Misclicks - how to avoid them

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, I just hit the call button when I intended to fold. And of course I lose to my opponent.

Another way I have goofed is trying to type in a particular number for my bet and somehow I hit an extra digit and before I know it I have shoved -sometimes a huge stack - unintentionally.

I am usually pressed for time to get my bet out.

Does anyone have any tips to avoid this?

It is very frustrating and rarely works in my favor with an "oops".

Thanks.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I do it all the time, sometimes you can get lucky with it and win the hand. I misclick and misread hands/board all the time. Just today I min 3bet someone headsup thought I was SB when I was BB played too fast ended up losing a descent size pot because I continued and tried to buy the pot on flop and turn.

Only tip I have is to take your time when it is your turn to make your decisions and make your actions. Use time bank if necessary.

I rarely type out bet sizes I have predetermined bet size percentages on buttons which I use and then adjust them via slider if I need too. Typing it out takes way too long I play 4+ tables normally so ain't got time to type.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No effective advice. You just have to get used to the interface of this particular poker client. Of course, you should play sober not too tired.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You need to be focused on the game and understand exactly what you want to do.

Danoncebay

Danoncebay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Concentration and good hardware, sometimes not only is the software if you also notice the mouse, or the mat.

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you’re multi tabling online I think misclicks are just a part of the game.

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to be careful, that happened to me today, I raise instead of fold

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well clearly this has happened to everyone on this thread.

And, I appreciate your replies. Even though the replies confirm my worst fears....not much can be done about it. Pay attention, be awake and sober, just don't make a mistake....lol Well, mistakes happen!

Is anyone aware of any software that would allow me to speak "Call" or "Fold". It would have to interact with the poker client. Maybe assistive software for physical disabilities?

Thanks again.

J

JSLuckySJ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually make misclicks when i'm playing many tables.
So, i think, i need to play fewer tables.

kddy

kddy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
XD once I did a misclick but it was for good, I was in a snap in 888 waiting for the bubble to end, I think I had a 10X something like that ... the thing is to let time run, and I was going to press FOLD but I got confused and sent ALL-IN, they called me with AAs ... and I ended up doing a Full.

That tournament I ended up winning ... I think it was pre-demoted by the Gods

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yep, another disadvantage of playing online. I have 'sausage fingers' and this can pose a problem when typing in a specific amount to bet. I've been trying to use the slider or the min/half/pot, etc. buttons. It also depends on the amount of time you have to bet. In a turbo or hyper situation I refrain from typing. I also try to get away from the table for a few seconds or so after scoring a nice pot, just to get rid of that anxious feeling.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens to all of us. The best thing to do is to keep your mouse clear of the buttons so you don't accidentally click on it. You have to be careful when your multi-tabling that's when to poop goes wrong most of the time. Set your tables up so you have a clear spot to click for switching tables.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I always use the tile layout and no the ''stack'' or the ''cascade'' option. I want to know what is happening whenever I am not participating in a hand.

I use the fold hotkey(every room has hotkeys) very often instead of click the fold button and whenever I want to make a bet I click the percentage buttons instead of typing the amount, but if I want to size it up/down a little bit I am using the wheel of my mouse.
In rooms like PS and ACR you just need to hover the cursor just on the table and nothing more.In rooms like 888 or Party , you should put it in a specific area in order to make the rolling thing (very frustrating I know).

When I play on pokerstars I have set up my post flop bets something like 35% - 48% - 65% - MAX and I don't bother correct them because I will make a mistake like you did :p

I suppose you are using a mouse and not the touchpad! When you are deep in a tournament and the stacks are big it is easier to make a mistake , simply because there are many more digits compared to the early stages.

Hope I helped :)

T

therealzizzy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I should have read this last night. I won a satellite into the 12k GTD last night and was playing pretty well. At one point I looked down at suited connectors on the button and attempted to make a small raise to around 1150 (blinds were 250/500) instead I typed an extra zero typing to fast, betting 11500 leaving me only 60 left in chips! I got snap called by the AJos and wamboozled out of the tournament. I was pissed.

T

therealzizzy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do it all the time, sometimes you can get lucky with it and win the hand. I misclick and misread hands/board all the time. Just today I min 3bet someone headsup thought I was SB when I was BB played too fast ended up losing a descent size pot because I continued and tried to buy the pot on flop and turn.

Only tip I have is to take your time when it is your turn to make your decisions and make your actions. Use time bank if necessary.

I rarely type out bet sizes I have predetermined bet size p
ercentages on buttons which I use and then adjust them via slider if I need too. Typing it out takes way too long I play 4+ tables normally so ain't got time to type.

How do I preset the slider? I got REKT last night because of typing in the bet i entered and extra zero smh got snap called

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not have to fight this. Very rarely happens. Maybe once or twice a year. You just do not rush to press. Nobody drives you in the neck.

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do missclick when i play a lots of tables at the same time.
I think if your mouse run bad you can change it todo not do missclick

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Reduce the number of tables you're playing.
2. Use hotkeys.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I just hit the call button when I intended to fold. And of course I lose to my opponent.

Another way I have goofed is trying to type in a particular number for my bet and somehow I hit an extra digit and before I know it I have shoved -sometimes a huge stack - unintentionally.

I am usually pressed for time to get my bet out.

Does anyone have any tips to avoid this?

It is very frustrating and rarely works in my favor with an "oops".

Thanks.

To avoid misclicks, you need to understand why this happens. It happened to me couple of times and on both occasions i realized that my attention was diverted to-wards something else. And that is not good for poker. If poor attention or poor concentration can generate misclicks then it can also produce losing game.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Here is my setup on Pokerstars. You should be able to find the options easily from picture Settings--> Gameplay--Bet Slider

2018 11 12 155056

Plenty of the pros use Hotkeys. I never saw the need for it for me so I don't have a setup to show you as example but here is where you can set it up.

2018 11 12 155202

You can fiddle round with both Bet Slider and Hotkeys and see if you find something that works for you.

How do I preset the slider? I got REKT last night because of typing in the bet i entered and extra zero smh got snap called

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
happened to me several times, im always scared when i leave the arrow on call button accidentally and someone goes all in i got less than crap and have to carefully move arrow to fold hit call several times in these situations despite my efforts not to:eek: never works out

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Concentration plus a good laser mouse or phone/tablet with a high quality big screen :)

S

SantasPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say figure out what is the cause of most of ur misclicks and fix it, pretty simple :p. lol, my past misclicks would be when im like moving a website from 1 screen 2 another and accidentally click as the table demands attention and im trying to click on the webpage. real facepalm.

Casecrs

Casecrs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've Done This!!!

What a shame it is too... I have done this exact thing, and cost the whole tournament!! Such a sad moment after hard hours of grinding and folding...awww:D