How to save hand histories when you use Linux?

K

kiranoff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I am a beginning poker player, but as I cannot stand Windows I exclusively use linux as my operating system. This means I am unable to play with a HUD since none of the available HUD software has the ability to run on a Linux system, but I don't worry too much about it since I mostly play on ignition, which doesn't allow HUDs anyway and I can play online without needing to meet the system requirements to download the site's poker client. However, I would still like to download my hand histories for review so I can discover and fix leaks as I study, but it seems like most of the software which can capture hand histories assumes you have a program like PokerTracker or Holdem Manager it can use. Is there a way to save my hand history on Linux without depending on a HUD application?

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what poker sites have a linux client (not a windows client using crossover if you can even do that)

K

kiranoff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what poker sites have a linux client (not a windows client using crossover if you can even do that)

None, as far as I know. I just play the "instant play" online games. I haven't tried doing this, but I know some online poker players who use Linux run their games inside of WINE, which basically creates a virtual space on your computer where you can run Windows and any associated Windows programs. However, I imagine that runs a risk of connection issues, and since I'm not trying to play a whole bunch of different sites at the moment, I'm fine sticking with online play in the browser at Ignition.

Maybe if I start getting good at the game I can use some of my winnings to get a laptop that I only use to play poker, and it would have Windows on it, but I don't see that happening for quite some time, realistically speaking.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands