Chips
Last edited:
O

OwnedbyCow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to add that I think it is a bad idea to put a large amount of money into your account at first. I would start with an amount that you can afford that will not affect your daily life at all. For me, it is $10-20. If you are new to online poker or you haven't played in a while, you probably won't do so great at first. No point in losing a bunch of money.

I wouldn't worry about the deposit bonus. I was nowhere close to being able to earn mine.

But don't forget there are a lot of freerolls on a lot of these sites. It is a great way to practice and see how playstyles vary. In ACR and BCP, there will be a lot of people that play like maniacs in the beginning. This is probably normal for every site though. You are better off folding if the hand isn't premium when the tournament first starts. It seems like the first 5 hands (it's not always 5, just an estimate), someone goes all-in and at least one other person will Call them. Once they are done with that, back to your normal playstyle.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Long time ago i built it up from freerolls. Nowadays i think its more more difficult to do so

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started mine playing on three different poker sites, playing only freeroll tournaments, today I have a bankroll of almost $ 100 when entering the three sites. I think the best way to start is by playing free tournaments and then making deposits.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just playing freerolls. then putting a minimum deposit and spending 50% of my earnings.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My very first bankroll I builded playing freerolls, but it was 14 years ago and it was easier. Today is also possible to build a bankroll from freerolls, specially if you play cardschat tournaments or you can make a initial deposit, which these days I think is the best option.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best way to build a bankroll and learn to play is SNG tournaments 45-180max and single table 6-9max they train playing in the final table

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning, I was playing freerols and trying mainly learn game. one day i understood that can beat lowstakes.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not many freerolls around anymore for anyone starting out. Forget the 100 dollar games with 2000+ players. Not worth spending 2 hours to win 2c. You need to find good private freerolls if you want a chance of anything worthwhile. There are other ways of getting a bankroll. Some bookmakers sites run free bingo, free spins on slots, free sports bets etc.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The first and only deposit I made in 1998 was 20.00. I have never went broke after 22 years of playing I would say I have had my 20 dollars worth of fun.

Freerolls only to begin! See how it goes from there!

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got a decent B.R. from playing blackjack. Too bad i got barred everywhere, otherwise I'd still be playing.

W

williemays56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll

i like to play small sng or spin games to build my BR and then multi tables and larger sng,

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
built mine through freerolls and a lot of suffering, if you can make a deposit and go your way

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deposited $250 and started by playing in $10-20 tournaments. Terrible bank roll management especially if you have little or no skill but not if you get really really lucky hitting several 1 and 2 outers on the river and place 3rd in your first tournament and take down $1880.

From there use part of the winnings and buy poker books, join training sites, get PT and spend time on forums like this and 2+2.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like to play small sng or spin games to build my BR and then multi tables and larger sng,
How do you break your screen into 4 Windows for playing multiple tables? Is there (3rd party) software for that?

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Open account. Play freerolls. Deposit money. Win Rocky Win!! Lol

Z

Stay Safe

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls, freerolls and only freerolls! play freerolls, watch training videos, and install a poker program! build your bankroll and experience, and move on to the game for the money!!

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started with freerolls. Then there was a deposit. And so it started. Now I still play freerolls but mainly paid MTT tournaments and most of all Sit & Go tournaments in DoN format. They give me the biggest profit.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I started mine by taking $60.00 from my bank account and depositing it at America's Cardroom. For the live tournaments, since I play for recreation my entry fees come from my discretionary income. I began putting my wins aside when I began playing in the fall of 2018 in order to build the bankroll. I was still in the process of building it when live play ceased in March due to Covid-19.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always start building my bankroll with freerolls, from scratch, this is especially useful after a long break, to get in shape)

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like creating a bankroll through freerolls. Be patient, wait till you have at least 5-10 bucks before playing micro stakes.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Deposisitng ofcourse , then win some games or cash sessions , or win some freerolls , it's my recipe to grow my bankroll :)

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From freerolls, it’s a hard work, sometimes really painful, but possibly, just need to be patient and disciplined, and there’s a bankroll

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management