Looking for some advice.

oldgrinder63

oldgrinder63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Concerning poker software I would like to know if a site wanted to manipulate there dealing program could they? and if so how difficult would that be for them to do? I am trying to understand if a site wanted to do so then how much time and effort would be needed in order to manage some level of manipulation and could they switch back and fourth between totally random and manipulation? In other words what would be the level of difficulty in order to accomplish this? Thanks for any knowledge you may have on this matter.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
They probably could if they wanted too is my guess. I say "guess" as I do not have any evidence or information to tell fr you sure.

What I can tell you for sure is that the top 3 brands pokerstars, 888 & party poker are all regulated. They get audited regularly from different independent bodies. It would be very hard for these 3 rooms or any room that is regulated to be manipulating software. The other rooms that are not regulated is a different story, they have a greater chance of using manipulating software.

I have a rule if I feel that I am being cheated on a site I simply do not play there. There are many good Poker Rooms out there, just play on another one. We the players are the customers if we do not like the product or service from a vendor we can choose to take our business elsewhere.
Concerning poker software I would like to know if a site wanted to manipulate there dealing program could they? and if so how difficult would that be for them to do? I am trying to understand if a site wanted to do so then how much time and effort would be needed in order to manage some level of manipulation and could they switch back and fourth between totally random and manipulation? In other words what would be the level of difficulty in order to accomplish this? Thanks for any knowledge you may have on this matter.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As an x programmer ill give you better than a guess. It would be complex code but it would be very possible depending on what you wanted to do. If you simply wanted to change the out come not caring who wins that would be relatively easy. Now remember most reputable sites have their code certified by an outside source and there are many people that monitor the randomness of a sites. Also the massive money that a reputable site makes without cheating and the damage to their reputation if they did almost guarantees that the site would not jeopardize that by cheating. IMHO

oldgrinder63

oldgrinder63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feed back Roger, I am playing on a unregulated site but it is a USA poker site, I would say the name but cards chat has threatened to ban me if I make any further accusations on this site.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any site can have a super user account that can see your whole cards if that's what you mean? As for the shuffle itself its a very grey subject.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be super easy...
A simulation of a 52 card shuffle is not very hard to program.
And manipulating it is also easy.
And since the code runs on the poker sites server to which they
have full access they can do whatever they like with the code on it...

The question is if it would make sense for them to manipulate the game.

In contrast to the commentors before i don't trust the regulators much...
FIrst of all they just check the code given to them by the sites. But they are
not monitoring if this code is the actual code that will run on the site at all times.

And then there is what happened regularly when poker sites went broke.
It often turned out that they didn't keep the players money seperated
from the companies money as they are required by the regulations...

So if a regulator can't even figure out if a company has 2 seperate bank accounts
for players monies and own monies, then how can i expect these regulators to understand
the computer code that does the shuffling???

Also most poker sites are registered in countries that are not really known as beacons of anti-corruption...

oldgrinder63

oldgrinder63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for that reply I found it to be very interesting! I am in the process of setting up a bit coin account I was thinking of going back to Players only I use to play on that site years ago and made a few decent cashes, but they do not take visa any longer and I think only bit coin. This is becoming the new norm for overseas sites. The site I play on now is a huge retarded joke but I do get some entertainment value and the occasional baby check 15-30 I can not say the name as cards chat has threatened to ban me if I say anything negative about the site. I like your reply but hope your wrong, What's your opinion of the wsop site in Nevada? I assume it is regulated as it is a USA site but you have to live in Nevada to play on the site. Take care.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The regulating agencies are a joke. All they do is check the frequencies that cards are dealt and the probabilities of different draws showing up are within acceptable ranges. Problem is, that is where the regulation stops. There is no auditing of anything else. There is no live auditing of games as they happen, no auditing of trends in variance for players, nothing.