Laptop idea

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking for a laptop for multi tabling but don’t really know what specs il need il be adding more and more tables as I can handle them current can do 8 but not sure on the size of the screen I should get I know I’m wanting something with a ssd and 8gb ram but the rest I’m not too sure about will be wanting to run hm2 and what other software I pick up on the size also wanna be able to game on it but don’t wanna break the bank can only afford about £300ish
Any help will be much appreciated

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you want to play a few tables, then do it better with a large monitor. A laptop for this is not suitable.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a 27inch monitor which works well for multi tabling.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can get away with 4 tables on most laptops. More than 4, even 5, the table sizes are too small.

If you have to use a laptop, like I do, then look for the largest screen size that you can afford. I suggest 21" or larger.

Another option is a laptop that you can hook an external monitor up to (my setup right now). Two screens is better than one.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lookingfora laptop for multi tabling but don’t really know what specs il need il be adding more and more tables as I can handle them current can do 8 but not sure on the size of the screen I should get I know I’m wanting something with a ssd and 8gb ram but the rest I’m not too sure about will be wanting to run hm2 and what other software I pick up on the size also wanna be able to game on it but don’t wanna break the bank can only afford about £300ish
Any help will be much appreciated

Pretty much comes down to how much Money are you wiling to spend in order to determine what you need vs. what you want!

IF you buy a laptop with USB-type C port you can use an adapter for an additional monitor. That addresses the multi-table help for your visual ease in case it does not come with an HDMI or other video port.

For performance you want a laptop that has video card for example a separate GPU that does not run off the processor.

If you are going intel based system stay away from any I3 processors, not that they do not work but they are much slower than they are worth. But this is also dependent on the generation number of the processor as well. If you can afford it go with something that rocks one of the following processors:

https://www.pcgamer.com/best-cpu-for-gaming/

As for Ram everyone will tell you a minimum of 4gb, but use 8gb as your min if you can. This should allow for less bottleneck on memory resources. Usually this is plenty so your swap file does not get implemented, if you have multiple sites up or running multiple Apps. Though if you get an SSD drive this will be less an issue.

Finally and almost just as if not the most important is your network speed. If you are not going to plug a network cable directly into the laptop (ie cat5e or cat6 cable) then make sure your router (sometimes provided by your cable company) and WIFI adapter (on your laptop) is capable of AC protocol. Running a network bandwidth test the preference is to be no less than 15mb download speed. But you will have less issues with 30mbs and up.

I have build at least 1000 pc's since 1993 and tried to keep my suggestions non-technical.

But if you have any questions DM in case I miss your response...

In the 1500-2000 US range these are pretty nice prices will vary by location this is North east US - I did not take the time to comparison shop just went by the specs of each system:

Screen Shot 12 10 18 at 0152 PM

Sorry the pic sucks the top ones specs = MSI - 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive - Aluminum Black

and the bottom one = MSI - 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 512GB Solid State Drive - Matte Black With Gold Diamond Cut

Last edited:
F

FrankJukes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are looking to get a decent bang for your buck, depends on your price range but for around $1000 you should be able to get a laptop with a ryzen 2700 cpu and some decent specs based on what other needs you may use it for. Great cpu for the price, I was looking recently for a laptop n found them in the price range of $800-$1300.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got an external monitor attached to my laptop (which is an i5 with 8GB of RAM), and it works out pretty well.