Keyboard slip putting me all in

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has happened to me twice now.

Instead of using the bet slider, I often prefer to use the 10 key on the keyboard and press the enter button to make the bet.

Problem is, if you accidentally hit two buttons at the same time, it puts you all in.

The first time it happened, everyone folded. Scary, but no damage done.

The second time, someone called and I lost everything.

The pot was $1000. I wanted to bet exactly $750 and I didn't have a 3/4 button at the time. I entered $750 from the number pad but when I hit enter, I accidentally hit either the "3" button or the "." button at the same time. It put me all in and some guy who called my preflop raise with 10 6 os flopped 2 pair. I had AQ. Board was 10 6 A.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a way around it besides using the mouse or the buttons?

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use the mouse and I have not had any problems.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Instead of using the bet slider, I often prefer to use the 10 key on the keyboard and press the enter button to make the bet.

Problem is, if you accidentally hit two buttons at the same time, it puts you all in.

The pot was $1000. I wanted to bet exactly $750 and I didn't have a 3/4 button at the time. I entered $750 from the number pad but when I hit enter, I accidentally hit either the "3" button or the "." button at the same time. It put me all in and some guy who called my preflop raise with 10 6 os flopped 2 pair. I had AQ. Board was 10 6 A.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a way around it besides using the mouse or the buttons?

Looks like you would have likely lost quite a chunk of your stack here anyways, so I would not be that concerned, unless you are like super deep here.

I have made a mistake once and accidentally called an all-in with garbage.

I was clicking on the lobby, and I guess it came to my turn. The game table popped up with the call button right in the spot that I clicked. It was on the bubble too, which made it so much worse.

oiSN5nT.png

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like you would have likely lost quite a chunk of your stack here anyways, so I would not be that concerned, unless you are like super deep here.

I wasn't super deep, but it's better to lose maybe $2000 than $21,000....which is exactly what happened.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was clicking on the lobby, and I guess it came to my turn. The game table popped up with the call button right in the spot that I clicked. It was on the bubble too, which made it so much worse.

I have never misclicked a bet, manually entered or otherwise. But I have clicked on other stuff due to tables popping up. My trend now is clicking on ads that hijack my browser, then the browser pops up in front of the table I am playing on. Highly infuriating.

Another thing that happens to me is that I usually leave my mouse alone after a click. If the previous action had my cursor over the Fold button, well, clumsy fumbly-fingers me will accidentally fold the next hand!!

All I can say is be careful before you hit enter or click that mouse button.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's less likely to use your mouse.

D

Dontnonothin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never used the keyboard, but also made mistakes with the mouse. I think that just happens, especially if you do something else on the computer at the same time.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never used the keyboard, but also made mistakes with the mouse. I think that just happens, especially if you do something else on the computer at the same time.

That is always true. I have a wireless mouse that I use and a pretty old one. When the battery starts to die, well, chaos ensues.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mouse is definitely the way to go. Learning where the buttons are and cascading your windows is imperative if you are going to multitask during play.

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use only the mouse. But once the window of the table surfaced suddenly and I accidentally clicked on all-in. I didn't win but it was game chips and not money so I was lucky

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once had the opposite problem, I was outside and it was cold, I had AA in the BB and player in SB shoved, I tried to call but my phone wouldn't recognize my touch since my finger was almost frozen. With no time bank left, my hand went to muck.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I find the keyboard is too slow. Mouse much faster. On pokerstars my tables tile and place in exact same spot. There is a settings to have it like this somewhere. With it in the same spot all the time it allows for less mistakes with clicks. Plus I got betslider modified with the buttons on top. Ease to use example 50% pot if I want a little more I click the 50% button then add with slider.

Having said all of this I still do misclick and misread the board all the time.

Sometimes I just go with it more so if I misclicked raise. You can win the pot a fair number of times with just aggression. Harder when it is a misclick call I fold these mostly one or two times I have had great luck with it and won massive pots I shouldn't.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't think it would of changed anything. You would of got it all in on the flop anyways.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's happened to me, as well. I've been lucky when I mis-clicked, like you stated, and I've been at the other end, too. I use the mouse/cursor when I'm at a turbo table and I type a bet when I'm at a regular one. I've been lucky, lately, and the last time I mis-clicked I made a bet around 55x the BB and everybody folded. I Gotta remember to type slow.

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happened sometimes with me also, some bets made other paid. I use the mouse to play, I believe it is more practical and fast.
The only way around this is to be more careful when you are in the action of the most important hands.

Donskey

Donskey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The s/w should have an option check box to pop up a dialogue box asking "Are you sure you want to go all in?"
I really don't think it will slow down the game, and it should be available as an option

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happened sometimes with me also, some bets made other paid. I use the mouse to play, I believe it is more practical and fast.
The only way around this is to be more careful when you are in the action of the most important hands.

I like to manually enter my bet most of the time. The bet slider doesn't work for me. It's never where I need it to be. The 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, etc buttons work but not exact. I like tossin weird numbers out there.

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happened again to me just now

I'm in 8th place in position to make a final table.

I pick up QQ in the BB. There's only a couple guys limpin, so I check.

An ace comes on the flop.

SB checks.

I bet about 1100 and get two calls.

Turn is something like a 5.

I decide to take one last stab at it. If it fails, I give up.

I entered $2950, but when I hit the enter button I accidentally touched the "3" key as well.

My bet is now $29503 leaving me with about $800 in chips.

I get a call and go all in on the river with my measly $800.

Of course he calls. The turn gave him a straight and my tournament is over.

I threw my keyboard across the room. Won't ever happen again.