How to make 20k playing online poker?

K

KDRHL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really want to win millions or make living out of poker I just really need about 20k dollar to move out from my current home and start a better life. So I want to know what you think is the best and maybe the fastest way to achive this amount of money?

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
The fastest way, of course, is to achieve good results at strong tournaments. Buy in's of those tournaments are not small so you have to have enough money to play them at all. Every sunday on pokerstars you have strong tournaments whose buy in's are not that high (MicroMillions, etc.). Probably similar tournaments exist on other sites as well, but since I'm not a member of other sites i can't tell you that for sure.

Also, you can earn money fast by playing cash games with high blinds, but also you can quickly lose money that way.

Whether you will earn or lose depends on your playing skills and luck, that is also a part of the game.

Also, if I may say, I think that it's not good to have that imperative of victory or the desire to make money faster because it just makes you a pressure that you don't need. Poker is enough stressful by itself.

I wish you luck on the table and keep my fingers crossed for a better life. :icon_thum

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of the advice in this forum is good

And there’s plenty of advice that isn’t worth a squirt of piss in the desert.

I’ll recall an old joke about the best way to double your money. Fold it in half and put it in your wallet.

Make 20k in online poker? Shit. Take some advice in this forum and you better be starting with 50k

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Idk, try to look for opportunities in the real world. I honestly don’t think your idea with poker will work out.
Consider getting a part-time job, list some of your stuff for rent or whatever.

Don’t burn your hard-earned money here.

But if you want to take your chances: play a spin and go. One only. If you get lucky, you can hit a good multiplier and might even win. If you don’t, then you will save all the remaining money from being wasted.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont really want to win millions or make living out of poker I just really need about 20k dollar to move out from my current home and start a better life. So I want to know what you think is the best and maybe the fastest way to achive this amount of money?

Honestly its probably to not play poker but find yourself a decent job. Of course it depends somewhat on, where you live, the minimum salary etc. Getting good enough to win 20k dollars online will take years, and the majority will not make it that far. This is not 2003, where online poker was a secret just waiting for you to discover it ;)

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn to min cash every time you play...
Then only play winner takes all tourneys...

But honestly... If you want to make $20K fast in poker You should have a bankroll
that would be high enough to just move without having to gamble...

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally don’t know anyone who set out to do that. Everyone I know who has made significant money in online poker has done so naturally. They played poker as a hobby and found out they were good at it. This includes myself.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Get a good job, save for entry to a live tournament, practice here at CardsChat in the mean time...

Read and study the game, you can even do that while on lunch breaks at work...

Plenty of winning players still hold down a good job and still earn money at Poker as a side line...

I think that relying on Poker to make enough to move out is like religiously playing the lottery, you'll very easily spend more learning than you win to begin with...

If you have enough acquired knowledge, skill and luck you stand a good chance in the live games...

Good Luck :D

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
really do not want to win millions or earn a living at poker. I really just need about 20 thousand dollars to get out of its current home and start a better life. I want to know what you think is the best and perhaps the fastest way to achieve this amount of money?
An interesting question is that you talk about money not for poker and everyone wants money. Think about your game and how it sasavarshenstvate rest will happen by itself. But the fact is when poker is unpredictable game and can not know when we will make big impact:)

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wish you luck, man. 20k will not be enough to support you for life in most countries... Living costs are running costs. But just the same, enjoy the game and play well. :)