How much do I need to became a Poker player for life?

P

phelipem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everone, this is a question I have, If i´m a player of 0,50 and 1,50 U$ player, how much do i need to became a poker player for life?

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A hundred dollars, yea a hundred dollars.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To live poker, you need to earn some money, but to win you must invest thousand dollars thousand dollars.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everone, this is a question I have, If i´m a player of 0,50 and 1,50 U$ player, how much do i need to became a poker player for life?

The exact amount depends on what kind of player you are going to be, as it will take a lot more money to be a bad poker player than a good one :). But hey, if you become a member of the Cardschat Freeroll Club you can become a poker player for free :)

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And how much money you need per month for a normal life, 5,000$, or maybe 10,000$, based on the required amount build your poker game. Obviously, playing poker at 0.50-1.50$ such money will not earn, so you need to raise the limit of the game.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is a tough question, you have to think that before becoming a Pro player, you will need to study the game, work out tactics and statistics, do a lot of playing tests and fine tune your game ...
Almost no one is a prodigy like Negreanu, who in his first wsop was champion.
You will spend hundreds of dollars just during your studies and hundreds more initially and will ultimately depend on your earnings to know how much you intend to earn for a living.
=)

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are players who focus on the stakes $ 0.50 and $ 1. In a month they earn good money. Of course, they play a lot of games. It may even consist in a team where the proceeds divided.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll not only need to make a lot (as said previously, at least $100/day which isn't a very comfortable living) but you'll have to invest a lot too. I can't recommend it, but good luck!

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
30,000$, or maybe 70,000$, based on the required amount build your poker game

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, you need to learn how to play poker, at least beat the cis micro-stakes. Then sit down and think, do I need all this ?! It is not easy to make money with poker.
If you want to try, you need a bankroll and its observance, the main thing is not to go to extremes, to observe discipline. In fact, most poker players know what to do
to achieve victory, but they don't do it ..:hmmmm:

rivermipasion

rivermipasion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When your earnings can cover your expenses, that is where you can live from poker, I have an acquaintance who lives from poker and is already a high-level player (10 thousand dollars upwards) with perseverance and patience, always studying you can get there

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at that amount of money that you ask is suggestible because it depends on the way you play, you should increase or decrease your ability to play at all times

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just keep playing, when you have a large bankroll and make more than your job, you will know that you are there. But, every poker player has been broke at one point or another, no matter how good, be prepared.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on what limits you are going to play. You are already a poker player, even playing freerolls. Only what kind of player: professional or amateur it depends only on you.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much do I need to be a poker player

Not much if you start playing online your back is against the wall. And the whole covid thing kinda ruined live games. So I dont need to be a poker player right now.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a little and not a lot.Just enough to realize your dream.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard 6 months of living expenses set aside plus the required bankroll for your limits is the starting point. That sounds like a good rule of thumb to me.

rictor99

rictor99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like it would be a stressful life. I much prefer playing for fun. Making money working a day job is much easier, LOL.

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard 6 months of living expenses set aside plus the required bankroll for your limits is the starting point. That sounds like a good rule of thumb to me.
Lol isnt that a bit much? There are a looooooooot of tournaments every day:rolleyes: