How many tables can you play?

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd like to know how many tables you have been able to play poker the most and how it works for concentration
My max is around 16 tables. I did it just for the experiment and ended up losing bunch of buy-ins on 0.25$ SNG. I barely could make a decision since the next table is appearing to waiting to act. It really affects your game. You'll probably make bunch of mistakes if you're not used to a lot of tables.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to know how many tables you have been able to play poker the most and how it works for concentration

I dont like playing more then 2 or 3 games at once. I dont like a table for me to make a decision at other table and clock is running down on that one. no way to get betting patterns on players etc

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom I play on 4 tables. MTTs 12+. But all HU and spin n go only o 1 table because I have to fell my opp playing that disciplines.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play in 4 or 5 tables at the same time, I think playing too many tables at the same time could affect your concentration.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I played on 6 tables and I was tired, I had to act fast and I didn't make good decisions so I gave up playing more than 2 tables at the same time.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play up to 12 tables but got tired pretty fast.. now i am trying to limit my table count to 4 to be able to take better decisions but sometime i still have 6 up

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for fun, so usually one or two, 5 tables is pretty much my max to keep track of things..

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 2 tables but sometimes I play a maximum of 3, I played 4 tables once and I didn't like it, above 3 I don't pay attention.

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually just play one maybe two but two is the max that I will do especially on BetOnline that has a low 20 second time bank.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 the table most optimal. Enough to play and to make informed decisions

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 4 tables. Since I can still overlook everything and take notes. And there are also less concentration mistakes than playing 8 tables.

But when I play SnG on stars, I also have 6-8 tables. The decisions are often easier here and not as complex as in tournaments. Because more push or fold situations.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played at most 4 tables, I did not like it, the concentration was lost after 2 hours of play. Now I play not more 2 tables, without losses concentration, can so play the entire day with breaks 10-15 minutes through every 2 hours.

Tr0pik

Tr0pik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, i play max 4 Spin&Go table, but most often 2 mtt table

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the last time try to play one the table, sometimes two, and the the second so short game spin & go, prevents concentration and very distracts, not have time well otsen situation and the table...

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Here lately I try not to run more than two or three games at once, that is partly because of my computer and it can't handle too many tables for too long. Especially if the HUD is running. It really depends on what your are playing IMO. If you are running cash tables that are always going to be full four to six is probably OK. If you are playing Sit and goes or MTTs and end up running deep in a couple of them, getting short handed (6 or less) can really speed up a table and make it harder to multi-table if you end up on two or more short handed tables. This problem increases when you are ITM and heads up.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far I have tried to play on three tables and no more. For me, this is a comfortable number of tables at the moment.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 or 3 max tables. Too many decisions and no enough time. Concentrate on beating 2 tables before going more

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Played 9-12 tables for like 6 years, worked fine for me. 12 tables is easy on two 24" monitors. I could play more with a better setup... modern ultrawide screen could be helpful for me in 2010. Also I haven't used keyboard shortcuts for 12 tables...

I practiced playing 16-18 tables for a month when I've decided to move up from 8 to 12 tables. It was a total mess, and for the practice I've played micro limits, paid like $200 for a month of practicing... But when I moved down from 16 to 12... It was comfortable. I did the same practice when moved up from 4 tables to 6, from 6 to 8... played more tables for a month. It's like you're practicing boxing against 5 opponents at the same time for a long time, and then suddenly 2 guys want to beat you at the street... it'll be easy.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely play 2 tables at the same time. Mostly if 2 interesting tournys run. Ok mostly because I didn't notice they are at the same time.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play 4 max but play two most of the time anything over 4 this old man cant keep up.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play 4-5 cash tables at a time or 2-3 sng tables...but I find I do better playing just 1 or 2 tables...some people play insane amounts of tables...I know Katie Dozier ( a big sng player) has stated she played up to 40 tables at a time..that to me is insane...but if you make money doing it go for it...

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Number tables

Hello I am interested to know how many tables you play to win once I play my top 6 come more may be all the practice and possibilities what you think

Tr0pik

Tr0pik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 2 max 4 tournament or spin&go table

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best for me is playing 4 tournaments at once, but i like to play 6-8 it's more interesting for me)