I won a ticket for the sunday million... what now?

G

glxbetrxtter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I now have a ticket for the sunday million after playing a 11$ sit n go today. What are the strategies that should be used? For how long will I play? Is having a well-paid place (1000$+) realistic?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
It is a tough tournament plenty of good players. I hope you run well. You make hands you will get chips. Avoid marginal spots. And most of all enjoy the experience. Always dream big.
I now have a ticket for the sunday million after playing a 11$ sit n go today. What are the strategies that should be used? For how long will I play? Is having a well-paid place (1000$+) realistic?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Good luck to you. If you win, do not forget to write here about it.:)

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well done all you got to do now is beat 6000 odd other players some of them best players in world should be easy good luck.:eek:
Seriously though in the last 13 times playing this and other million dollar games profited $1300 due to 9 satellite wins
min cashes are hard but far from impossible,
You are on the right track good luck:)

Last edited:
Splitpot88

Splitpot88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Very nice, congrats and good luck :)

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If its the Encore you are not to far from cashing. Chip up dont all in risks dont shove the flop diffuse it on turn then shove. Best of Luck from your mates here on Cardschat! The Encore is better structured than the $265 MDS's.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just enjoy the experience and hope for the best!
Who knows, maybe you will be 100K $ richer after sunday :)

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was so close to get a ticket, but missed. I think i would be so nervous if I ever did get a chance to play it. Im so tight agressive. I railed a friend in it for 6 hours, and it was nothing like i worried about. I feel confident you can win this game now.
with Baby Poker Jesus on your side:)

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was so close to get a ticket, but missed. I think i would be so nervous if I ever did get a chance to play it. Im so tight agressive. I railed a friend in it for 6 hours, and it was nothing like i worried about. I feel confident you can win this game now.
with Baby Poker Jesus on your side:)

I like to watch the replays of the Final Table on the Sunday Million Tournaments on pokerstars. Very helpful to watch these replays as they show all the players Hole Cards face up straight from the deal, so you can see exactly how they play. This has been a great learning tool for me, I find it quite fun to think what I would do in the situations, then watch what they are doing different.

I just found this feature in the pokerstars client a week ago, I suggest OP should maybe check this out.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to watch the replays of the Final Table on the Sunday Million Tournaments on pokerstars. Very helpful to watch these replays as they show all the players Hole Cards face up straight from the deal, so you can see exactly how they play. This has been a great learning tool for me, I find it quite fun to think what I would do in the situations, then watch what they are doing different.

I just found this feature in the pokerstars client a week ago, I suggest OP should maybe check this out.

I have watched one. And it was from ACR where they showed all the whole cards. so interesting. When Im playing I think, everyone has the cards..but in reality there is a whole lotta bluffing going on..hahaha

Great tool, that Youtubie thing :)

millya5

millya5

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips

Congratulations on the purchase of a ticket! meet at the final table! Good luck to all !

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You do not have to be the best in the whole tournament to win it. All you need to do is be the best on your table ;-) GL

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck with the ticket, hope home make it itm!
maybe, to help, consider:
- yoga
- voodoo
- pray
- light a few candles
- put your opponents on tilt by being slightly insulting 'Phil Hellmuth immitation'

Anyway you'll also need to be 'just lucky'.
Just try your best and see what happens.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck just play your usual game.:):):)

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What now ? What now ?! Now go and won big game !
What now....what a question....Wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

G

glxbetrxtter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
- put your opponents on tilt by being slightly insulting 'Phil Hellmuth immitation'

Anyway you'll also need to be 'just lucky'.
Just try your best and see what happens.

Hahaha! Thank you all for your answers, i'll try and not forget to play it! I'll do my best to imitate Hellmuth also :icon_thum

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best thing you can do is to exchange the ticket for tournament dollars, although if you feel lucky you are free to play it too, but if you have no experience I doubt that you will last a long time. The truth is that as well as is full of good players that tournament, what is even more full is recreational players

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
think about winning one chip at a time, stay calm, do not think about the value of the tournament, think of it as a cheap tournament that you want to win up step by step

S

SlowRollAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations and best of luck. Play your game that won you the ticket and all you can do is your best.

G

glxbetrxtter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing you can do is to exchange the ticket for tournament dollars, although if you feel lucky you are free to play it too, but if you have no experience I doubt that you will last a long time. The truth is that as well as is full of good players that tournament, what is even more full is recreational players

As much as i'd like to, I don't think tickets are exchangeable for tournament money...

devisam

devisam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrat bro, can make the pic her of some hands? good luck.

G

glxbetrxtter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
congrat bro, can make the pic her of some hands? good luck.

Thanks man! I'm not sure I understand the last part of your comment tho... sorry english isn't my first language

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks man! I'm not sure I understand the last part of your comment tho... sorry english isn't my first language
Post interesting hands from game here in this thread I enjoy watching the struggle and I post hands in my sunday million combat the odds thread when I play.:fight:
screenshots and boom posts good luck.:top:

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play scared,,,,play above your skill level and Go for it!! :party: You only get so many chances in life to truly change it's direction,,,,This Sunday you have 1 of those chances,,,,No risk,no reward!! :deal: TID!