LOL! German Online Poker is dead...

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happy New Year.... not!
Haven't tried all, but each site i wanted to play on today has banned my acccounts based on my GEO-IP...
Looks pretty much as if you cannot play real money poker anymore from germany... at least not on the more legit sites...
Has anyone more info on why the poker sites have now blocked german traffic ?

O

oreal52

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait what

Is onlie poker for real money banned in Germany or what ? I don't get it.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi :ciao:
es tut mir so leid
i sometime watch the german stream on twitch with xflixx... he seems play on pokerstars fine?
i suggest you go on felix stream chat, ask the german players watch, where to play
they all very nice i assured they assist you with locations for playing if deutsche
also here on cardschat is an appointed german helper, name is whiskers77, she is deutch and very nice i sure she help you, please contact her ok?
viel glück
hugs
Krista

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should try Opera browser - it has build in VPN so you will be from whatever country you want to

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should try Opera browser - it has build in VPN so you will be from whatever country you want to

And what's the use of that? My bank account for withdrawls has no VPN....

But i just figured out that i can still play on stars....

I used a VPN to connect to bet-at-home to verify that the ban is actually based on my location, not a general glitch in the software... When I logged in to Stars i forgot to turn it off and got the "no real money games in your region" message based on the VPN IP ;)

But something is going on... Bet at Home Support confirmed that they are not accepting players from my region since this year because of "legal issues"...

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Don't panic for now, Bet-at-home had "legal issues" with quite a number of countries which are playing on all the others platforms with no problem. Wasn't/isn't it the Bet-at-home freeroll which has the smallest field out of all CC tournaments? There is a reason for that. So now it looks like they excluded more countries/country.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many articles appear about how poker is developing in different countries. It turns out to be the opposite.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see German players on PokerStars frequently, or did they all just disapeary under my nose, because if they did it doesnt say much for my observation skills and my HUD didnt tell me.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happy New Year.... not!
Haven't tried all, but each site i wanted to play on today has banned my acccounts based on my GEO-IP...
Looks pretty much as if you cannot play real money poker anymore from Germany... at least not on the more legit sites...
Has anyone more info on why the poker sites have now blocked german traffic ?
Wow Kurt Cobain used that line?He da man haha...gl German :)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I can also see German players on Stars :)

M

MaZeee323

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm from germany and never had issues like that. I play on Pokerstars for 8 years now, had some cashouts and did a deposit last week. Maybe there is another problem because I'm not the only german I can see other ppl too.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.I think you are wrong because I see many German players on PokerStars and 888 as usual..