New serious player

J

JonPoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all

I’ve been playing poker for nearly a month. I have 20k hands to boot so making my first ‘review’. Second review will be 50k hands and third 100k. I currently play nl2 on stars.

Currently looking for a forum to settle in. I’ve added my pt4 results as an attachment to this post. My current poker education consists of a few books, redchip core and Doug Polks Lab.

A lot of the posters here sound like huge fish, and it’s like many of them have never heard of paragraphs.

Right now my main focus is constructing ranges and coming up with bet/call/bluff hands based on range vs range. It takes like 10 minutes to do on the computer with equilab. And Im supposed to just do it instantly in my head at the tables.

Attachments

• 583D3A89-DE7F-495C-A4B0-A1CAD0C48411.jpg
    583D3A89-DE7F-495C-A4B0-A1CAD0C48411.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 42
takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey Jon. Nice to see you here. Nice progress according to the graph. I hope the 'poker-bug' sticks w/you for a while. See u around. :hello:

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best way to beat NL2 and NL5 is to play a solid preflop range and bet big on the turn and river for value.
Already when you are in NL10 or NL25 you can start to study ranges in equilab.
Try to get out of microlimites as soon as possible.
GL

W

wisepapa2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
John you seem to be a nice player with steady progress..just try to not TILT and be greedy!

Greed Makes U Bleed !

Peace*

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi John, you are showing good results. I am very happy for you and your achievements, progress further and never look back, do not worry about bad beats, they will pay off. Dare to each other.