Keeping a hands journal

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was reading that someone mentioned keeping a journal of hands they're in during play. I tried it and it was a little difficult trying to manage it while in the game. I did notice it helped me slow down and think a bit, but I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this and found it beneficial. I was noting my hole cards, my position, and my action for each street, including the cards that fell.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cardschat is the place to keep a journal if you can handle some constructive critism.
Great being able to look back at exact situations that time and memory would blur.
Also some good advice to be found from time to time by other members and poker gurus.
Good luck.

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its a lot easier to mark the hand within a hud like HEM2, then you can run it through a replayer or sngwiz if you want to check your icm.

B

bl8k79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
software

I know there is different software that keeps yours and opponents stats, are there any decent programs that are free? if not free then cheap?

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A HUD seems like a good idea. I've noticed a couple out there and will have to give one a try. Looks like there's a thirty day trial available for Poker Copilot... I'll have to see how well that works out. Thanks for all the info. :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands