Keep Grinding it out, A Win is Coming for you!

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Morning all my beautiful friends out their! ChippymcMags INDAHOUSE here. otherwise known as chipmagnet82 at ACR.

I want to start by saying, I have finally come out of the negative on sharkscope,
I have finally gotten better with my bankroll management
I have learned to only play when I'm refreshed which leads to me being more disciplined.

For years it was always the same, I might go up from $5-10 to $25 or so than eventually lose it all in one bad decision.

I've always had success Live but never online.

I Consider myself a good player but the results were not showing until recently.

My biggest changes have been my discipline & patience.

Yes you may lose a few and it may seem like you will never win, you may even ponder calling it quits as I did.

Stick it out, keep playing your A game, and I say this. if you truly re playing good solid poker the results will come, so don't get discouraged.

When you finally get a good score let me tell you, it is worth those bad beats because everything you have lost you than won back and than some.
You start to understand and accept the variance of the game.

You gotta have Big folds in your game if you ever want to be successful with Poker Period.

I'm talking the 1010, the AJ the KQ type of hands that many struggle to get away from.

Sometimes it's not about the hands you win but rather the hands you fold!

I wish you all much success & Happiness, I just wanted to spread some love support and positive vibes!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Oh very good!
Good reading to keep me improving my discipline and patience tracks.
You're fully right.
Sometimes I gamble, I mean many times sometimes lol :). Specially in those hard blinds hyper tournaments with many maniacs siting. I go all in many times with my first hand whatever it is, over and over again. It's very cool see your 2 5o beat aces, kings and so and so. When you strike two or three times you start change gear, or not. It sounds stupid but who never did it?
Sure that I know there's another freeroll just like that again, this is the reason of gambling.
But those tournaments that you really want to get ITM, it's another story, the key is discipline.

Last edited:
Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I also think that perseverance, patience and discipline, as well as a positive attitude, will always lead to positive results. Another important aspect is respect for other players.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is true right now im trying to build up a bankroll through free rolls so i can start playing in other tourneys and first cash just happened yesterday :)

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the encouragement! I to experience more success live than online and have taken more breaks from the game than I care to admit.

I do hope my day will come and all the studying and practice will pay off. I invested some time ago $20 and got up to $50 then blew it all on a ring table after getting impatient and saying to myself - "double or nothing" Well nothing it was - :) Now I have the task of building my bankroll up from nothing as I have taken the position not to invest any more of my live poker winnings into online poker as punishment for my poor judgement described above.

This post is encouraging and we need more players who experience a breakthrough to share their viewpoint. Congrats!

I too will keep working and will definitely let others know my story.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanx man, and may the flop be w/you! :cool: