states: NV, NJ, DE, PA, WV

The next 5 based on current legislation in progress would appear to be: CT, KY, NY, TN, VA

These 3 have made some progress but still have a ways to go: IL, MA, MI

Check out this site for updates:
https://www.uspoker.com/online/

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My coworker is convinced that Trump will be legalizing weed and online gambling in 2020. I wouldn’t be surprised.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It'd be nice if this simply happened across the US. The lack of legality is silly, imo.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be funny if the first thing every state agreed on was online poker.

B

bgduane

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be funny if the first thing every state agreed on was online poker.
I heard that Massachusett been thinking about it...but haven't haven't heard anything in a long time now...

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We in Russia are regularly being EPT in Sochi, in the autumn of this year will be

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if it does legalize everywhere through a domino effect, I don’t think major online poker sites will be able to keep up with the extraordinary amount of software testing for people in each state to start playing online poker right away. Even if legalized, i believe it can take almost up to a year for you to begin playing

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohio please! I want to play on pokerstars so bad

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it certainly wont be here in Missouri lol I miss Pokerstars, here in this state they are scared of their own shadow and backward as the day is long ...

It has been vowed that weed will never be legal and even if it is voted law, it wont be allowed here lol and as far as poker goes there are like 5 sites that are operating here under the cloudy laws that exist ...

I have been told there is nothing specifically preventing it legally .. just that most sites won't deal with this backward state ... I am fortunate for the 5 or maybe 6 that do exist, although, I don't feel any of them are equal to Pokerstars, and all of them seem to have issues all the time...

Who I really feel for is Washington State ... I think they aren't even allowed to play for play money ... someone correct me if i am wrong .. but that's really sad and scary in a fascist kind of censorship type of way ...

If my wife didn't have her family here we would have been gone years ago ... I hope they free the game for all of us asap but I don't see it ....

WSMFP1986

WSMFP1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my country its legalided
I have been hearing Louisiana, Mississippi are going to be legal to play online for 2 years now, what's the hold up. I just want to play online and not be limited to 1 or 2 sits

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know Indiana just legalized sports gambling but dont think it applies to poker LMFAO even tho knowing alot of games are either set up or rigged in favor of bookie. every one knows points shaving happens ALOT so why legalize that and not poker? who knows, big money is keeping it that way

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Black Friday on April 15, 2011 was the coupe de grace for online poker. It will take years maybe a decade or two for US online poker to recover.