Monitor? Size? Number?

AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all! I am very interested in what kind of monitor you have for playing poker? The size? Number of monitors?

Maybe you have a specific positive experience in using a particular monitor. Share the model.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a standard monitor. Still learning like many.

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have a good set up now,but I am looking in to a dual monitor set up. Maybe 19in. I think I can comfortably get 8 games with my bad eyes. Old age is a killer. Lol

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One 27 inch, 2560 X 1440, iMac.

445149-hands-on-apple-s-imac-with-retina-5k-display.jpg

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play on my 15.6'' laptop and I have connected on the side a 4:3 17'' second screen. I play only on my laptop's screen for now and I open YT or the lobbies of the tournaments on the secondary screen.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
From 15" to 21" you can fit 4 tables comfortably. If you want more tables need a bigger size.

How many monitors - It really depends on how many games you plan to or could play at a time.

Trusted brands in my view Dell, Mac, AOC, ASUS, LG, Samsung

S

stond

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use my Surface Pro 4 tablet which has a 12.3" screen. The touchscreen is very convenient.

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use the ultrawide monitor 29" with a resolution of 2560x1080 (21:9). A great option for poker players, is better than 2 monitors. It is possible to play on 6 tables without overlappings.

lg29ea93_intro.jpg

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all! I am very interested in what kind of monitor you have for playing poker? The size? Number of monitors?

Maybe you have a specific positive experience in using a particular monitor. Share the model.
I use two monitors,both 24 inc.Model of monitors samsung but i dont know full name of monitors!

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the laptop and play with 17.3 monitor. But I want something about 23. Need to buy desktop and then big monitor.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

A regular 17 inch laptop is enough for playing four tables at the same time, but I sometimes play on a smartphone, but only 1-2 tables.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer MTTs, but usually play not more than 3 tables at the same time, so my MacBook Air is enough for it.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DELL UltraSharp U2518D and (Old)Dell 24" UltraSharp U2412M :D:D Dell's screens last a long time:icon_thum

L

LogyJ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got 17" laptop and for 4 tables aree tooo small in my opinion.. I should buy new monitor =)

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally play on my laptop when I'm playing my usual micro stakes. Once in a while I'll play on my desktop setup. I have a couple 21 inch monitors that I could easily play 8 tables if I wanted. Usually I only will play 2-3 on that setup and use the other for music/reviewing hands/other stuff.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My work place is 2 laptops + 1 desktop. 3 additional monitors 2x24 full hd and 1x19 square
5 monitors in total.
Playing poker on 2x24" + additional 15" screen of the laptop.
Poker isn't my main job, I'm graphical designer and programmer.

Tried to use bigger monitors, 32" screens aren't good for my work space, vertical dimensions are too large. Might switch to 24" wide or ultra wide monitors instead of regular HD.

I like playing 12 tables. During my work I usually play 9-12 tables at 24"+15". When work is done I can play at both 24" screens, having 6 tables at each monitor, which is the best setup.

I click and type really fast, faster than 150apm(actions per minute) so I'm not having problems during poker sessions combined with drawing and maybe even some chatting or posting things at different forums. Also listening or watching educational videos at the other laptop and operating machines using desktop PC... well actually machines are working 6-8 hours without interruption, i'm just watching the cameras if everything going smoothly.

I'm kind of shocked when I see that majority of my friends are playing online poker sitting at just 1 table, to me it looks like the time has stopped there.So boring... When they observe my online gambling together with all other things that I'm doing at the same time - they're getting tired of focusing on my decisions after 10 minutes of observing :) My GF is always nervous when she's watching what i'm doing, she says that it looks like complete chaos, but by the end of the day job is done, poker was well played, lessons been learned, machines did some products.

P.S. Thinking about welding a chair with bicycle mechanism to perform excersises for legs during my time at the work desk. :) Multitasking is a habbit like smoking cigarettes, it's terrible when you're trying it for the first time, but if you'll keep doing it - you will get used to it easily. Brain and body adopts to everything.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to multi table i think that you should go with a 32:9 monitor

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing at a 5,5 inch display... Am I the only one playing on a phone?

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

That's my baby!

SirLongbottom

SirLongbottom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have a decent gaming laptop (dell inspiron 15 7000) and a ~28in acer monitor..had two acers but couldn't risk bringing 2 with me to Ecuador cause they will take that stuff..also have a ridiculous/unnecessary $100 gaming mouse (which i barely put the 12 side buttons to use lol), but i f'n love it..revolves pretty colors lol

usually keep 4 tables open on laptop monitor and pt4 and other Apps and youtube etc. on the big acer monitor..also have these nice ~$70 cowin bluetooth headphones that i actually recommend (i've bought 3 different brands from amazon to find the perfect ones, and these are it).

Stay Frosty