micro buyins and sngs etc

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was just wondering what people thought about low buyin games where theres many players and half the field is all in basically from the first hand.

i mean it just seems like lotto sometimes and does anyone get annoyed with it?
i know i do lolol

please share your thoughts on the subject

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, everyone knows these fields are riddled with poor players. I love the micro sng's on ACR. Ive played over 800 and cashed in 64% of them, ive won 41.78% of those so i really like my sng results so far. Discipline is my biggest problem.

Micro tournies like the .50 on demand - are full of players who act just like its a freeroll...if you can catch them early and stack up, for a 50c buy in you can cash for $7-$10 first place. Better than the $10 on demand freerolls.

These fields are great for practice of your game. Enjoy them, play well and stick to a solid game plan you will have success there.

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha awww brother.... I know exactly what you mean and yes it is very annoying when you are trying to actually play and many others are playing carelessly. I remember many times having to wait like 20 30 min until it starts to play out like a normal game LOL :D

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was just wondering what people thought about low buyin games where theres many players and half the field is all in basically from the first hand.

i know i do lolol

I play this lotto almost every day. This is fun, isn't it?

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing the micro buy-ins because alot of the players at that level are face up. If they have something they bet, if they don't they check and fold to c-bets. It's just about not over bluffing and building the pots when I think I'm good.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing the microstakes for over 10 years.

It's still fun. And easy to beat.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most posters. Micro stakes tend to be super straightforward. Very little trapping or critical thought. I usually try to wait a few hands to get involved to avoid the wild allins unless i pick up a monster or can get in the pot cheap. Usually if you hit something good those first 5-6 hands, very likely you can get paid off for an easy double.

Daymo90

Daymo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the micro, just finished a tournament now. $1.10 buy in, 2034 entrants and I came 17th. Only negative to this is considering it lasted over 5 hours, I only got paid $8.25. Still profit at the end of the day... but yes, it is riddled with people betting silly at the start.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At these stakes, there is much less creative play required. You can multi table without losing to much profit. Bluffing less is one of the biggest differences at these stakes. You’ll find that is not the money you win, but the money you don’t lose that will make you more profit. Anyone can win with strong hands. Just don’t chase when you’re not getting the right price and you’ll watch your profits grow.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such tournaments there are a lot of fish, and this is good. Why? Because we earn money on fish or we advance in tournaments and this is a very good way to train by paying little money. Good luck in tournaments.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i know i do lolol

Well, for the beginning, this is a very good strategy, since at low limits we understand and practice the game, eventually if you have achieved a lot of practice and success at low limits without losing time you need to try something above ... Good luck:2in1::D

TeamPainter

TeamPainter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a cash table guy. I'd love to get into tournaments here and there, but I cannot stand this "re-buy" garbage. As soon as its down to registration getting ready to end, you see idiots pushing stacks all over the place like Bicycle needs their cards back.

Ill play a freezeout here and there, but not this jackassery that microstakes tournaments are littered with can take a hike with me.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With all the donks at this level it can be annoying at time but just be patient and wait for a decent hand and by all means don't bluff if you didn't connect with the flop because if you do your dead money because one of those donks has a pair and will not fold believe me I have seen it all before weather it's a low pair of two's or three's or something just a little higher they will stay with it and win if you aired the board and try to bluff them off the pot so don't try to get tricky at these levels. Just play straight forward and you will cash in your fair share of tourneys. These level are real easy to beat if you keep your head and play patient that is the key.

B

Bambooxle1869

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Discipline

I play in the freerolls and micro-buy-ins on ACR quite a bit. And yeah, the first few hands are "Lucky Lotto" with the number of All-in bets. And sometimes, it would just be so easy to go with the flow and get caught up in the "All-in" fever. But then I remember one of the first rules I learned when I started studying the pros and playing poker years ago..... Discipline, Discipline, Discipline!!!

Pre-flop All-ins are a coin toss at best - even WITH pocket Aces or Kings (although those DO still give you a higher chance of taking the pot down!) I WILL play high pocket pairs and sometimes AK to AJ on those Pre-flop All-ins. But, other than that, it's Fold, Fold, Fold. Frustrating??? You betcha... Boring??? Yeah, usually. But it gives me the opportunity to start gathering information on my enemies - range, skill, betting patterns on the hands that don't go All-in, etc.

I still (most of the time) play Freerolls and micros the same as I would play a $1000 buy-in... Good, old-fashioned, solid poker skills - post-flop, reading tells (and, yes, players still have tells playing online poker), using the "All-in" tool sparingly and at the most opportune moments, and MOST importantly POSITION. Using solid poker skills will ALMOST always win through to the end and cashing out... But, you CANNOT ALWAYS beat luck... It will usually bite you when you least expect it to 😆

And I constantly have to remind myself that MOST of those Pre-flop All-in players usually don't make it to the money. They just rely TOO MUCH on luck and NOT skill!

See y'all at the tables! 😊

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can compare microbasin with freerolls,where there is a crazy game and that's a fact...

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buyins games low are like that, after an hour is that you start to play for real, before that is just to have patience and wait for leveling, everyone is very aggressive at the beginning and not worth the risk with the middle hands.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a combination of building confidence and how to handle tilt

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well for beginners with low. as for me

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my online world is mostly micros right now.. but I do play all over the board.. the .02/.05 is usually good for a double up and so I am using that to build my bankroll.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's annoying a f especially having to wait for kk and aa to call these idiots it's even more annoying when your kk and aa get beat by j 5 lol

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who doesnt love a donkey fest?? Chips flying eachand every way for the mere cost $.50...

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love being badly beaten by players with no idea of the basics. Especially at freerolls. Always good to keep them happy.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, certainly. At micro limits game most players play weak hands, respectively annoying when you are moving with AK, any 5-8. On outcome is obtained as roulette, on have luck.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

i know i do lolol

Its a total gamble out there lol. A lot of fishes on micro who don't have a line in their play and it's hard to make reads on them. But it is possible to make a lot of money if you play tight aggressive.