How to play poker abroad?

B

BAM mobile

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I live in brazil where I have an active pokerstars account but now I'll spend some months in portugal.
While I'm here, I would love to keep playing on my account, as I already have some money there and do not want to play/spend money in Euros right now.
How to do that? Is it possible?

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I live in Brazil where I have an active PokerStars account but now I'll spend some months in Portugal.
While I'm here, I would love to keep playing on my account, as I already have some money there and do not want to play/spend money in Euros right now.
Yes, of course you can. there are guys who moved to other countries, then changed the country's flag and played from their accounts. perhaps this was done using the support of the poker room. or it can be just a location setting.:deal:
good luck at the tables!:)

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it is possible
Just deposit normally

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
The main thing is that the game of poker does not contradict the laws of the country in which you are. In general, players' travels do not violate the rules of poker sites. But to be sure, I think you should ask your question to support.
Good luck.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps the poker room will send you a request to confirm your account by email. Or, the next time you visit the site, you will see a window with a request.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be best to ask directly pokerstars. Being frequent traveler (before coronavirus times) i have asked them and they explained me that every country have different regulations. Some countries do not allow players to play when abroad, other have no such limitations. Usually when there are such limitations you will see message saying that real money games are not permitted in this region or something similar when you try to rregister for tournament.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I live in Brazil where I have an active PokerStars account but now I'll spend some months in Portugal.

I don’t think you can play poker. In Portugal you can only play from the pokerstars.es platform, but unfortunately you'll hardly be able to do that either, at least I did not succeed !!! I live in Ukraine and I was on vacation in Portugal !!!

B

BAM mobile

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BEST ANSWER SO FAR

Hi.
The main thing is that the game of poker does not contradict the laws of the country in which you are. In general, players' travels do not violate the rules of poker sites. But to be sure, I think you should ask your question to support.
Good luck.

I guess I should do that, right? Ask support is always the best answer... I've heard some people talking about using VPN but I'm not sure on how to do it.
Thanks anyway.

(can I give you stars?)

B

BAM mobile

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course you can. there are guys who moved to other countries, then changed the country's flag and played from their accounts. perhaps this was done using the support of the poker room. or it can be just a location setting.:deal:
good luck at the tables!:)

Thanks for the "good luck" - I tried that but I keep receiving the message "You can't play poker with real money on your location" but I think that's not true because gambling is allowed around here.

What now?

B

BAM mobile

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be best to ask directly pokerstars. Being frequent traveler (before coronavirus times) i have asked them and they explained me that every country have different regulations. Some countries do not allow players to play when abroad, other have no such limitations. Usually when there are such limitations you will see message saying that real money games are not permitted in this region or something similar when you try to rregister for tournament.

Oh, that's exactly the message I'm getting - seems GAME OVER then.
Well, maybe it's for the good - let's see if that helps me on controlling my addiction ;)
Thanks Acquaman's father!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I don’t think you can play poker. In Portugal you can only play from the pokerstars.es platform, but unfortunately you'll hardly be able to do that either, at least I did not succeed !!! I live in Ukraine and I was on vacation in Portugal !!!

.es is spanish domain btw and i doubt portugese players use that ...