How do you prepare for an Online Poker session?

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
What I want you to share/describe is :

what do you do? like what do you do you just arrive or get up and start playingor you get up prepare the day leave all responsabilities ready for no interruptions later

do you eat before or after or in between session ?

and for the last in what situation do you think you play better or you believe you were at your top level and getting the best results?

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I know I'll have an all-day poker, I take a healthy breakfast, my favorite meal of the day, to make me happy and mentally in shape,.

I tell my gf to answer every phone call we may receive and tell that I'll call back another day if the phone call is for me, unless emergency.

I go to our bedroom and close the door to not hear a single sound.

Also, my gf is preparing my meal for 2 of my breaks... Thanks gf :)

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i normally don't prepare at all and if i eat anything it's usually just a snack during breaks.the only tourneys i really try to zone everything out and play really tight is the ones where i'm almost broke and have to place in.

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

what do you do? like what do you do you just arrive or get up and start playingor you get up prepare the day leave all responsabilities ready for no interruptions later

and for the last in what situation do you think you play better or you believe you were at your top level and getting the best results?

For me I eat before, and get stoned so in at my optimal. Than if I start off good I'll loosen up & get a couple beers play for about 30-45 mins than go out have a butt cone back in and really just pick my spots. Some you win some you lose, it feels much better winning tho lol

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
After siting down to play poker I shall have nothing to do, but play for, at least 4 hours. If I feel hungry, I eat before, so a cup of coffee, water and go for the lobby and make the adjustments on the breaks.

D

damo137

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can carry the lappy with me to the kitchen If I get hungry/thirsty, so no prep required for the $1 donkaments that I play.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to work out or go for a hot tub soak. Then eat a good healthy meal. Then I like listening to music before and during. Good Luck! [emoji812]️

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
|I run the treadmill for 22 minutes and shower. I take my nootropic herbs, grab some Kratom and coffee.

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Personally I like to play first thing in the morning to catch those trying to chase their loses...

I also like to prepare some tunes to listen to and maybe grab myself a few cans of Diet Coke and prepare to devastate the game!

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Most often, all the most interesting tournaments are held closer to the night. Therefore, it is best to sleep before the tournament. It is not always possible and sometimes I just fall asleep during the tournament.
:rolleyes:

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
- Meditate 10 min before the game starts;
- Turn off my cellphone, tv and social medias;
- Check if the internet connection is ok;
- Play!

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well sometimes I wake up and go to play and the first thing I do is enter a spin and go 0.25 $ to wake up and then if I play sit and go 0.50 $ (9 players) and sometimes when I come from college I start to play spin and go max

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Prepare? lol I'm lucky if I get enough time in a day to play at all. If I have time - I jump in.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I start to play, as it is not intrusive, in one tournament. Without any preliminary preparations. And it lasts a few hours without a break.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... normally if I decided to play on a specific day the first thing I do is to organize myself to have the necessary time and not be thinking that I should do other things later ... then I prepare some cold drink to be drinking during the time I'm playing ... and I try to eat well before I start playing ... and also have something to eat during the game ...!

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you have to be mentally tuned to an optimistic result. Gather my thoughts and go. During the break, you can afford to drink a Cup of tea or fragrant invigorating coffee, especially if the tournament is held at night. Well, try to remain calm regardless of the situation.

Mmurilove

Mmurilove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wake up, do exercises, meditate, study, lunch and start playing. During the grind I usually eat some fruit.

GGrinder

GGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have to feel good to play.basic answer but true though.i think everyone plays their A game when on form.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First I do my poker prayer:

Our Father, which art on the button
Luck be thy name.
Thy "All In" come.
Thy bluff be done,
Online as it is in Vegas.
Give us this day our stack of chips,
And forgive us our bad calls,
As we forgive those who shove against us.
And lead us not into traps,
But, deliver us from donks.
For thine is the fold, and the call, and the raise.
For ever and ever. Amen

Then I watch some of the best Tom Dwan bluffs to get in the right mood and finally visualize myself sucking out on every river.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I workout, eat, and get my beverages ready. If I know its going to be a long session I try to have my next meal somewhat pre prepared.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not preparing myself. There is no preparation for one and no drinks, if I get hungry, then I run to the kitchen and grab something and go back to the game.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
First I do my poker prayer:

Our Father, which art on the button
Luck be thy name.
Thy "All In" come.
Thy bluff be done,
Online as it is in Vegas.
Give us this day our stack of chips,
And forgive us our bad calls,
As we forgive those who shove against us.
And lead us not into traps,
But, deliver us from donks.
For thine is the fold, and the call, and the raise.
For ever and ever. Amen

Then I watch some of the best Tom Dwan bluffs to get in the right mood and finally visualize myself sucking out on every river.

I love this, lol. Kudos to your whimsy. I, myself, really don't prepare anymore. I just turn on the ol' pooter and get after it. ;)

Y

yoshi352000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an office set up with a desktop to play poker on, laptop that is used for watching shows during the grind. I check emails, check news, social media. Get bored of that before heading into the poker tables. I'm a tournament player for the vast majority so I use my 5 minute breaks for everything throughout the day, to get the next coffee, meal, bathroom etc.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would prepare with a healthy snack, music and some coffee. If I'm having a bad day maybe some mediation.

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bathroom break; a shot of whiskey; and hulu.