Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.

I wanted to tell you about a problem I had in a tournament (it was not from Cardschat, and I reserve the name of the room and the nick of the person with whom I had the problem in case I have to bring this to justice, if that it's possible ).
I had already entered prizes in that tournament and a person who was not playing at the table (I guess it would have been eliminated, I don't know if it was me) started insulting me with quite risky words.
Obviously I did not respond to their complaints, but I did make a printed chat page that featured these insults.
I just sent that printed page with a complaint to the room in question.
I would need your opinions and advice on this matter because that person's attitude really hurt and bothered.
My question is: can I ask the room to provide me with that person's details? Of course, the site has nothing to do with this rude coward.
I insist, it was not in a Cardschat tournament, I am just doing a catharsis and asking for advice.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Buenos Aires.

Last edited:
M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone.

I wanted to tell you about a problem I had in a tournament (it was not from Cardschat, and I reserve the name of the room and the nick of the person with whom I had the problem in case I have to bring this to justice, if that it's possible ).
I had already entered prizes in that tournament and a person who was not playing at the table (I guess it would have been eliminated, I don't know if it was me) started insulting me with quite risky words.
Obviously I did not respond to their complaints, but I did make a printed chat page that featured these insults.
I would need your opinions and advice on this matter because that person's attitude really hurt and bothered.

My question is: can I ask the room to provide me with that person's details? Of course, the site has nothing to do with this rude coward.
I insist, it was not in a Cardschat tournament, I am just doing a catharsis and asking for advice.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I see trash talk all the time when playing online. A couple of things you can do is report the person to the site usually under the chat option also under the same option you can mute the chat and that will stop the harassment. One last thing if you're serious about being a player you need to develop a thick skin

Copag

Copag

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens to me every day to come up with rude players and insult me ​​just because I'm winning, they get angry and take it out on us, totally rude on their part, very bad to play like that.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

If i was in your place i definitely would thank this person for teaching me these words :hmmmm2:

M

Monika555

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting info. Thanks for sharing!

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Insults

Say whatever you want. 9 times out of 10 they would say anything if they were face to face.

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance.

happened to me, for the fact gave to have eliminated another player but is the game ... I made the note with the data and sent to the site take providencias, I found disrespectful out the part of prejudice because I'm a woman

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from the heart of the States. TO answer your question, I highly doubt if the card room will give you any information about the player. That could set them up for some nasty legal complications (I am a lawyer and although I do not practice much international law, I do have friends who do). The best recourse is to just report it and likely they will ban that person from chat for a certain amount of time, if it continues, they will keep making the penalties worse on them.

Personally, I like to chat at the table when I can. It is not always possible because I take tons of notes on players, but, when I can, I chat away. I try to be friendly to people, even when they give me a bad beat but I will also talk a little smack to people...nothing profane or vulgar (not that I NEVER use any adult language on the site)...but I find that when you say something decent to someone who gave you a bad beat, it will encourage them to continue to play bad. But, I have also been on your side and had people call me all kinds of nasty names. But, being a lawyer, I have developed a thick skin for that kind of stuff...LOL. Really, you can either just take it with a grain of salt or you can close chat because this chucklehead that you encountered is not the only one out there. The fact that you had him cursing at you means you probably did something right. :D

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello everyone.

Thank you very much for your answers.
All of them have served me.
I have made the decision, some time ago, to block the chat room of poker rooms.
Anyway, I agree that you have to toughen up your skin to play online poker. For now I am putting my energy into improving my game by studying and taking notes on my opponents. I don't have time to read nonsense, much less answer it.
Maybe later I will follow the line of Phil Hellmuth hahaha, but for now I did not win anything important to give myself that luxury....

Thank you very much for being there.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sympathize with you. I myself have found myself in a situation where a person offends. This means that you play better than him, he is angry, he is weak.:D Never mind. And, you can also turn off the chat and you will be calmer. Maybe he wants to piss you off so that you make mistakes that he will try to take advantage of.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
In my opinion they should be punished. Unfortunately now insults a part of online poker and not only. Poker rooms need to ban that kind of players permanently which is prevent others to do the same. I am personally trying to be polite and friendly with players on my table, they respect me I respect them, they ignore me I ignore them. It always works a both way. Treat people like you want to be treated.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Situations can be different, so it is advisable to adjust your behavior in accordance with them.

For example, if you yourself have offended a person, and you understand that all his insults are just an insult to pride and an attempt to avenge the insult, then it is better to remain silent. Perhaps the interlocutor is tormented, and additional remarks will further aggravate the situation.
If you began to be unfairly offended, or even “for no reason, no reason at all,” then your opponent probably wants to “blow off steam”, and it is quite possible that you simply fell under a hot hand. Of course, in this situation you shouldn't be a “punching bag” - put the offender in his place!
If you are offended by a person who is clearly in an inadequate state, then it is better not to have anything to do with him and not to get involved in a dialogue. We are talking about a person who is hysterical, is in a state of alcoholic or drug intoxication. You will not be able to prove anything to such an interlocutor, and it is even likely that with your answers (any!) You will provoke him to a new stream of aggression or even to the use of physical force. It is better to avoid communication with such people, even if you surpass them in physical parameters - you should not get involved in a skirmish that is unlikely to end with something good.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Everyone has the right to protect themselves and their dignity. Therefore, it is your right to protect yourself by all legal means. On the other hand, the opponent could easily have personal troubles. And the negative emotions just spilled out accidentally to you. If I were you, I would rather ignore his negativity.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has the right to protect themselves and their dignity. Therefore, it is your right to protect yourself by all legal means. On the other hand, the opponent could easily have personal troubles. And the negative emotions just spilled out accidentally to you. If I were you, I would rather ignore his negativity.

What the hell does it mean??? : 'it is your right to protect yourself by all legal means' :confused:

They are in hordes, doing repetative criminal activities, and the 'legal' serves them....;)

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
What the hell does it mean??? : 'it is your right to protect yourself by all legal means' :confused:

They are in hordes, doing repetative criminal activities, and the 'legal' serves them....;)
There are two options. Play in the presence of a lawyer. Or don't play at all. Although there is a third option - do not pay attention to the emotions of the players, lead your game and defeat the boor. And then he will leave.

M

masa11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are few of them in poker and mostly at small limits, but in other games there are a lot of those who offend. At large limits, there are fewer such 30 year old schoolchildren who have stopped developing

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I had the same problem here at cardschat, a new member did not like
my opinion about donald trump and insulted me. I give them a little insult back ( bad mistake ) now they have sent me two more insulting
comments, I deleted them to just recieve eight more emails witch I
did not even bother to open them. Being a new member I think that he
is not reppresenting what cardschat is all about. I think that this member should have actions taken against them..

M

masa11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a couple of situations that took me out of the game and for insults

illphillllllll

illphillllllll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the world we live in. If its too much for your ears then dont play. Everyone has the right to play and say what they want. Rascism is never acceptable, everything else fair game. If you dont like the way they talk somewhere then dont go. Call me whatever you want, i know who i am.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pesky fly

Sorry to hear of your problem. As others have mentioned there are a few players that resort to this verbal abuse , I would guess that they do it on a regular basis as they have no intelligent way to interact when they are not getting their way.
Myself I have always enjoyed a good banter, which is totally different.
I usually just ignore them and sometimes they stop and or leave the online table.

ShaunCaps

ShaunCaps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just to underline- always get a screen shot of the offensive chat and send it to the moderators on the site.

Recently a player was being really vile (non stop foul language) to the entire table and so I noted his name, the number of the game in question etc. and then sent it to the mods. They said thanks but they could do nothing without a screen shot.

I presume they do not save chat themselves.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's why I keep chat closed and play on play where I can't see what other guys say

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most poker rooms reserve the right to ban people for chat abuse. So if you feel, someone is particularly out of line, then by all means take a screen shot and send it to support. If they agree with you, the person will then either be warned or kicked out.