How many tables to play?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Multi tabling, how many tables can you handle?

How many tables can you play at the same time? I play up to 6, but after 3 I see myself making mistakes.

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not really that good at multitabling. I can handle 2, but usually just play one.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never tried multi-tabling. I think I'd have enough trouble with one table :D

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Usually, I play two or three tables at a time. If there are more than 3 tables I start making mistakes.
Good luck.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 tables is maximum I can handle, but I prefer 3-4.
I can take more but it might start to affect my performance.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends if I'm only playing NLH or if I'm mixing with PLO or PLO8. If it's only one type of game, I can play 6 tables at the same time, but I prefer to play 4 at maximum because with that amount I don't lose focus on the game and don't make silly mistakes.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play 4 tables,but that was too much for me because it was hard to stay focused so nowadays I play one or two and that's more than enough for me.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Maximum four tables without losing the quality of the game !!!

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand how you can play at multiple tables.Sometimes I play for two.But I only won once from both tables.I'm getting nervous.I make ill-considered moves.And I learned one rule:if you want to lose, play at multiple tables..If you want to win then choose one game.

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I want to be really focused (like being Deep in big mtt) , I play 3 tables max. If not, 4-6 tables

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Efficiently 2 tables , 4 is maximum , but better if 1 or 2 of them are freerolls or games of no importance , so I ccan play them without caring so much , without following the action at the table :) So 2 tables with serious games , and one or two less important or just freerolls or cyclone tables nowadays :)

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play just one table as i like to concentrate on the game. I can comfortably play two and occasionally i have done 3 but this is my maximum and at 3 my game is already getting worse.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
My best game is when I play at one table!

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
minimum 2 tables more than that I lose my concentration

Royal_K

Royal_K

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
2 tables, so I can still focus properly

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 or 3 tables most efficiently for me, rarely 4.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes play quite a few especially on Saturdays when lots of tourney start at about same time. If all tables are holdem I think I play not too bad with 3 but if more than that it is a struggle. If there is a table with another variant then it can be extremely challenging.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Usually, I only play two or three tables at a time, no more.

P

Pablitto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I thing, for fully concentrate 2 games is maximum, but for fun I was playing 5 max.

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many tables can you play at the same time? I play up to 6, but after 3 I see myself making mistakes.

Unfortunately it's only 8, but I can totally focus on it. Maybe if I had a holdem manager I would try more.:rolleyes:

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not really that good at multitabling. I can handle 2, but usually just play one.

I'm glad you found your sweet spot. I still haven't found mine. I've played up to four tables before. When I'm alert I can manage all four. That said, 2 is easier to handle and my results are better when I have 1 tourney I'm focusing on.

The more tables you play, the more opportunities you'll have to hit your range hands. The tradeoff, however, is that you won't realize the tendencies of the players at your table. Does Player A always fold to three bets? Does Player C fold the small blind when they're short stacked?

There are benefits and detriments to multi-tabling.

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play between 20 and 25 tournaments in a good pace but already played more than 30.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually only play 2 tables max. I like to pay attention to what people are doing, and place ranges on people when not in hand.

C

CornY7Y

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 tables max for me

I recently started playing poker and only play 2 tables because I try to keep track of my opponents :)